Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nynaeve thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Hi, I noticed that this is your first post and your first day. Welcome to IF and SwaRagini Forum. I am quite thrilled that your very first post is on one of my thread posts.

Your user name is sort of cute, but I am hesitate to address you by that name. So could you share your name, if you do not mind or let me know how I address you.

Best,
Nyna

Nynaeve thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cogito_Ergo_Sum

[

Nynu---I've read and re read and soaked in Chapters 4 & 5. I am at a loss for words to praise the attention to detail and your vivid imagination for this completely out of canon plot.

I will be back for a more detailed revert later in the day, I really need to take some time to even do a smidgeon of justice to the background research you have put in, and the beautiful way you have woven the plot and the character interactions.

I can't resist impishly repeating one of my favorite stretches, though. ๐Ÿ˜‰ "Are you done checking me out? Shall I turn so you can check out my ..." ahem! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜ณ And the piece de resistance was this gem : "I have it on very good authority that it is quite nice". โ˜บ๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜ณ Ah well...Sunny boy always knew what his strengths and weaknesses were, no? Very clear sighted and down to earth. ๐Ÿ˜†

I have so much more to rave about, will be back soon. Once again, Nynu----I have heard so many times, writing being described as a labor of love. Each time I read your fics, I know precisely why it is called that. โค๏ธ

Lots of Love,

----Viji

Dear Viji,

Take all the time you want, I can understand how life gets hectic, same with me, though I hope that tomorrow being a Sunday might find me with a little leisure time. I am so far behind in updating Chapter 8 which also promises to turn out to be huge

That bit about Sunny was good, right - he does know his strengths and weaknesses๐Ÿ˜†

And as I have said before, I love reading your comments, you make me fall in love with my stories.

love,
Nyna

PS - will reply to the pm too๐Ÿ˜ณ
Nynaeve thumbnail
Author's Note
May 28, 2017

In Chapter 7, Part 2, I have mentioned a coffee shop - Terminal 11, which is an existing one in Block 11 of Salt Lake, Kolkata.

I had earlier used the name of above coffee shop in my chapters but subsequently, had a couple of misgivings, hence have edited the chapters to have the coffee shop to read as "Terminus 12"

Apologies for any inconvenience to my readers.

Best,
Nyna
Edited by Nynaeve - 7 years ago
Nynaeve thumbnail
Dear Friends and readers,

I have updated part 1 of chapter 8 on page 3, Post 7 and the link is below:

Continuing to adhere to my resolution, I will not be sending pms for this update too. I have hopefully manged to get the typos, but if there are any, please overlook the same. I will update the FnR in a while.

love,
Nyna
Nynaeve thumbnail

Originally posted by: lucky.m

mine๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿค—

Oh yes, for you and I just hopped over to the Bouquet of Seasons thread - and I just loved the banner. And as usual your texture usage - and me asking the same thing, how do you manage it?

Nynaeve thumbnail

Nita, a few words in the chapter just for you. Let me know if you like it.๐Ÿ˜ณ
lucky.m thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: lucky.m

mine๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿค—

Nynu...

So I took my time ... went through update peacefully ..and I loved it .I don't think readers mind to have other characters being established other than only swasan , when the tale is being woven with such precision.I didn't mind not having swasan here specifically because whether be it part of Swara Sanskaar or swasan ...it so nicely gelled and other characters and tale is intriguing enough to keep us engrossed so you don't have to worry at all

To Start of with .. house of cards siggy ..*sigh* ..I loved it ...the blending was so goodโญ๏ธ

Then the quote by Haraki Murakami ... your apt quotes juts add more depth to the update .his 'Kafka on Shore' had been on my list for long, Then Adarsh - Being elder always come with tag of being responsible and dotting to-parents every words I guess.. Young ones always have lineage and that rebellious streak which clearly stood in update and Adarsh's plight could be connected very well , but I am gald one way that lead him to rekindle his relation with pari ..It was a feel good part .๐Ÿ˜ณ.and I am sure Adarsh will take up Harsha's offer .๐Ÿ˜Š

