Birth Anniversary of Late Sanjeev Kumar-your favorite movie?

Poll

your favorite performance of this great actor??

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
222149 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

July 9th was the birth anniversary of one of the finest actor of Indian cinema..winner of 2 National Awards for Best Actor Dastak(1971) and Koshish(1973).He was called the ACTOR in a galaxy of stars.

Happy Birthday Sanjeev Kumar!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

222149 thumbnail
post your favorite scene/movie/song anything..

some interesting facts about Sanjeev Kumar:

• Sanjeev Kumar was born in to a Gujarati family in Surat. His family later settled in Mumbai where he attended a film school
  • Sanjeev Kumar 's original name was Harihar Jethalal Jariwala. He was popularly known as Haribhai in Hindi film fraternity
  • Sanjeev Kumar never minded playing small roles or playing older roles. He played older roles and always cared about the scope of the roles
  • Haribhai debuted as a protagonist in 1965 in the film Nishan which was directed by Aspi Irani. The film starred actors like Nazima, Prem Chopra and Helen
  • He started his acting career as a theatre actor in the Indian People's Theatre Association in Mumbai and then worked with the Indian National Theatre
  • He was known for taking up challenging roles to play. In Satyajit Ray's Shatranj Ke Khilari, Sanjeev Kumar played the role of Mirza Sajjad Ali, a chess-obsessed nawab from Lucknow
  • He has done regional films in many different language including Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Sindhi and his mother tongue Gujarati
  • Unfortunately, the man who was known for his older roles, died at a young age. Sanjeev Kumar died on November 6, 1985 at the age of 47 due to a heart attack.
Here is a list awards won by Sanjeev Kumar:
  • National Film Award for Best Actor: He won the award in 1971 for Dastak and 1973 forKoshish
  • Filmfare Award for Best Actor: He won the award in 1976 for Aandhi and 1977 for Arjun Pandit
  • BFJA Best Actor: He won the award for his film Koshish in 1974
  • Naval Stars Awards. Shanoo Varun Trophy in 1969
  • Cinegoers Council (Delhi) film Awards in 1975
IhateKhans thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
seen only Sholay and silsila (didn't watch the whole thing, had to FF the movie). So Sholay
PRAGD thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

I am his diehard fan. His all movies are my favourites. Some are mentioned here -

Anubhav with Tanuja

Anamika / Naukar / Naya Din Nayi Raat , etc. with Jaya Bhaduri

Devta with Shabana Azmi

Faraar with Sharmila Tagore 👏

& Shriman Shrimati with Rakhi 😃

Baat Ban Jaye with Zeenat Amaan

Love all his movies ❤️

TheBoss thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Sholay. Felt really bad for him. Ek toh thakur ki biwi bhi nahi thi upar se gabbar ne uske haath kaat diye.
222149 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PRAGD

I am his diehard fan. His all movies are my favourites. Some are mentioned here -

Anubhav with Tanuja

Anamika / Naukar / Naya Din Nayi Raat , etc. with Jaya Bhaduri

Devta with Shabana Azmi

Faraar with Sharmila Tagore 👏

& Shriman Shrimati with Rakhi 😃

Baat Ban Jaye with Zeenat Amaan

Love all his movies ❤️

his character roles in 80s movies were amazing too.silsila,hero and vidhaata⭐️
Edited by MiniRulz - 8 years ago
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Aww sanjeev kumar is one of the finest actor and remembered for his versitality !!

i love his Aandhi ,which has beautiful songs like.."tere bina zindagi se" ❤️
1017676 thumbnail
One of my Favs 😃
Any movie he is in and I am sold except for Sholay.
I hate that movie.
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
My Fav. movies of Sanjeev K are Sholay, Koshish and Aandhi! 😃
Esp Aandhi for its songs! ❤️
S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Action Alliance

The 70s were filled with rumours about Sanjeev Kumar proposing to Hema Malini. That was actually a true story. Sanjeev Kumar had proposed to Hema Malini which she had blatantly refused in front of him because she was then dating Dharmendra. It was on the sets of the film Sholay that Sanjeev Kumar kept his proposal. Reports have it that out of anger he persuaded the director, Ramesh Sippy, to not create any scene with him and Hema Malini. It is said that a hurt and dejected Sanjeev Kumar took to extreme alcohol addiction which resulted in his declining health and eventual death from a heart-attack.