Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nynaeve thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: krishuuu

Wow girl..
U give so much importance to minute details.😃..Black company is dark fantasy...its a story...im ok with it..you should read everything to gain something...but if u want to change the book series name ..the Malazan is good then...
Now tell me how is the progress going??? When are we getting update...😉

Talia, it is not that I do not enjoy reading dark fantasy, I can be practical about it and am aware that when it is dark fantasy it would involve a lot of gore / rape / plunder/ bloodshed, even the Malazan empire series is a dark fantasy - the first chapter itself has a few villages wiped out - mauled to death by hounds.

But what the reviews that found the black company books to be bad mentioned - was that POV was irritating (first person which is also not my personal favourite) and most importantly the language syntax - it reads more like a "to do list" (you know that one you would prepare in your head if you had to do a lot in a very short time and would go like this: - boil milk, put clothes in washing machine, make note to call the gas agency for replacement etc) it is good for your personal planning but not when you write a book series. There were tons of goods reviews too, but I usually read what people say is the worst, it is easy to read for the good points, but if I agree with what is bad, then it is a tough read. And believe me, I could not read the full of Chapter 1 itself.

In the Malazan series the complaints were too many characters introduced in the very beginning, too many deep POV (though in third person) and a slightly confusing people / culture / gods hierarchy. I agree with those yet in spite of that I managed to finish off around sixty pages in one day, which means I will continue to read. Hence the switch.

It is not needed, for I am not endorsing either of the series, and the switch makes it a classic Mary Sue syndrome symptom, but then I felt better replacing it😳

Progress - well I seem to be putting in more words as my self imposed deadline approaches😆😆 Hoping for either November 1 or November 6 (which is the anniversary of the date I joined😆) I also would prefer making a new thread for book #2 , I could fit it in the balance pages left in this thread even if I have four parts for each of the chapter and additional posts for all the other stuff I would not need more than 50 to 60 posts which would be around 6 to 7 pages, but somehow, I am tempted to have another thread

What say you?

Nyna
Edited by Nynaeve - 6 years ago
Nynaeve thumbnail

Nyna...

Razia is good at writing, so i asked her to write something...she had something in her mind...im just motivating her to post it soon...you also convince her to post...

Talia

Dear Razia,

I insist that you post your story - you write well, I can make it from the comments you post so do not hesitate. And we are all here to read your story, so please do post it soon, this forum really needs a shot in arm and the leg and the head😆

Nyna
raaz19 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Nynaeve

Dear Razia,

I insist that you post your story - you write well, I can make it from the comments you post so do not hesitate. And we are all here to read your story, so please do post it soon, this forum really needs a shot in arm and the leg and the head😆

Nyna

Omg you girls are really sweet...at the moment it is in draft in my diary...such a bookworm that I have no time to type...

But once I am done with this long audit job...will post a prologue...

Will need help with how to create a tread and all...you girls are amazing for the support...

But saying it already I am not as talent ad all you guys...

Thanks nyna and talia for the encouragement...

Over and out...by the way nyna god the story has moved ahead so much...I am on chapter three and I am lime omg...

Miss you all...

Razia
raaz19 thumbnail

Aww...you both are darlings...i love u girls

This is adorable miss the masti here so much 😛
raaz19 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nynaeve

Dear Razia,

I was thinking on your line - the world of numbers - so which profession / line are you from? I am quite well, though I am stuck in the first lines of chapter 1, quite a few bits are in place, just not sure of the start line and so I am going to focus a little on cleaning up this thread (putting in the new covers and taking care of the final typos that managed to creep in😡).

And regarding time for the covers, partly is also because I am still in the learning stage😳 The little one is growing up, which is why I cannot do any writing when he is awake, the moment I open the laptop he pounces on it, I think he almost "smells" the laptop opening😆😆

I still haunt this forum and with Saku giving us another magical journey to look forward too, this forum should sparkle.

love,
Nyna

I work for an accountant firm...In audit very long days but loving it...

