Ankita Lokhande to make her Bollywood debut with Sanjay Leela Bhansali

ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Ankita Lokhande to make her Bollywood debut with Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmavati?

Ankita Lokhande is reportedly in talks with Sanjay Leela Bhansali for a role in his upcoming historical drama, Padmavati

Wed, June 29, 2016 7:27pm IST by Urmimala Banerjee

Ankita Lokhande to make her Bollywood debut with Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmavati?
A little birdie has given us some details...

Fans of Ankita Lokhande will vouch that she is a good actress. The lady can dance nicely as well.However, she had been doing very little professionally ever since Pavitra Rishta went off air in 2014. Barring a small cameo in Kuch Toh Hai Tere Mere Darmiyaan, she did absolutely nothing. However, with her long-term relationship with Sushant Singh Rajput going kaput, the lady is refocusing on her career again.

She was spotted looking like a million bucks at the screening of Sarbjit and her Insta account shows us that she's got a new portfolio done. Now, a little birdie tells us that she is trying to get a role in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmavati. The gorgeous actress was spotted at the film-maker's office and had a long discussion. As we know, Padmavati is based on Chittor's legendary queen who committed Jauhar than risk her honour before Alauddin Khilji. Deepika Padukone is reportedly going to play the role of the brave queen who is immortalized in Rajput folklore. We don't know what will be Ankita's role but it will be a great break for her if everything works out fine. Earlier, there were stories of how she had impressed everyone at the auditions for Sultan but did not bag the film for other reasons.

It seems to be a golden phase for TV actresses. We got the news of Jennifer Winget being considered for a Zoya Akhtar film opposite Pakistani heart-throb Fawad Khan and also buzz of Mouni Roy doing a Bejoy Nambiar film. Not to forget Ankita was also in the running for Salman Khan's Sultan which ultimately went to Anushka Sharma.

Edited by MiniRulz - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SuSu ko bhi role chahiye, isko bhi role chahiye. Lagta hai dono ne baith ke decide karliya ke aaj competition ho hi jaye. 
Inquisitivesoul thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
 A second lead to deepu won't do her much good.

A bunch of girls doing a Zindagi na milegi dobara sorta movie is where she'd fit in well as one of the protagonists  and would stand out too.

Pari117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i wish she gets something good!!!
Afss_94 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
That's a great news happy for her. But I think she could go for a lead as debut na! Anyways will always support you Anki
-ajna- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail

Wish her well ! Good luck 
sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I hope it is true I always thought that she is a better actor than sushant.
KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
that's great... i want her to succeed and sushant singh to go down from here on...
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Gosh can Dp sign a solo film and a women centric film at that? Dp making me sad they can take Anita in lead role
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I hope not ðŸ¤¢ And I agree it's high time DP do a Women centric film.