Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nynaeve thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Cogito_Ergo_Sum

Please do 😊 I am very eager to know your conclusion. Though I do think one's opinion changes with time. The conclusion I would give now, is the opposite of the one I held with such conviction when I was...Ulp!!!...half the age I am now. πŸ˜‰

Love

Viji

I could not summon the energy to rewrite it in full, but what I give is the gist of what I wrote (why is that when I take a chance and write on the IF directly is the time that IF swallows it up😑😑

@bold above - That is true, even I might not have written what follows:πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

I had not read the story before and used the pretext of having a working lunch while I hunted it down and read it (much better that some stories we had in school, but I am sure that most of my friends will vehemently agree with the answer I give, sort of)

The story is about who we are and the choices we have to make.

The courtier had a choice: to make his own destiny by taking a chance OR to rely on his princess to find the answer. I am sure that neither of the options were very welcome to him, but he chose to trust her to choose for him and let her know that he would never ever hesitate to accept her choice. Death by tiger or condemned to life with a woman he does not love. He would only follow what she wanted him to do, he gave her the absolute power over his fate.

The princess is the one who has to choose, and either of the options are not pleasant. She has to watch him die or surrender him to another woman's arms, one whom she hates. And yet she is also of indomitable will and ample gold, so she does what none has done before, finds out who or what is behind each door. The question is what does she choose? What struck me here was the fact that she did what none had managed to do before, so what stops her from doing yet another thing that no one has done before?

I say the door with the lady...

but wait - the door does open to show the lady, who has been poisoned and is dying. (my reasoning being; the princess has already done what none have managed to do so before so this is not too difficult for her - this way, she has the courtier proved innocent and yet saves him from being married to the lady)

I wonder what the King would do - the door leading to the Lady symbolised innocence and freedom - so is the courtier not guilty of loving the princess or is it that his act of loving the princess is not a crime?

And I am sure I would have flunked the English paper, or maybe not. It would depend on the teacher, I guess.

Now your turn, what did you guess😊

Edited by Nynaeve - 7 years ago
Cogito_Ergo_Sum thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Nynaeve

I could not summon the energy to rewrite it in full, but what I give is the gist of what I wrote (why is that when I take a chance and write on the IF directly is the time that IF swallows it up😑😑

@bold above - That is true, even I might not have written what follows:πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

I had not read the story before and used the pretext of having a working lunch while I hunted it down and read it (much better that some stories we had in school, but I am sure that most of my friends will vehemently agree with the answer I give, sort of)

The story is about who we are and the choices we have to make.

The courtier had a choice: to make his own destiny by taking a chance OR to rely on his princess to find the answer. I am sure that neither of the options were very welcome to him, but he chose to trust her to choose for him and let her know that he would never ever hesitate to accept her choice. Death by tiger or condemned to life with a woman he does not love. He would only follow what she wanted him to do, he gave her the absolute power over his fate.

The princess is the one who has to choose, and either of the options are not pleasant. She has to watch him die or surrender him to another woman's arms, one whom she hates. And yet she is also of indomitable will and ample gold, so she does what none has done before, finds out who or what is behind each door. The question is what does she choose? What struck me here was the fact that she did what none had managed to do before, so what stops her from doing yet another thing that no one has done before?

I say the door with the lady...

but wait - the door does open to show the lady, who has been poisoned and is dying. (my reasoning being; the princess has already done what none have managed to do so before so this is not too difficult for her - this way, she has the courtier proved innocent and yet saves him from being married to the lady)

I wonder what the King would do - the door leading to the Lady symbolised innocence and freedom - so is the courtier not guilty of loving the princess or is it that his act of loving the princess is not a crime?

And I am sure I would have flunked the English paper, or maybe not. It would depend on the teacher, I guess.

Now your turn, what did you guess😊

Nynu...Aapke charan kahaan hai? πŸ˜‰ Aooow Gaaawd, I never ever thought of this alternative. Superb! Outstanding! Creative to the extreme, yaar, seriously. I think Frank Stockton would award you the cup for this story conclusion, pakka. 😊

My conclusion was nowhere so imaginative yaar. Acha BTW---there are hints in the story that the dude was flirting with the Lady, or at least, that the Princess suspected them of having, if not an actual affair, at least a mild flirtation.

The King is completely wacko, he does not trouble his mind with nuances and subtleties. Everyone, himself included, know that the courtier accused of the 'crime' of loving the Princess is actually 'guilty' of the 'crime'. Since neither he, nor she, nor anyone else ever thought of denying it. πŸ˜† So I guess, if the door concealing the Lady indeed opened, there would be a moral/ ethical conundrum if it were a King or an Empire, more given to philosophical interpretations of right versus wrong, justice versus punishment. But here...The King is as wacko as the elders in the Mentaleshwari and Gadhadia land. πŸ˜‰ He could not possibly say that the courtier loving the Princess of the Blood was not a crime...so I frankly give up, as to what he would conclude. πŸ˜†

