Epic show ending with a whimper

leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Who killed Balikavadhu?

Whoever, they did not kill it but slaughtered it in front of loyal viewers.

There were chinks in balikavadhu when they portrayed Anandi as too trusting, sheltering evil forces under her, not acting in time and acting too late. But all these were covered up nicely because the actors covered up and stories covered up. Once Mahi viz took over, with the same mentality but with a lot of vulgar scenes thrown in and the never ending saga of unnecessary suffering went on and on, the viewers stopped watching it and spared themselves of mental torture. The chinks became too big with no good story to back up and no good actors to save it. Well, it has met its end but ending as a show which embarrassed its loyal viewers who winked at many inconsistencies previously.

When I saw the confirmed news and the photographs posted on the last day, I heaved a sigh of relief.

Edited by leavesandwaves - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kase thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: leavesandwaves

Who killed Balikavadhu?

There were chinks in balikavadhu when they portrayed Anandi as too trusting, sheltering evil forces under her, not acting in time and acting too late. But all these were covered up nicely because other actors covered up and other stories covered up. Once Mahi viz took over, with the same mentality but with a lot of vulgar scenes thrown in and the never ending saga of unnecessary suffering went on and on, the viewers stopped watching it and spared themselves of mental torture. The chinks became too big with no good story to back up and no good actors to save it. Well, it has met its end but ending as a show which embarrassed its loyal viewers who winked at many inconsistencies previously.

When I saw the confirmed news and the photographs posted on the last day, I heaved a sigh of relief.

Never ever thought LeavesandWaves that it would come to this day when we would write about the show ending with a sense of relief and not regret

How systematically they have ruined the show.. The more I see the rerun in Tamil (now showing the Sanchi infatuation with Jagya phase) more I realize what a powerful story & star cast it was

But all good things come to an end .. here it became bad and met its end :(

jayshree1942 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i never thought balikavadhu will end this way. such a great show. what was a need to drag . they could have ended this show when anandi got pregnant, they could have shown happy delivery and ending.
Jagya was also settled in his life . both anandi and badi haveli ended on happy note.

