Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Ranbirrocks

Hi all,
Just checking how many people agree that Ranbir is

1) A Great actor
2) He is here to stay for next 20-25 years
3) He is future superstar
4) Has proven beyond doubt that he is a star material.

And how many people do not agree at all ?

For nay Sayers - Yes there is Roy, BV and Besharam but there's also WUS, Barfi, YJHD, Tamasha and Rockstar.
Discuss and debate.

1. He is a great actor.
2. He can stay as long he wish.
3. He is already a superstar. Its just a bad time.
4. Yes but also superstar materiel.
rinaa1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: beingdumb

i hate ranbir but damn i have to agree with ur points...except the star material...he is the best among current lot...
@LOL b grade actor seriously # DELUSIONAL

As a fan I have no problem with your kind of hater who at least not blind and can able to accept he is a great actor 😉. May be this is the reason why haters dig his personal life to bash him.
rinaa1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: GrumpyTheCat

LOL

😆 😆 😆 😆

Every now and then keep making these kinds of threads to remind people that he actually is an actor apart from being Kat's cheater BF 😆😆

memory is fickle

oh its mean kat's mission succeed. Her pr keep reminding how she dumped and brutally ignored by him. What kind of person could desperate to get back with a cheater boyfriend !!!
rinaa1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RamPaiger

He sucks and Ranveer surpassed him ages ago.

Why bring ranveer's name ? Why singh's fans are obsessive about Ranbir ? lol just kidding. Some other post ranveer's fan wrote this when he mentioned.
rinaa1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheBoss

Nothing wrong. As long as he can compartmentalize his life and be equal to others. He shouldn't be afraid to speak up even to parents if he feels wronged. I do feel that his mom took many important decisions for him in his life. This isn't fair to his partners.

Good actor? Hmm. Hindi. That Aligarh guy, also Irfan, nawazuddin, om Puri, paresh rawal etc. English. Daniel day Lewis, Morgan Freeman, Robert DE Niro, Denzel Washington etc.

I think Ranbir can do what aligarh guy, Irfan, Nawaz om pri is doing but I doubt they can do YJHD, Barfi, Rokstar, Tamasha. Rocket singh was superb. One of my favorite movie.
Pr1yanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
I think he is an amazing actor...just needs a hit...bad choice of scripts of late...didn't even bother to check his last few movies...last I had watched was jawani deewani
Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Ranbirrocks

Hi all,
Just checking how many people agree that Ranbir is

1) A Great actor
2) He is here to stay for next 20-25 years
3) He is future superstar
4) Has proven beyond doubt that he is a star material.

And how many people do not agree at all ?

For nay Sayers - Yes there is Roy, BV and Besharam but there's also WUS, Barfi, YJHD, Tamasha and Rockstar.
Discuss and debate.

1. He is a really good and versatile actor. I have only watched in the following order: Anjaana Anjaani (on TV, i think), Rocket Singh, Raajneeti and Barfi!. I LOVED Rocket Singh and Ranbir really impressed me so I looked for something offbeat in his filmography and watched Raajneeti then Barfi!. I think I watched all these movies after 2012 or 2013 or 2014 so pretty recently.

2. Is he? Any movie industry be it HW or BW this fits: out of sight out of mind. So he might stay in BW for 25+ years but it might be like Nawazuddin etc. types who are lauded for their performances but aren't that much visible in public either.

3. I don't know. Superstar is asking for too much at this period in time. It's got nothing to do with his recently flopping movies. You need a lot more than acting to be superstar. Ranbir lacks that "something" which makes one a superstar. The common-folks (not masses but general people like us) need to connect with an actor on-screen and off-screen. His off-screen presence isn't much to talk about (at this period of time).

4. Star material... again, point 3. Look at Aishwariya or even Kareena. How long they have been in BW for and look at those who debuted with them or just before or after them. Sure people remember those actresses too but these 2 stayed relevant. Ranbir needs to have this in order to be a true star. There are lots of highly talented actors like Nawazuddin, Irfan etc. but they aren't exactly stars. That's not to say that those who are stars or superstars lack in acting talent. You need to have acting talent in the first place to work towards other aspects of being a star (of course there are always exceptions but those are very rare).

just a side note: being a "not-star" doesn't mean you definitely have the acting talent. Sonam said something similar a while back. She didn't put it correctly but I have always thought being a star doesn't mean you don't know how to act or not having audience pull means you are the greates actor to have walked this planet. Acting like anything else requires hard work and experience. Of course some are born with the talent but even they need experience and hard work to better their performances and hone their craft. Some are willing to put in the effort and thus become great actors and/or stars/superstars, some don't. You reap what you sow.

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail + 7
All he need is hit
Baki sab gossip koi yaad nahi rakhta
KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Are you skeptical of your own actor? Ranbir doesn't deserve a topic like this. I think he has what it takes to go long. Open such topics when he is at the top and it will suit the purpose otherwise it looks desperate on his behalf by his fans... Popularity in IF doesn't matter in real life so it's useless to prove things here

OTP, he will remain as one of the best actors and stars among the new generation for many years to come... but his dominant time has passed around 2013. Ranbir has natural acting ability, Ranveer is versatile and Varun has connection to mass... Biru didnt have strong and hungry contemporaries like them before. there was imran but he was never a star material...
Edited by KhanSinghKumar - 8 years ago
Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
RK is one of the finest actor in the industry. But I don't see any possibility of becoming a super star. He has dug his own grave by picking wrong movies. He is more in the news for his love affair then his work. As far as I am concerned the man has lost his charm. There was a time when I loved this man and hated Ranveer, things have changed for me I hate Ranbir now. I wouldn't say I love or like Ranveer but I am fan of his acting and choices he has made with movies.