But to come to the point of the conclusion----I had presumed that the Princess would direct him to open the Door leading to the Tiger, and then join him in his fate by leaping into the ring herself. Double meal for Stripey. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

As a 15 year old, I guess this doomed aspect of a fervent, possessive love kind of appealed to me, as being such an intensely ardent tale. 😳 The (hopefully) wiser...and (definitely) older me πŸ˜‰ 😳---feels that the Princess would have, after all, pointed out the door leading to the Lady. She would be torn apart from within, seeing the Love of her life marrying another---but at least she would have saved his life. Better to have Loved and Lost than not to have loved at all...and things to that effect. πŸ˜‰

BTW, don't you think that Lakshya could be the courtier, Ragini could be the Princess, and Swara the Lady? πŸ˜† 🀣 Swara wouldn't be poisoned yaar, definitely not. πŸ˜‰ But imagine the scene---Ragini either lets Lakshya open the Tiger's cage. 😲

Or, struck by generous impulse and a burst of selflessness, she points him to the door behind which Swara is standing, but when Lakshya opens the door-----he (and the rest of the Court), see Swara in a passionate smooch with Prince Sanskaar (The King's valiant son and Princess Ragini's elder bro). He declares that he has secretly married Swara already...and he would rather kill the tiger (and Lakshya...πŸ˜› 😈) than to let any harm befall his wife, the love of his life.

I think I can hear Franck Stockton weeping and wailing, right about now. πŸ˜† SwaRagini meets Lady and the Tiger! πŸ˜† 🀣

This is so much fun!! Nynu, we could think of starting a 'Book Club' thread here, reinterpreting plots and imagining SR characters therein. What say? πŸ˜‰

Loads of Love,

----Viji

StarySKY thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Dear Nynu ..πŸ€—
So this is the FF you were talking about ..
You mentioned it once in our discussion about memory loss times ago ..

Seems interesting .. πŸ˜‰
And as far I see you did so much effort in it ..

I know it going to be an amazing story ..

Waiting ..

Love
Khushi

P.S
Still I didn't understand the concept very well ( can't get the head or tail of it .. πŸ˜† ) .. but I blame my brain πŸ˜† I just came back from working 8 hours in the clinic that too while I am sick .. will read it again tomorrow as I have a day off ..
Nynaeve thumbnail

Nynu...Aapke charan kahaan hai? πŸ˜‰ Aooow Gaaawd, I never ever thought of this alternative. Superb! Outstanding! Creative to the extreme, yaar, seriously. I think Frank Stockton would award you the cup for this story conclusion, pakka. 😊

I am not sure about Frank Stockton, though I think my English teacher could be displeased, unless she had a sense of humour, let me think...nope she did not have, so she could have flunked me.

My conclusion was nowhere so imaginative yaar. Acha BTW---there are hints in the story that the dude was flirting with the Lady, or at least, that the Princess suspected them of having, if not an actual affair, at least a mild flirtation.

I did read that, which is why I felt the princess could go to the extreme step of poisoning the lady (even if "her" courtier flirted with the lady, the lady should have kept her hands off him😑😑)

The King is completely wacko, he does not trouble his mind with nuances and subtleties. Everyone, himself included, know that the courtier accused of the 'crime' of loving the Princess is actually 'guilty' of the 'crime'. Since neither he, nor she, nor anyone else ever thought of denying it. πŸ˜† So I guess, if the door concealing the Lady indeed opened, there would be a moral/ ethical conundrum if it were a King or an Empire, more given to philosophical interpretations of right versus wrong, justice versus punishment. But here...The King is as wacko as the elders in the Mentaleshwari and Gadhadia land. πŸ˜‰ He could not possibly say that the courtier loving the Princess of the Blood was not a crime...so I frankly give up, as to what he would conclude. πŸ˜†

True that, it would give him a severe headache (and Shekhar ghadhodia...apologies, Gadodia fits this role to a T - not the barbaric facet, the "i do not think /care' side

But to come to the point of the conclusion----I had presumed that the Princess would direct him to open the Door leading to the Tiger, and then join him in his fate by leaping into the ring herself. Double meal for Stripey. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

As a 15 year old, I guess this doomed aspect of a fervent, possessive love kind of appealed to me, as being such an intensely ardent tale. 😳 The (hopefully) wiser...and (definitely) older me πŸ˜‰ 😳---feels that the Princess would have, after all, pointed out the door leading to the Lady. She would be torn apart from within, seeing the Love of her life marrying another---but at least she would have saved his life. Better to have Loved and Lost than not to have loved at all...and things to that effect. πŸ˜‰

That is right, at fifteen the idea of "better to have loved and lost" would not appeal. The desperate act of dying with the one loved, even if it would be horrendous would definitely find favour.

BTW, don't you think that Lakshya could be the courtier, Ragini could be the Princess, and Swara the Lady? πŸ˜† 🀣 Swara wouldn't be poisoned yaar, definitely not. πŸ˜‰ But imagine the scene---Ragini either lets Lakshya open the Tiger's cage. 😲

Or, struck by generous impulse and a burst of selflessness, she points him to the door behind which Swara is standing, but when Lakshya opens the door-----he (and the rest of the Court), see Swara in a passionate smooch with Prince Sanskaar (The King's valiant son and Princess Ragini's elder bro). He declares that he has secretly married Swara already...and he would rather kill the tiger (and Lakshya...πŸ˜› 😈) than to let any harm befall his wife, the love of his life.

