Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

807116 thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Sorry. Questioning Sheila's moves (whether she was right in leaving her children or her raising of Peter) is part of discussing this soap. But a request, do not to make this soap discussion into serious religious issue.
There are Indian/Hindu watchers for Pakistani serials (me being one). This forum is used by us too. (Just peeping in threads to see which shows are good).

Conversion is a sensitive issue. No religion gives freedom for its followers to leave their faith. India has historically faced forced conversions and Indians feel touchy about this. I do not want to quote any post asking, what if it were to be the other way. But just requesting, not to bring Quran in a daily soap discussion.
OMG this Afak is such a creep!
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

Sorry. Questioning Sheila's moves (whether she was right in leaving her children or her raising of Peter) is part of discussing this soap. But a request, do not to make this soap discussion into serious religious issue.

There are Indian/Hindu watchers for Pakistani serials (me being one). This forum is used by us too. (Just peeping in threads to see which shows are good).

Conversion is a sensitive issue. No religion gives freedom for its followers to leave their faith. India has historically faced forced conversions and Indians feel touchy about this. I do not want to quote any post asking, what if it were to be the other way. But just requesting, not to bring Quran in a daily soap discussion.

I am sorry but this will be a part of the discussion because the show has religious themes. If you are watching the show then you will realize that Shehla is clearly disturbed by the fact that her son is following Christianity. Most of us try not to get into religious debates but religion will be discussed if it is important to the show or a certain character which is the case here. It is something you will have to ignore if you feel uncomfortable.

A lot of Pakistanis and Muslims watch Indian shows which are notorious for being heavy with religious imagery and themes along with constantly showing a lot of Hindu rituals. Since we choose to watch these shows we ignore discussions revolving around these things if we are non-Hindus.

From what I have read of most posts here, people are simply shedding light on certain rules in the Islamic religion. Now whether they are right or wrong about the information they are providing well I will refrain from commenting on it for the time being.

Generally, Pakistani shows do not show much religious imagery but there are some shows which have a religious element to them and discussing it cannot be helped. As long as people are being respectful towards people, and other religions and cultures then there is no harm in discussing religion when it is important to a show. If someone is not being civil or is being disrespectful towards your religion or another religion then feel free to point it out to them, tell them you feel uncomfortable and that it is inappropriate. I am sure they will refrain from it in the future.
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Both of you about religious touchiness. This is not about Hindu or Muslim at this point. This has turned Christian. Soaps in India show rituals which is equivalent to namaz in Pakistani soaps. Obviously Hindus have lot more unnecessary rituals than needed. Half of them were invented when there were no better things to do in life with extra time on hand and they needed things to do kill time. Most don't make sense in current day and time but people blindly follow them anyway. I say that because I am Hindu and constantly fighting family with reasons for nonsense.
Muslims same way who ever follows my posts knows how I feel about lots of non equal treatment of women and 4 wives, Covering face There were reasons back in days now times have changed. We all need to move on. God never told anyone that one sex is superior than other. As someone mentioned above Muslim women is not allowed to marry non Muslim but Muslim men can marry non Muslim. I have not seen any thing open male schulvinstic as much as this religion. Best part is that women are so brain washed for generations that they accept it.
. All is well as long as it suits your beliefs and heart. It's hard when you are raised in a particular faith but now we are able to get more knowledge about other faiths.
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: cimba

Both of you about religious touchiness. This is not about Hindu or Muslim at this point. This has turned Christian. Soaps in India show rituals which is equivalent to namaz in Pakistani soaps. Obviously Hindus have lot more unnecessary rituals than needed. Half of them were invented when there were no better things to do in life with extra time on hand and they needed things to do kill time. Most don't make sense in current day and time but people blindly follow them anyway. I say that because I am Hindu and constantly fighting family with reasons for nonsense.

Muslims same way who ever follows my posts knows how I feel about lots of non equal treatment of women and 4 wives, Covering face There were reasons back in days now times have changed. We all need to move on. God never told anyone that one sex is superior than other. As someone mentioned above Muslim women is not allowed to marry non Muslim but Muslim men can marry non Muslim. I have not seen any thing open male schulvinstic as much as this religion. Best part is that women are so brain washed for generations that they accept it.
. All is well as long as it suits your beliefs and heart. It's hard when you are raised in a particular faith but now we are able to get more knowledge about other faiths.

I respect your point of view althogh I disagree with you. coz religions are about faith. take or leave it. Islam has many rules ..some may look as preferance of men ..but in fact it is not. It is only to save society from bigger problems and fights. A man can marry 4 wives , but there are very few men who do this in our days. coz there is a change in the minds of ppl. also women grow more independant ..this is good.

But there is no reason for a woman to go against Islam by marrying a non muslim..it a rule set by Allah ..not by humans. so as I said ..it is a part of faith. If you are not able to accept it ..you are not a true muslim. it is as simple as this. 😊

In each religion there are set of rules ..like we see in Hindu or cristian. Eating meat is forbidden in some religions. going against it may put the person of that religion in a problem with his relatives and society. and there are many such rules in many religions. and accepting them is a must for a religious man.😊
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i believe in every good point of all religions as long as it makes sense.
eating meat or vegetation has to do with where you live and what is accessible. it was turned in to religion so people go by it and follow it. its done so live stock (animal) sustains and vegetation which is abundant seasonally gets used by people. no access to refrigeration in hot area were told to be vegetarians because meat spoils and people would be sick. same goes for pork ..lots of worms inside pig would make people sick so were not allowed to eat.. cows were used for fertilizer, main source of food as milk and milk products... so were not allowed to eat... there are reason for it...
then point again comes up why just women were told not to marry non muslim and men were ok to do so??? again diff rules for diff sex ... i think there must be a reason but dont say allah said so ... lots of things were said and done because of the demand of the time and safety of women possible ... this day and age nothing to do with faith but just blind following blind. Faith is good but have to be able to figure what is wrong be smart enough to ask questions to your self... why?
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