As mum says it pays the bills...wonder why I chose finance...

Awesome saku Di rocks...

Nice to hear that the little one is ill on masti mode...They do grow up fast...my best friend she is having twins and I am like all the best. ...

Wow he love the laptop too...hehe...then he is going to give you hard run for it...especially when he will learn of all the games he can play 😛

Awesome news with book two take your time dear...Make sure you get plenty of rest...

Wow more covers cannot wait to see the creativity...super excited...

Wonder when lucky will be back missing her story and her presence too...and nita...

How have they been...

Speak soon...Over and out...

Hehe

Razia
Edited by raaz19 - 6 years ago
Nynaeve thumbnail
Omg you girls are really sweet...at the moment it is in draft in my diary...such a bookworm that I have no time to type...

But once I am done with this long audit job...will post a prologue...

Will need help with how to create a tread and all...you girls are amazing for the support...

But saying it already I am not as talent ad all you guys...

Thanks nyna and talia for the encouragement...

Over and out...by the way nyna god the story has moved ahead so much...I am on chapter three and I am lime omg...

Miss you all...

Razia

Keeping a draft in a diary is actually a well known technique practiced by writers and readers too, world over - it is known as "commonplacing" Do read it up in google (the search for commonplace book should lead you to quite a few detailed posts). It does make it easy to type it up. I too have a diary where I scribble all notes and ideas and dates and places etc. I so liked that idea of a commonplace book that I plan to consolidate all the scribbling into one neat diary😳

Ahh ... Audit - I too was in that profession till I decided to join the industry to preserve my sanity😆😆 so take it from me Audit is a never ending ever pending job.🤣

Making a thread is quite easy and we are here to help you out too, so looking forward to reading your story soon, that is the only thanks we need😳

Chapter 3, you have quite a bit of reading to do, the chapters start increasing in length too but do let me know how you find them

love,
Nyna
Nynaeve thumbnail

Originally posted by: raaz19

Request excepted :)

So when do you start, guess November should be good for the tax audit deadline is today.
Nynaeve thumbnail

Originally posted by: raaz19

I work for an accountant firm...In audit very long days but loving it...

As mum says it pays the bills...wonder why I chose finance...

Awesome saku Di rocks...

Nice to hear that the little one is ill on masti mode...They do grow up fast...my best friend she is having twins and I am like all the best. ...

Wow he love the laptop too...hehe...then he is going to give you hard run for it...especially when he will learn of all the games he can play 😛

Awesome news with book two take your time dear...Make sure you get plenty of rest...

Wow more covers cannot wait to see the creativity...super excited...

Wonder when lucky will be back missing her story and her presence too...and nita...

How have they been...

Speak soon...Over and out...

Hehe

Razia

As I mentioned in above reply, enjoy your audit work. It is fun and yes the hours are long, but after sometime it starts draining you out. It is too subjective a field, both your work and performance are dealt with in a subjective manner, that get difficult to deal with. And after the Satyam fiasco, the focus is much more on documentation and lesser on the actual audit.

Saku rocks, she did post the intro and as she said, would be back in December. Lucky is an occasional visitor, it is tough to be regular in two forums, especially when one is dead as this one and also where IF is ridiculous with double quotation marks. Nita no longer visits here though from what I got to understand she is not much regular in WP either (I miss her last story, she has not finished it here😭).

The little one is a full mode masti mood, though he is now not too enamoured with my laptop, I let him play a little and since he is not sure what to do with the locked screen, he just bangs the keys and asks me to play something else with him. We are trying to keep him away from computer games but once he starts going to school, he will learn about them. Twins - double the fun and treble the trouble😆

Book 2 - coming along, and will start posting soon.

love,
Nyna
Nynaeve thumbnail
Okay, updated the covers and the index too.

Book 2 - I am quite inclined to make a new thread though it would mean writing out a new intro etc. But then it is tempting, though I am running too close to my self imposed deadline.
Nynaeve thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.