Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NazmaJ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
A Muslim can marry a non Muslim as long as they are people of the book. People have interpreted it as a Muslim man can marry a non Muslim woman, but I don't purport to be an expert and Allah knows best.
As for children taking the religion of the father well that's a cop out in this situation. Shehla was not with Peter when the William was growing up, in fact he had nothing to do with the upbringing of the child. Therefore William's religion and belief system was down the Shehla. If she is unhappy now then she can only blame herself.
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: NazmaJ

A Muslim can marry a non Muslim as long as they are people of the book.

Yes. It is in Quraan. a muslim man can marry only a chtistian or a jewish woman if they aren't in a war with muslims. a muslim woman can only marry a muslim man.

People have interpreted it as a Muslim man can marry a non Muslim woman, but I don't purport to be an expert and Allah knows best.

As for children taking the religion of the father well that's a cop out in this situation. Shehla was not with Peter when the William was growing up, in fact he had nothing to do with the upbringing of the child. Therefore William's religion and belief system was down the Shehla. If she is unhappy now then she can only blame herself.

There is no rule about the boy's religion ..his mom can arise him as a muslim if his father wasn't there. in fact there are many muslims whom their parents are not muslims. a man can chose his religion.😊

NazmaJ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: awida

There is no rule about the boy's religion ..his mom can arise him as a muslim if his father wasn't there. in fact there are many muslims whom their parents are not muslims. a man can chose his religion.😊

The only verses I have ever seen don't specifically talk about men and women, they speak of believers and non-believers. However as I said I'm not educated enough to speak on the issue and it doesn't seem clear cut to me. If anyone is able to specifically point to verses that clarify the issue good, if not then I feel there is some innovation to suit misogynistic viewpoints.
No offence intended to anyone.
A Muslim can marry a non Muslim as long as they are people of the book. People have interpreted it as a Muslim man can marry a non Muslim woman, but I don't purport to be an expert and Allah knows best.
[/QUOTE
Only a man is allowed to marry a christian
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

The only verses I have ever seen don't specifically talk about men and women, they speak of believers and non-believers. However as I said I'm not educated enough to speak on the issue and it doesn't seem clear cut to me. If anyone is able to specifically point to verses that clarify the issue good, if not then I feel there is some innovation to suit misogynistic viewpoints.

I understand your feelings Nazma. But Islam isn't about our thoughts or ideas. Quraan isn't a fiction by a man to suit men only. When we believe in Islam , Allah and Muhammad (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam) it becomes easy to have faith and accept the differences between men and women. it is not that men are prefered here. it is about who is the head of the family. and each ship has only one captain. A man is the head of the family and he desides the religion of the children. Women are equal to men in Islam. in front of Allah they are equal. but in rules which run the society there has to be some differences. coz there can't be 2 leaders in the family..or their will be more fights. and this is what we see now after women became more independent and powerful. Divorces and broken families increase by each passing day.
Sorry if I offended any of you. I am not good in explaining my self in English, coz I am not that good in it.😳
friends_rock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

It is not permissible for a Muslim woman to marry a non-Muslim from any other religion, whether from among the Jews or Christians, or any other kaafir religion. It is not permissible for her to marry a Jew, a Christian, a Magian, a communist, an idol-worshipper, etc.

It is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a non-Muslim woman if she is Christian or Jewish, but it is not permissible for him to marry a non-Muslim woman who follows any religion other than these two.

https://islamqa.info/en/21380

Hadees are explained in English.
friends_rock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
William was told by everyone that he was "Christian". I guess over the years, he did hear about his father or his religion? I mean his name pretty much gives it away. If you keep on telling a child how he is a Christian, he will start to believe it one day.

cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
well... christian does not mean that priest walks up to a child and tells him that he is going to be a priest instead of a pilot ... what kind of nut case was that priest???? another thing is that ,i see so called mrs.peter kept lots of things under wraps ... maybe job, unwanted questions from people and child, safety over all... child is confused...
on the other hand son of a monster turned out be a bigger monster ...🤔.. birds of a feather flock together ... omg that son of hers is a terror ...
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Shehla didn't raise her child with a religion so he picked one himself. Due to his name and his mother being "Mrs.Peter" everyone automatically assumed he is a Christian hence he gravitated towards Christianity. Shehla is unable to justify this to herself because inside she is still a Muslim. Her faith seems to be alive in her somewhere and seeing her son practicing a religion other than Islam is making her very uncomfortable. William is a good human being like Shehla raised him to be but the idea of him being an adherent of Christianity is not sitting well with her.

Her first son Afaq on the other hand is a very disturbed individual thanks to the absence of his mother and being raised by a father who is an indecent human being. Afaq clearly hates Malik Mansoor and knows his father is horrible; he isn't afraid to point that out at every chance he gets. However, he also resents Shehla. He has faced so much inner conflict that his disturbed reality is turning him into his father.

Shafak, like her driver Sohail said, is a very innocent and naive young girl. She is probably plagued by the guilt of inadvertently causing her little sister Falak's death. Like her brother she is lost and depressed, and searching for affection, companionship etc. anywhere she can find it.
Neel_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I think what i was taught from my parents that Muslim girl or Muslim man cannot marry a christian as long as they don't change their religion and become muslim. Muslim cannot marry till the other person is non muslim...the kids born from a non muslim and mulim parents are not acceptable and very rudely called them najaez..
In this show Muslim and non muslim show is najayez and thus the son. Peter never changed to muslim.

except Muslim children born muslim...but william na ghar ka na ghat ka.
Shaeila is to be blamed for this mess.
Firstly she married peter which marriage was illegal and gave birth of a najaez baby with a limbo religion.
Even after the boy born she could have raised him as muslim or a christian which she believe more. By keeping peter name proved in the society that she is christian and the cared for peter
Seems she doesn't care for Muslim religion either, now face the consequences.
Her other son became spoiled too.