Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

I sort of see what Shah is saying, although he goes about articulating it poorly. Khanna was an important actor because he initially acted in socially relevant movies like Aradhana, Kati Patang, Anand, Amar Prem et al. at a time when Bollywood still focused on somewhat intellectual subjects in a subtle manner - reflecting on life and death, humans coping with tragedy, and existential issues. In his works after 1975, there was a shift to movies that were not as substantial in content as he was trying to remain in competition with Bachchan's angry young man.

Was Khanna as skilled an actor as his worshipping fans claim him to be? Maybe, maybe not. Personally, I would put Sanjeev Kumar above him as far as acting is concerned but I do think it admirable that Khanna didn't shy away from sharing screen space with the likes of Bachchan, and Kumar in his heydays. That said, his fans should not be driven to rageful conniption because someone does not share the same opinion.

LOL at people acting like Shah is the male equivalent of Rakhi Sawant who is pressed because he didn't enjoy the same stardom that Khanna did -- I don't think he was ever in that rat race to begin with and if he was, boy did he pick the wrong movies like Katha, Sparsh, Albert Pinto Ko Gussa Kyon Aata Hai, Jaane Bhi Do Yaroon to try to capitulate himself into stardom.

Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Is this man out of his mind ??

crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
In my opinion, it was with the rise of Amitabh Bachchan and action movies that the quality of films began to decline...

Naseer seems to be a bitter person... Atleast he could have spoken well about RK on his death anniversary..

Completely agree with you! 👏

It was with Amitabh's arrival that movies took a nosedive into sexism, violence, machogiri and all the masala movie trends.

Rajesh Khanna had continued the 50s and 60s trend of romance, music, emotional drama, as well as the prominence and importance of heroines role in movies!

Rajesh was a wonderful actor who emoted with his eyes, be it romance, desire, sadness, tragedy, he could express everything with his eyes.
He was exceptional in his death scenes, you could see the life ebbing out of his eyes in those scenes.
Anand, Amar Prem, Bawarchi, Abhimaan, Khamoshi, many of his movies are all-time classics!

Ittefaq was a brilliant psychological thriller, a unique film in those times without any songs.

Its really awful of Naseer to bash Rajesh Khanna on his death anniversary. He seems to have become very bitter in his old age.
agreed ! it was amitabh and not kaka ji. i like 60s sweet musical romance than hero saving heroine and thrashing gundas solely.
BullsEye777 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

The unfortunate part is that after some lovely movies, just like RK, Naseer also did try to move into the rage of his times, the masala movies. Why forget Hero Hiralal, Karma, Jalwa, Tridev, etc where even though some movies did well, he was not completely accepted by the masses

Instead of being bitter and lamenting about his not getting good scripts, for a person who was so much into movies, why didn't he go the Kamal Hassan route and make his own movies if he wanted to save the industry from 'mediocrity'.
crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
amitabh bacchan is more responsible for it. if one has to blame for bringing mediocrity.
1092002 thumbnail
Shah said, "I apologise to those who were personally offended, my intention was not to attack him (Rajesh Khanna)," tweeted India Today.
Edited by hrithiksgluv - 8 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Now why did he have to do that?

I wish he didn't apologize...

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: crazygul

amitabh bacchan is more responsible for it. if one has to blame for bringing mediocrity.

Everbody knows that... Shah says gutsy things usually, why didn't he mention Bachchan?

Maybe he didn't want to get on Bachchan's bad side and chose Khanna instead who's dead and has no influence in the industry right now.
crazygul thumbnail

Originally posted by: hrithiksgluv

Shah said, "I apologise to those who were personally offended, my intention was not to attack him (Rajesh Khanna)," tweeted India Today.

kaka ji family is definitely hurted. and unkey fans rey ! 😭
SELINA_MV thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
What the need to pull down someone who already in the grave? He can't do anything anymore. Why not just pray form him, uncle Naseer?