Engin Akyurek maybe the best actor in the world ever-BIO/Updates pg4&a - Page 11

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MercuryVenus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: DefLeppard

@SaraF...@MecuryVenus

i feel he is made for Hollywood He has the capacity to break the oh-so west barrier; which is very high for eastern world

HOLLYWOOD CALLING

Hollywood is a very arrogant and snob industry. They never give any major role to Asians.
DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
From what is told/shared here...
Engin is in slo mo wrt his career.
Learning a new language...its diction is no brainer...esp. In this app oriented world. He is a quick learner*including gutter acts* Lol
HW work ethics...like nude/kissing scenes, bulk dates, contracts etc should not be new...at all to him.
Turkey is not Asia. Its gateway to Europe. IMO they have an advantage than a BW trying out there.
And from economics of business ...he has proven track record.

MercuryVenus thumbnail

From what is told/shared here...
Engin is in slo mo wrt his career.
Learning a new language...its diction is no brainer...esp. In this app oriented world. He is a quick learner*including gutter acts* Lol
HW work ethics...like nude/kissing scenes, bulk dates, contracts etc should not be new...at all to him.
Turkey is not Asia. Its gateway to Europe. IMO they have an advantage than a BW trying out there.
And from economics of business ...he has proven track record.

Turkey is Asia darling. Entire Turkey is in Asia except Istanbul.
Hollywood people are not very receptive of talents from around the world. Even if they take Asians their roles are not substantial and to venture in Hollywood Engin needs work more in movies than in TV series. TV actors are not noticed by them. Movies are noticed in international film festivals etc.
DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Agree...
1. a few cities are more on the maps than the rest of the country.
2.He needs to do movies for body of content to be more.
3.He needs strong agents based out of LA to get him auditions etc.

But Engin is no hurry ...IMO

Cross-overs are possible.*believe me*

btw what is your name @MercuryVenus?

SaraFatma thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Antonio bandera did not know English he learned it after he joined hollywood. And he is im guessing south american by ethnicity.
So im guessing you juat need to gwt into hollywood woth a good agent and you can float then rest is upto your talent and hardwork.

He is a hard worker and quick learner and convincingly speaks in english fir projects he could pull it off.
That french actor in unfaithful movie doesnt speak engliah so well either but he pulled it off. Even salma hayek learnt it later.

The point it that is engin interested in hollywood coz he takes his career so casually for hollywood u need huge commitment.

MercuryVenus thumbnail

Agree...

1. a few cities are more on the maps than the rest of the country.
2.He needs to do movies for body of content to be more.
3.He needs strong agents based out of LA to get him auditions etc.

But Engin is no hurry ...IMO

Cross-overs are possible.*believe me*

btw what is your name @MercuryVenus?

I wish what you are saying comes true but not very hopeful as far as Hollywood is concerned.
My name is Noopur😊 Whats your name?
Edited by MercuryVenus - 8 years ago
iamanaida thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I dont know if Engin will get good offers from Bollywood or Hollywood. But right now I want him to get a good show, a role with good substance and a good lead female.

I'd like him to be offered roles - like a guy from a small town and the female lead too from a small town simple background like FG but not on the similar lines of FG show.

I think Engin doesnt need to make an effort to romance, his expressions, his eyes are enough to emote his feelings. Even that one look of his is enough to make you feel you are on cloud 9. Engin doesnt need heavily quoted love dialogues or 24 hr glu-mance.

For me FaRim had the best romance, just the right proportion, very consistent, very subtle, not overdone which made them look like a normal couple. 😳
SaraFatma thumbnail
I will have to disagree a bit on a few things for the sake of breaking monotony regarding his projects.
He has very typically handsome eastern tall dark looks, he could pass off for Iraqi, Arab, Iranian, Pakistani, North Indian, even afghani, heck can even pull of a South American, Hispanic dude.
I think even though he looks eastern, apart from Turkish he could be mistaken for any of these ethnicities.

However on Turkish TV is noticed that European looking actors are shown mostly as glam rich types while eastern are shown from the other side of the bridge hardworking middle class types. Or very conservative simpletons.

Engin has great skill to make his different roles distinct from each other but if u notice closely they all have similar back stories from middle class humble background or a village dude. From kader to omer all reflected a certain similar strata of society.

I want Engin to breakout from that typecast as he has always played the middle class boy or the village boy. I mean I want him to play a strong upper class sauve city boy the types of roles they give European looking actors for a change too perhaps for a movie if not a to series.I'd like him to spice it up a bit this time and do something different in terms of his characters background. You know it will give a certain edge to his role. This I speak for turkiTv and cinema.

He does 75% of his act with eyes and is of few actors who need very few dialogues.
I saw a movie once of sharukh it was called 'koyla' he played a mute in it and he was really good in it with his eyes and expressions he struck a cord. I see Engin posses a similar craft in the sense that he could do similar roles. If given something like that in Bollywood with few dialogues he would have people floored!! He could start easy like that in Bollywood/Hollywood.

You know the book 40 rules of love by Elif Shafak , I always imagined if they could make an authentic book to reel movie version in hollywood, then Engin Akyurek could be a perfect Shams in it! And his accent would add more charm to the character.
Edited by SaraFatma - 8 years ago
tvluvr thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
check out this interview of engin with english subtitles
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC-pf3Py6V8[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by tvluvr - 8 years ago
SaraFatma thumbnail
Thankyou for the interview.
He seema like a very humble and norml pwrson with no air of 'superstar' surrounding him.
U know the kind of pwrson u could juat call and hang and talk over coffee.
A very smart man.