@Cimba. I don't need to ask my self about the reasons of Islamic rules. there are many secrets in this world. Many hidden truths. and unknown reasons for many things in this world. Sense is only in our minds. There is a gr8 mind in this world ..bigger than ours. He Who creat this world taught us many things. All the invitions and descoveries in the world give us a new learning experience. Ppl who died before knowing about them didn't know. so even with us. we'll die before knowing many things about this world. Allah knows every thing ..we know only few things.
Coming to the main point. what I think the reason for muslim women being forbidden from marrying non muslims is that in muslim family there is a leader .. this is the husbend who is responsible of the whole family. he put the rules. if a woman is too the leader of the family there'll be many fights. emagine tow ppl driving a car. one disides to turn left when the othet was turning right? For this a muslim woman can't marry a non muslim ..to avoid being a mother to non muslims..or being forced to leave Islam by her non muslim hubby. There may be another reasons which I don't know. coz I am not a shaikh . I am still learning Islamic fiqh.

Any way @Cimpa you are free to have your own opinions. I am just trying to shed some light on those matters that seem different to accept. Even I have many questions in my mind. but I am afraid to bore ppl who watch this show, and come here to discuss about it. I'll try to watch it .🤔
807116 thumbnail
I know about the boring rituals shown in Indian TV (some which are almost extinct). I have never justified them or watch any superstitious shows. I don't watch Pak shows also, which are too religious. It is just a matter of personal taste.
I do understand the situation when religious things are discussed (like Halala and Iddat period was discussed during Zara Yaad Kar). I never commented on that. (In fact, they made me understand the serial). But when I read here, "Shehla def got what she deserved. How could she accept happiness after leaving her religion?" I felt, the member is stating her religious believes rather than discussing the character and the situation. I wanted to defend Sheila's decision then. (She never got justice in her life till then. With Peter, at least she had momentary happiness and a free life there after. If she had continued with her earlier life, she would have been left with the same miserable state).

May be I should have quoted her and defended, why Sheila does not have right to leave her religion? Would the member have said the same, if the girl had left another religion and married a Muslim man? But somewhere I felt, that sounds too intrusive to other's beliefs. I did not want to disrespect any religion. So I made a generic request to avoid this topic (conversion) itself.
I did not want to say anything further. But I wrote it now because, someone said I am too touchy. That's not real. I can discuss and defend Sheila openly. I was only cautious not to offend anyone in the process, who would feel touchy.
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

I know about the boring rituals shown in Indian TV (some which are almost extinct). I have never justified them or watch any superstitious shows. I don't watch Pak shows also, which are too religious. It is just a matter of personal taste.

I do understand the situation when religious things are discussed (like Halala and Iddat period was discussed during Zara Yaad Kar). I never commented on that. (In fact, they made me understand the serial). But when I read here, "Shehla def got what she deserved. How could she accept happiness after leaving her religion?" I felt, the member is stating her religious believes rather than discussing the character and the situation. I wanted to defend Sheila's decision then. (She never got justice in her life till then. With Peter, at least she had momentary happiness and a free life there after. If she had continued with her earlier life, she would have been left with the same miserable state).

May be I should have quoted her and defended, why Sheila does not have right to leave her religion? Would the member have said the same, if the girl had left another religion and married a Muslim man? But somewhere I felt, that sounds too intrusive to other's beliefs. I did not want to disrespect any religion. So I made a generic request to avoid this topic (conversion) itself.
I did not want to say anything further. But I wrote it now because, someone said I am too touchy. That's not real. I can discuss and defend Sheila openly. I was only cautious not to offend anyone in the process, who would feel touchy.

I am the only person who quoted your post and nowhere did I say you were being touchy. I did not put you or your opinion down and even told you to directly comment on someone's post if their post was offensive so they would not repeat it in the future.

If you feel a certain way about someone's post you are free to comment on it with your own opinion like they have commented with theirs. I respect that you were trying to be respectful and avoid a controversial subject. I honestly think it's better to comment on someone's post directly. No one will mind as long as the conversation is civil. You were very civil so I am sure no one here would have had anything against you.

I myself have previously defended Shehla for running to Peter when everyone here was against her decision. I understood why you made your request to avoid bringing religion in but since Shehla was clearly uncomfortable with her son's choice to follow Christianity it's really hard to not discuss why she is uncomfortable and that brings her religious leanings into the discussion.

As for my comment on Hindu rituals in shows, I have no issues with that. They are part of a religion and culture. My point was that when people on forums discuss Hindu symbolism I either ignore it because I have nothing to contribute or don't believe in it or I just try to understand what they are saying. Trust me I have read enough topics on shows where a character, a story, a name or something reminds someone of a Hindu epic.

One last thing, I enjoy reading differing opinions, they make a discussion exciting and informational. I also appreciate when non-Muslims watch these shows and have stuff to contribute. It's refreshing to see a diverse group of people watching and taking genuine interest in a certain show.
Peters character made no sense to me. At one point he was so sympathetic towards her situation, how can he suddenly just tell ehr to leave? :S