When Arunima referred Swara as Maasi .. such a touching moment ๐Ÿ˜ญ..and thoughts of Swara around Sanskaar .all underlying currents could be felt .Laksh and Swara's equation gave such a warm and fuzzy feeling and 'baloo '๐Ÿ˜†, office part , good fun๐Ÿ˜†.I am sure Swara will fare well ..and that mention of sunny boys lashesโ˜บ๏ธ..God! How much I love him ..๐Ÿ˜ณ

Then Uttara .. Hmm birthday celebration , Rituraj..I am waiting for more threads to tied ..

over all and few to be loosened .Over all absolutely loved the update ..Super engaging

Love
Lucky
lucky.m thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Nynaeve

Oh yes, for you and I just hopped over to the Bouquet of Seasons thread - and I just loved the banner. And as usual your texture usage - and me asking the same thing, how do you manage it?

Nynu๐Ÿค—

From the time I hopped on to Desto's tutorial thread ..all thanks to you , I kinda become obsessed with textures ..and you know how crazy PS obsession can be ..I just want to work on textures always and I am still trying figure out which texture goes with what ..lot of experiments .. but one thing I noted is ..it all about blend modes and picking the right texture ..I will tell you an idea running in my mind,that might help

I want to make Siggy on balam pichkari song from YJHD .just one pic of deepika ranbir and focus on textures.. when I thought of textures ..my mind wandered around water colors textures, bright ones , color splash textures..since its holi song ...so just working out..once I make one will post in RR thread ..๐Ÿ˜ณ I think the colors of costumes and BG colors of pics we use ,also plays an role in picking right texture

In Bouquet of season ..I just used a single texture ๐Ÿ˜† .the clock one which I am obsessed with at this point (in center)..nothing else, Rest all individual pics and resized them to fit .. and a dash of psd's and adjustments .๐Ÿ˜Š

Ok I ranted a lot ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Anahita_Leve thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Res for chapter 8, P1Res for chapter 8, P1

Nynu dearest,
Like you I'm on a mission to decrease the bundle of res. Well at least a couple of them. ๐Ÿ˜Š

MEPL logo, the half sun rising above all, is another relic of Maheshwari's pride. What they don't know, half sun can denote the beginning of the end of the day, that is, the sunset. With Adarsh leaving the camp it has started I think.

Adarsh's character intrigued me. A guy buried under a mountain of expectations, was caged and never dared to fly. But Harsha's conspiracy give him the needed reality check. Adarsh and Parineeta also found the proper meaning of companionship through this event. So Swaha's (I'm almost sure) stunt was a blessing in disguise for them.

Swara has found a new life in her office. She got a really interesting set of colleagues... Baloo... that nick name really makes me chuckle every time.

Arunima's delivery... There were some really heartwarming moments... Swara feeling outcast and latter her happiness when she was termed "Maasi"... Sanskar's satisfaction thinking Swara depended on him the most, then disappointmentioned and jealousy for Swara called Laksh before him...

It was one hell of a chapter. โค๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜ณ Hope to unres the next one really soon. ๐Ÿ˜Š Truly have been in awe with your Magnum Opus so far.

Love,
Dyuti

Edited by iamreader - 7 years ago
Nynaeve thumbnail
Dear Lucky,

Read your comment and only one thing caught my attention - that you loved the blending. And now I am quite convinced that I am good at PS (the delusional me๐Ÿคช). I cannot wait to see the results of your idea.

And regarding the selection of the textures keeping in mind the costumes and background colours is very correct. And as you said, it is all about the blend mode though I am now experimenting with the styles too (I love some readymade styles which I use for the fonts - the results are lovely with very little effort๐Ÿ˜ณ)

The clock texture, I was about to comment, it is the same /similar one you used for your latest creations - right?

I made one from scratch and it is currently lying in by "trial and error" folder (DO NOT LAUGH - I really have a folder named that which has two folders again - PSD and Jpeg files which again have folders for each story / post that I make.) Maybe if time permits and I feel confident I shall post it in the RR thread.

Now off to read your comment once again and then will reply to that.

love,
Nyna