Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shinya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I loved both the leads, Jagya as well as Anandi, who played the character did not matter to me. I loved Gauri too, the show was most successful during jagya-anandi-gauri triangle.
If they had to drag the show till their 8th annivarsary, they could have at least shown some good moments with anandi, her twins, jagya's family, mangala and redeemed akhiraj, harki kundan.

Why did they make a mess by killing anandi like a homeless woman and her kids growing up like beggars? ๐Ÿคข

And worse still they brought a witch-faced woman with no acting skills to play grownup nandini.๐Ÿ˜ก
CosmoCoCo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Personally i liked Jagya more than Anandi because of the character development His story served some purpose unlike Anandis Creatives in their blindness for Anandi to show her most mahaan and also tragedy queen ruined her character completely Her character and story served no purpose IMO , they wasted her character and story completely ( This is solely my opinion No offense to Anandi fans ) They killed Anandi to show her daughter's story but they decided to end it in within three months Lols so what was the need to kill Anandi ? They could have stretched the show a bit longer till three months with Anandi alive to have their 8 years and then end the serial ?But no they killed Anandi , even maligned her at her death too only to have Nandini's story which they decided to end within three months
So they disposed Anandi for no reason
Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It was bound to happen. CV's totally ruined the show. I stopped watching it after they side lined Avinash.
GoodDoc_2105 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Aashima.

http://m.indiatoday.in/story/exclusive-mahhi-vij-balika-vadhu-to-go-off-air-anandi-lifetv/1/708768.html

Exclusive: Balika Vadhu's lead actress Mahhi Vij blames
changed timings for show going off air

Balika Vadhu was a dream project for Mahhi Vij, and she
signed on it with a lot of hopes. In fact, she had rejected
quite a lot of soaps to wait for the right project and when
the opportunity to star in this iconic show came, she jumped
at it. The actress, however, would have never thought that
her dream would end so abruptly. In an exclusive
conversation with India Today online, the actress opened up
about the show going off air after 8 years of successful run.

A GRAND COMEBACK ENDED IN A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT
"I was making a comeback after 3 years and I thought that
THIS is the comeback. But then it's ok it's the channel's
decision, it's the production house's decision," the actress
told us.

'WHEN THE SLOT CHANGED, TRPS HAD TO DROP'
Mahhi, however, feels it's the changed timing that has put
the final nail in the coffin. "When the slot changed from 8
pm to 6:30 pm, I was quite disappointed. But you just have
to work and not see the slot. The show was not promoted
well with the new timings, and people didn't know about it,"
said the actress, adding that it resulted in the drop in the
show's TRPs. "TRPs will drop. If your slot is shifted to 6:30
from 8 pm, of course the TRPs will drop."

FRESH BEGINNINGS FOR MAHHI
The actress is now moving on to another show, that she will
soon announce, but it's a difficult moment for her to leave
the "happy set" and good buddies.
"I'm trying to move on to another show. That's not a
problem. It's the emotional attachment that I have
developed with cast and crew that is bothering me. It's not
the end of the world. Ruslaan (Krish) is very very close to
me. I never have lunch without him, he never eats without
me. I'm very close to the production person Zakir bhai."

"On my way to the sets today, I started crying. It's not the
show, it's your attachment with people...(voice cracks with
emotion)"
Mahhi is now planning to make the most of the remining 10
days she has on Balika Vadhu sets. "We still have 10 days
to go. Careerwise you have another show to do, but the
friends you make, the equations you share..I'll miss all
that."

'ENJOYED SHOOTING FOR MY WEDDING SEQUENCE THE
MOST'
Mahhi says that though she enjoyed every moment
shooting for the show, it's her wedding sequence that will be
etched in her memory forever. "Wedding sequence is the
most memorable. But I enjoyed shooting every moment of
the show. I have worn best of the saris, have looked my
best on the show."

'I'M THE KID ON THE SETS'
"On sets, people always told me that 'tu nahi aayegi to
mazaa nahi aayega'. I'm the livewire while shooting. I crack
jokes, I keep pulling everyone's leg. I'm one kid on the sets,"
she said.

PARTING NOTE
"I might have been associated with Balika Vadhu for only
three months, but I feel very proud to be part of an iconic
show," says Mahhi.
Here's wishing all the best to the last leading lady of Balika
Vadhu!

Got this above article so sharing it here...wasnt interested in making a separate topic out of it.

OT: TM tfs ๐Ÿ˜Š
Had by chance watched one episode of the show .Nothing good. The show is getting doomed bcoz all sorts of stereotyped plots took over it along with the fact that they had dragged it beyond limit while they could have given a happy & dignified ending to the show, with AnSh & JaGan happily ever after. There was no need of that 2015 leap at all...2016 leap was pure rubbish. Version 2 actors,the less said the better.

Pradeep Yadav is still directing this show.๐Ÿ˜†

Will remember this show for AnSh & Jagya - for their actors & characters both.