I think I can hear Franck Stockton weeping and wailing, right about now. πŸ˜† SwaRagini meets Lady and the Tiger! πŸ˜† 🀣

Frank Stockton would throw himself to the tiger. But then I could not resist this:

Ragini as the princess - "condemning" Laksh to his fate:

This is Courtier Laksh, praying that it is not a tiger that the princess is condemning him to:

And this is the scene that is happening the behind the door that leads to the lady:😳😳😳

And how can I forget the tiger, it is waiting for its meal, wondering what the whole commotion is all about:

This is so much fun!! Nynu, we could think of starting a 'Book Club' thread here, reinterpreting plots and imagining SR characters therein. What say? πŸ˜‰

It is indeed a great idea - we could have loads of fun😊😊😊

Loads of Love,

----Viji

Dear Viji,

Replied in blue above,

love,
Nyna
Nynaeve thumbnail

Originally posted by: StarySKY

Dear Nynu ..πŸ€—

So this is the FF you were talking about ..
You mentioned it once in our discussion about memory loss times ago ..

Seems interesting .. πŸ˜‰
And as far I see you did so much effort in it ..

I know it going to be an amazing story ..

Waiting ..

Love
Khushi

P.S
Still I didn't understand the concept very well ( can't get the head or tail of it .. πŸ˜† ) .. but I blame my brain πŸ˜† I just came back from working 8 hours in the clinic that too while I am sick .. will read it again tomorrow as I have a day off ..

Dear Khushi,

Yes, this is the one - I had a lot of time, I started this in April / May, so each time I ran into a block, I would read and ended with a huge pile of research😳

I hope you will like it.

Regarding the plot / concept - there are two - one is in the backdrop - a tiny thread running through the main story - that is of revenge for a crime committed almost two decades ago and which casts its shadows on the present- which is the SwaRagini leads and their siblings. The main story is of course about the FL who has ML - Chapter 1 will give the incidents from the start to near present, and the story with names / introduction would start from Chapter 2.
The mystery would never be a clear cut theme, but it would be like an undercurrent, sometimes sweeping the leads along and sometimes quietly flowing.

Do let me know if I have managed to confuse you more.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Take care of your health and work.

love,
Nyna
Cogito_Ergo_Sum thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
🀣🀣

Aooww Gaaawwwd this is too much. 🀣 My stomach...Aooww Gaaawwwd it's aching from laughing so much. What were those pics. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Now I seriously think we should post this amended SR version of the L&T πŸ˜‰ (with due apologies to Frank Stockton), with these pics to round off the conclusion. 🀣

Too good Nynu...God, I had such a sound belly laugh I almost sprained by tummy. πŸ˜†

The Lady and the Tiger had a sequel BTW. Not as entertaining as this one, but a pretty conundrum, nonetheless. Try reading that one too. πŸ˜‰

Loads of Love. ...and still giggling and grinning like a madcap. 🀣

Viji

Nynaeve thumbnail

🀣🀣

Aooww Gaaawwwd this is too much. 🀣 My stomach...Aooww Gaaawwwd it's aching from laughing so much. What were those pics. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Now I seriously think we should post this amended SR version of the L&T πŸ˜‰ (with due apologies to Frank Stockton), with these pics to round off the conclusion. 🀣

Too good Nynu...God, I had such a sound belly laugh I almost sprained by tummy. πŸ˜†

The Lady and the Tiger had a sequel BTW. Not as entertaining as this one, but a pretty conundrum, nonetheless. Try reading that one too. πŸ˜‰

Loads of Love. ...and still giggling and grinning like a madcap. 🀣

Viji

I am still laughing too - I just loved making those pictures🀣🀣🀣.

And I did read the next one - The Discourager of Hesitancy.

And seriously we should really start a thread, you remember the chain story idea we once thought of - it would not work for a serious piece of fiction, but for one where we know it is only for fun, it could be feasible.
Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8
Is that dev frim bangla movies????????
I have less than 9% charge left so BMing it for tom... Whatever you write is good obvi.

That blog you mentioned about GSW does that give tips about how to write crime scenes?

Resss
Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8
Oh and you used Revenge quotes... Emily is bae
Nynaeve thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Avengers.

Is that dev frim bangla movies????????

I have less than 9% charge left so BMing it for tom... Whatever you write is good obvi.

That blog you mentioned about GSW does that give tips about how to write crime scenes?

Resss

Yes it is he indeed, I do not know how famous he is, but that pic appealed so I used it.

Now that vote of confidence somehow makes me nervous.😳

That blog does not gives tips how to write crime scenes, it is more like collation of articles about forensics, postmortem, causes of death etc. But if you need medical help for a scene, you can write to him and he would reply. He did, for me.