Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fairi_88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

Been wondering the same thing the past few episodes. I can get past the makeover but how did she lose the accent? She has had her accent and way of speaking her entire life and she lost it in one day? That's impossible. Then when she was talking to Shiza she kinda had her accent again. I blame the director, that's some bad directing.

She groomed herself as per the novel , but in the drama they are rushing things that is why it looked confusing...they should have shown some time being passed actually to make it look convincing
fairi_88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I watched the last few episodes together
I like the actor playing Afaq , haven't seen him before ... they are going exactly the novel way...thank God the torturous episodes of Sheila being beaten have passed...but there is lot more torture to come,😆
Im waiting for Shafaq's meeting with Haider...
By the way what role is Hina Altaf playing in this because Haider k daughter to koi aur actress hai 😕
IKR how can they ignore something which is so obvious! They could have just changed her appearance, they didnt need to change the accent.
807116 thumbnail
At the moment, each one's stories (adults and children) look disjointed. Whether they remain like that or they will connect at the end like a jigsaw puzzle, I don't know.

Finally makers showed Hyder and Shehla's meeting. My blood boiled when Hyder slapped Shehla. So far his love has only given her pain. Still he has the audacity. He did not seem to understand what Shehla said; being chained but thinking he is free.

Shehla showed no worry about her children. How can any mum be so detached (even if she leaves her husband/religion)? Now suddenly, she is shown doing Namaaz. The story looks so disjointed at each level. (It is unfortunate, as it started off greatly). Can anyone who has read the novel give the synopsis? (I cannot read Urdu).
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
my head spun when Hayder slapped shaila. how dare he??? he was not there to help her in any time of her life when needed. He sure was there to show his MARDANGI to slap her and point out to her that her change of religion and getting married to mr peter was a GUNAH... He was also eager to point out for his own ego that he made mistakes but she did was Gunah!!!! seriously??? talk about male ego at any given time of life by the stage of life at the given male in life be a father,brother, husband or a son. screen mein guske Hayder per hath saf karne ka dil kar ta tha. kya dhulai karti uski agar hath main aata. I used to feel that shaila and haider should end up together but after today's episode ... no way in hell...
i feel bad for Shaila and her kids that she is so stoned after all of that abuse even for her kids ... so in the end not only shaila abut her kids also suffered equally if not more.
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

At the moment, each one's stories (adults and children) look disjointed. Whether they remain like that or they will connect at the end like a jigsaw puzzle, I don't know.

Finally makers showed Hyder and Shehla's meeting. My blood boiled when Hyder slapped Shehla. So far his love has only given her pain. Still he has the audacity. He did not seem to understand what Shehla said; being chained but thinking he is free.

Shehla showed no worry about her children. How can any mum be so detached (even if she leaves her husband/religion)? Now suddenly, she is shown doing Namaaz. The story looks so disjointed at each level. (It is unfortunate, as it started off greatly). Can anyone who has read the novel give the synopsis? (I cannot read Urdu).

Didn't seem like she was not worried for her kids in fact she admitted to her mistakes and shortcomings. She isn't detached from her kids, she is just numb from life. When she left, she probably left them knowing that Malik Mansoor would not abuse his children. It was well established that he absolutely loved Shafak, and Shehla at least knew that as a father he was fine. Unfortunately, over the years he simply became an even worse human being.

The story doesn't appear disjointed to me. I do have issues with the direction and editing in some places but its progressing properly and is well paced overall. As for her praying - that did not happen in this episode. We will see how that comes about in the next one.
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: cimba

my head spun when Hayder slapped shaila. how dare he??? he was not there to help her in any time of her life when needed. He sure was there to show his MARDANGI to slap her and point out to her that her change of religion and getting married to mr peter was a GUNAH... He was also eager to point out for his own ego that he made mistakes but she did was Gunah!!!! seriously??? talk about male ego at any given time of life by the stage of life at the given male in life be a father,brother, husband or a son. screen mein guske Hayder per hath saf karne ka dil kar ta tha. kya dhulai karti uski agar hath main aata. I used to feel that shaila and haider should end up together but after today's episode ... no way in hell...
i feel bad for Shaila and her kids that she is so stoned after all of that abuse even for her kids ... so in the end not only shaila abut her kids also suffered equally if not more.

I've just watched this episode. and I regret not watching this show before, coz it is a well made show, with amazing performances. I loved Naveen's acting. 😊

Yes. That slap made me think of you Cimba. I knew that you won't be able to accept it. But in that scene she almost denied believing in Allah. this is the greatest gunah in Islam. a muslim has to believe in Allah. if he changed to a non muslim this is not acceptible at all. So he slapped her to remind her of the huge mistake she made. I know you won't accept it. and he has no right on her , because he isn't a relative. 😕

Sheila want's her son to not follow any religion. but in precap she's shown doing namaz. I am curios if she wants her son to become a muslim .
Neel_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I don't like to see for any reason men's slapping womens.. no matter what.
Hitting a woman is not showing mardangi... that proves his cowardness.

If she becomes christian, changes her beliefs than she is answerable for that because she is an adult. He has no rights to hit her.

I guess Shaila never said to her son that she is Muslim, and that is why son was surprised to see her praying...

807116 thumbnail

Originally posted by: awida

I've just watched this episode. and I regret not watching this show before, coz it is a well made show, with amazing performances. I loved Naveen's acting. 😊

Yes. That slap made me think of you Cimba. I knew that you won't be able to accept it. But in that scene she almost denied believing in Allah. this is the greatest gunah in Islam. a muslim has to believe in Allah. if he changed to a non muslim this is not acceptible at all. So he slapped her to remind her of the huge mistake she made. I know you won't accept it. and he has no right on her , because he isn't a relative. 😕

Sheila want's her son to not follow any religion. but in precap she's shown doing namaz. I am curios if she wants her son to become a muslim .

On bold. As Shehla mentioned herself, if she has done a gunah, she is only answerable to her creator. Hyder or any other mortals have no right to pass judgement on her. If one believes all are creations of the Allah, one has no right to feel superior over another human being, whether they follow Islam or not.
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

I see it from Haidar's pov. He loves Sheila. He is religious guy too. so he hates to let her go away with disbelieving in Allah. it is like a father punishes his child for a mistake. Haidar did that slap out of love and care for Sheila. He doesn't want her to go to hell.
In Islamic rules there are some which punish a muslim if he says or does something against Islam. But this kind of rules are in some countries, and the punish should come from law, and the system. not by anyone.