Looks like they changed the entire creative team twice in three months๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†
They kicked out the director and brought PY back and after that they kicked the writers' team which has taken over after PS and GK quit.
Till April 25th it was PS GK and RS after that it was new team set till a few days ago.When I heard Dsa was being brought back from land of dead I checked the credits again - it was a different set of writers.๐Ÿ˜›
May be they brought back PY for the same reason they brought back Dsa๐Ÿ˜†Sad but neither Dsa nor PY could save this ship wreck.

ahilajkula thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail

SidYusha is the best couple ever ... During SidYusha , BV was at the peak of popularity. Pratyusha Banarjee is actress which has left the biggest mark.

Pictures speak louder than words ...

Pratyusha dear, glory to you ... and thank you the ages of ages, amen!

Edited by ahilajkula - 8 years ago
731627 thumbnail
If balika vadhu ends then currently there is no other serial leftwhich iam interested to watch .if channel come up with other social issue serial then will watch .bv down fall start from that day when introduce useless and weak character shekhars .bv start lose most of viewers because of shekhars
1013962 thumbnail

Originally posted by: surabhi01

If balika vadhu ends then currently there is no other serial leftwhich iam interested to watch .if channel come up with other social issue serial then will watch .bv down fall start from that day when introduce useless and weak character shekhars .bv start lose most of viewers because of shekhars

- Really then how come during shiv anandi marriage trp was 5.8. You do not like some characters does not mean majority viewers also do not like. You have your personal views which are very biased. During the fluctuating days too, trp was high when Sanchi abused DS, her date rape, her marriage, Amol;s kidnap and Shivs bravery on 15th august and DB drug track. Trps were above 5.
Sekhars left the show in 2015 then why did not BV became no one again with the jhalara saga and jaitser saga. But to prove your point you may say BV was number one show in 2015.
Edited by Nandini30 - 8 years ago
1013962 thumbnail

Even after a decade Balika air its last episode, forum members will not move above individual preferences - Some BV stopped because of prat, shanky, sekhars coming in the show, anandi s second marriage, dadisa, anandi.

Basic fact is every product has a shelf life and if you do not replace that with new one you have to stop your business. Ambassador cars was a hit once, but hardly can be seen now. HM brought new brands, even Bnez and Apple replace their old products. After 5 years any show looses its radiance, so you have to something new which may catch the market.
Balika till 4 years had a flavor of its own- the kids struggling under marriage - anandi, shugna, phuli, asha, laxmi and not so much kid gehna. There were lot of characters whose story was unique in its own and every story was fresh.
Once Anandi and Jagya grow up their miya biwi khana pakana and shona was no spice, Gauri came and show got new life, Nice triangle was liked by people. That also too started dragging, TRP was 3.2. Makers had a foresight they brought some thing more new shiv, shiv anandi s story jagya s villain avtar brought nice numbers till March 2015. TRP was 5,8 in December/ Jan even it was 11 during shyam shugna marriage.
After March 15 - replacement happened and people moved out. Though I am not fan of any actor but this is a fact because numbers dipped. Then the track of sajaga could not do great wonders, but still the show was not out of life. Tracks like Jagya Ganga marriage, Ratan s attack, Sanchi s revenge, her rape , her marriage, amol kidnap, 15th aug attack, dadi bua drug drama appealed to some extent. Though Mannu s cancer, shyamal bhai, ganga kidnap, niranjan sa, palash, anup drama was nailing down the show.
Anandi s pregnancy brought back viewers some interest but the writers wanted to innovate with shiv s death and going back to basic. Because they were not happy with 2,5 trp they thought BV wll be more than 5 if anandi becomes a widow.
From March 15 to October 15, viewers tried because of the carrot when anandi will find nandini and to see how she manage the kids or how anandi punish akhi, how jagya ganga handle their family their teen kids. But what they got could not satisfy any fan. But as a matter of habit they watched, and some how the jahalara was a variation.
But after October it was a complete drag of increasing the episodes. And the new leap - NO COMMENTS - wrapping up the show is a great evidence.
1013962 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aparnauma

Looks like they changed the entire creative team twice in three months๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†
They kicked out the director and brought PY back and after that they kicked the writers' team which has taken over after PS and GK quit.
Till April 25th it was PS GK and RS after that it was new team set till a few days ago.When I heard Dsa was being brought back from land of dead I checked the credits again - it was a different set of writers.๐Ÿ˜›
May be they brought back PY for the same reason they brought back Dsa๐Ÿ˜†Sad but neither Dsa nor PY could save this ship wreck.

PY and team started work on 9th June 2016 and on 5th July they decided to wrap up. Do you really think they did not know on 9th June 2016 that the show will end. Channel decision does not move that fast (possibly).
Wonder why did he came back ? Dadisa was for only one scene, what wonders she can do, if DS would have done something, then she could have done before she died, she alone cannot do much.
jayshree1942 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I will always remember BV for shiv-anandi. Shiv- Anandi is best ever concept bv gave.
well there was no need to kill shiv and getting jhalara story. They could have ended show with shiv-anandi happy with there two kids and on the other hand jagya ganga with there family.