now no one bother show is ending or running.
Viswasruti thumbnail
Who killed Balikavadhu?
A question which we are all asking since long , but there is no one left here to answer !!!
What a show it was ! We were attracted towards it because we all sensed that it is a new type of serial which has a substantial substance in it , one of the social evils of our time was discussing in it at length . How we all wondered while watching it every night ritualistically and after a certain time , forgot that we are watching a serial , it was so real to us , we all cried for the sufferings of child Anandi like her real mother , later watched that small girl's triumphs and tirades with great interest , tried to understand the people of rural areas with rich Zamindars with their feudalistic attitudes , the intricacies in joint families and the consequences of that unity in diversity, later the protagonist's adulthood and the shackles she had to bear while entering in to family life , the autocratic Daadisa and her unquestioned authority , the blindly following sons and the dumb DILs [ the society expected them like that ] at that time ,like a ray of hope to the next generation , later to every generation , means previous , present and later ones ,Anandi entered with her wisdom , with her logical questioning , with her convincing methods , she tried to improve the lives of many people in her village as well as in the near by villages too .
I know , we all know the story , but reminding you all because , it is nothing but I am recollecting those golden episodes of this once up on a time's great serial , a trend setter !
How many episodes we re-viewed and reviewed like obsessive audience , then at that time , every episode was very interesting , how restless we used to be when there was no show in weekends !
We were emotionally attached to that character Anandi ,
irrespective of their age , education , occupation , social strata , all language people ,all states ,countries ,continents ,unimaginable impact of that character's portrayal by a child first then an young... beautiful girl , later another actress . We love her, adore her, appreciate her ,started imagining her as an important part of our lives.
When and where , why and what for we lost our Balika Vadhu ? I wondered , it is very painful to see the demise of one of the greatest tele character in such a brutal way , in a violent incident without any meaningful ending , no proper last rites , no tribute at all ????!!!
Thank you leaves for reminding us what a great serial it was once up on a time !😊
Edited by Viswasruti - 8 years ago
leavesandwaves thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Who killed Balikavadhu?
A question which we are all asking since long , but there is no one left here to answer !!!
What a show it was ! We were attracted towards it because we all sensed that it is a new type of serial which has a substantial substance in it , one of the social evils of our time was discussing in it at length . How we all wondered while watching it every night ritualistically and after a certain time , forgot that we are watching a serial , it was so real to us , we all cried for the sufferings of child Anandi like her real mother , later watched that small girl's triumphs and tirades with great interest , tried to understand the people of rural areas with rich Zamindars with their feudalistic attitudes , the intricacies in joint families and the consequences of that unity in diversity, later the protagonist's adulthood and the shackles she had to bear while entering in to family life , the autocratic Daadisa and her unquestioned authority , the blindly following sons and the dumb DILs [ the society expected them like that ] at that time ,like a ray of hope to the next generation , later to every generation , means previous , present and later ones ,Anandi entered with her wisdom , with her logical questioning , with her convincing methods , she tried to improve the lives of many people in her village as well as in the near by villages too .
I know , we all know the story , but reminding you all because , it is nothing but I am recollecting those golden episodes of this once up on a time's great serial , a trend setter !
How many episodes we re-viewed and reviewed like obsessive audience , then at that time , every episode was very interesting , how restless we used to be when there was no show in weekends !
irrespective of their age , education , occupation , social strata , all language people ,all states ,countries ,continents ,unimaginable impact of that character's portrayal by a child first then an young... beautiful girl , later another actress . We love her, adore her, appreciate her ,started imagining her as an important part of our lives.
When and where , why and what for we lost our Balika Vadhu ? I wondered , it is very painful to see the demise of one of the greatest tele character in such a brutal way , in a violent incident without any meaningful ending , no proper last rites , no tribute at all ????!!!
Thank you leaves for reminding us what a great serial it was once up on a time !😊

Yes, it was the greatest show for many of us. That is why I still shed tears.
In an interview Surekhaji said that the new story is weird and just out of loyalty she is there until the last. Even Ruslom confessed that the new concept is a big failure in a recent interview.
1013962 thumbnail
Which interview leaves ?
Surekhaji should not justify why she is there she is working with the ph so she had to listen to them
Rushlan total crap he is more concerned about his bi sexualtu
Avyakta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Who killed Balikavadhu?

Mercilessly they slaughtered the sentiments of their loyal viewers . The hurt is overwhelmingly profound , which shattered our belief that Anandi was immortal , will be there forever ! We lost a classic character which has the capability to make a child prodigy as a wonderful actress , had made a new comer as a talented world renowned actress , never expected such a fate to our Anandi .😲
At the end of this show ,instead of acknowledging for their creativity , we are all expressing our displeasure for their misdeeds to this once' great show, for this one of the greatest characters in Indian TV industry !
Avyakta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kase

Never ever thought LeavesandWaves that it would come to this day when we would write about the show ending with a sense of relief and not regret

How systematically they have ruined the show.. The more I see the rerun in Tamil (now showing the Sanchi infatuation with Jagya phase) more I realize what a powerful story & star cast it was

But all good things come to an end .. here it became bad and met its end :(

Millions of viewers agree with your painful expressins Kase . Well said .😊
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anandi was played by 3 talented actresses and even when I felt annoyed with them, I admired all of them and made them part of my imagination.

The way they degraded the show made me more to long for anandi, dadisa,Jagya, Shiv, Bhairon and Basant, the iconic characters of Balikavadhu.

I never cared for Akheraj and Jaitsar folks and also Nimboli. Just I waited for the original story to return which never happened. They maybe good actors but they are never an integral part of Balikavadhu.

The greediness to get quick trps made them laughing stocks. The show that replaced is not getting great trps inspite of huge promotions. What will they do now? Replace it with another show once more?

leavesandwaves thumbnail
I changed the title because it was an epic show and it became an embarrassing sho now.