Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nynaeve thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: dreamy.tiara

Well, I am following another show.. But that does not mean that I would give up on my first forum and wonderful people I met here..😊 Actually, I have joined a job after completing my studies, so all this keeping me more busy than I would like to be...

Congratulations and welcome to the professional world - where you learn that everything you did till now was absolutely useless and completely enjoyable.πŸ˜‰ That is life.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Well, I neither have the time nor the inclination to follow another show, I cannot risk the emotional investment it needs not to mention the drain on my heart. As of now, I do not think I can ever write on any other couple, so maybe I shall simply shift to complete fiction.

Yes, I actually look forward to the details, footnotes and references as much as I look forward to the updates.😳😊

And I shall keep researching and updating my FnR😊

Now, don't get me started on list of things/tracks CVs ruined. It doubt it would endπŸ˜†... I too had one weird, ideaduring the memory loss track - what if Swara lost her memory and became Ragini..😲... Then I imagined what furore it could bring in the forum and kept the idea to myself πŸ˜†

Words are not enough to describe how spectacularly the CVs ruined the show. But your idea is brilliant, do take a chance and write it out - keep it short if you are unsure and then once the response is good you can continue. And maybe the forum will come alive, if it does not then, at least we have a peaceful time reading your story.

I agree absolutely with you.πŸ‘πŸΌ

Sanskar is a smart guy. I don't think in my case, suit would be a requirement for drooling πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†. I don't know, is it just me?πŸ˜•πŸ˜†

Sanskaar - it would simply up the drool quotient (remember him in the black suit during the Malkin drama - admit it - it just made him smoky hot

Will patiently wait for the cat to be out of the bag. Till then I'll keep guessing.

You would be needing quite a bit of patience, as of now given the way the I have set out the structure, I plan the grand reveal (overlooking any reader who has guessed it) only in Chapter 17 or 18.😈

Thank You NynaπŸ€—

Replied above in Pink😊

And I have replied in black😊
Edited by Nynaeve - 7 years ago
Nynaeve thumbnail

Originally posted by: krishuuu

Nyna dear...

My heart felt apologies..im very late...super busy in personal life...cant help it...sorry...

Coming straight to update sweetheart ..it was outclass brilliant...i just enjoyed the pace n rhythm of story line...nearly one year is passed...lots of things happened which kept me all intrigued and captivated...no such progress on kavita murder mystery...but soon someone will found out something...i hope...
Swasan on other hand unknowingly and unintentionally grown fond of each other..swara had sort of crush on sanky...she had accepted him as friend or more...i just love their easy going relationship...no fake talk...just pure n genuine concern...convos...

Im going to be quick...thank u and love u for your efforts baby...muahhh...you all girls keep swasan essence alive and fresh...kisses...i will try to be regular now...muahhh

Update next soon..plzzz

Love n hugs
Talia

Talia Sweetheart,

Never apologise for delays, I count you as a regular reader (you have been on this thread even before the story was posted😳)

Good to know you enjoyed the pace - I have to be careful about it - after all, I have to actually cover almost five years (in about twenty chapters) - so the period would vary from chapter to chapter.
Swara is growing fond of him and she does not have any inhibitions. Sanskaar, however, comes with baggage - he does not want to think about anything but find out about Kavita's killer, which is turning to be difficult as nobody seems interested except for a very frustrated Sudhir. And he will continue to be quite frustrated till the twist...πŸ˜†

I feel that the credit to keeping SwaSan alive is more on account of you as a reader, for however, much I want to think that it makes no difference if no one reads, that is a lie. I am thrilled when you read, like and comment. So if SwaSan is alive, it is because of you readers.πŸ€—

I want to promise to be regular, but work, time and my cuddle monster (my eleven month old nephew❀️) make it difficult to do so.

lots of love,
Nyna
DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nynaeve

And I shall keep researching and updating my FnR😊

πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Words are not enough to describe how spectacularly the CVs ruined the show. But your idea is brilliant, do take a chance and write it out - keep it short if you are unsure and then once the response is good you can continue. And maybe the forum will come alive, if it does not then, at least we have a peaceful time reading your story.

Well, I am not sure about writing it out πŸ˜•.. I don't think I can write fictions. But if you want to write something along the lines, I would be very happy! πŸ‘πŸΌ

You would be needing quite a bit of patience, as of now given the way the I have set out the structure, I plan the grand reveal (overlooking any reader who has guessed it) only in Chapter 17 or 18.😈

Chapter 17 or 18!! 😲... Okay, I am willing to wait πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š

Replied above in Pink 😊
Nynaeve thumbnail

Originally posted by: dreamy.tiara

Well, I am not sure about writing it out πŸ˜•.. I don't think I can write fictions. But if you want to write something along the lines, I would be very happy! πŸ‘πŸΌ

Dear Tia,

I might not write it out but then in case you have not already done so, do read Suku (@Sakura24) SS - Sailing the Styx. I cannot give away much of the suspense but...

love,
Nyna
Nynaeve thumbnail
April 09, 2017

Authors' Note

This is a note of apology to all my readers, however few they might be. It has been more than three weeks since I last updated and I have not even reached a stage where I can confidently state that I shall update in the next few days.

I apologise for the slow pace of the updates, which as one reader so nicely put it, kills the suspense factor. I could write a number of reasons but in the end I felt they only sound like excuses. So I shall simply write out my confusion.

When I started this story in April last year, it was a vague idea that kept bouncing in my head. Today a year later, after only six chapters completed, and fourteen pending to be done the idea and story line are still haunting me. I start posting when I had, what I thought, was a reasonably decent draft. Only when I actually posted the first two chapters, did I realise the mammoth task I had, the story I envisage runs over twenty five years, and present would cover five years and there were around more than a dozen characters. There were to many threads that I had started weaving in and could not leave them hanging loose. That started putting pressure on me.

It was only when I posted a new OS, a couple of days back which took me less than two days to finish (around 5000 words) from concept to finish, including the banner, that I finally realised something. If I could take two days for an OS of 5000 words, where not a single word had been penned before, why did it take me so long to update a chapter? Even if it is more than 10,000 words, as a draft was already in place it should take me a maximum of a week. Why am I struggling so much?

And in that question I found I my answer - it was taking time because I was struggling and since I struggled I had to exert extra effort, which meant that my writing was no longer smooth. I also realised that a large part of this struggle were my own expectations.

I put in a lot of research and work into this story, convinced that this would be my magnum opus (that should give you an idea of my egoistic thinking) and now it is turning out to be my swan song. I put in long hours, polishing and smoothing each chapter and would post it with great expectations. I would wake up after posting, too exhausted to immediately start the next chapter and quite disappointed with what I felt was a poor response. Those were the days when I could not even put a single word to paper and felt like giving it up.

Today when I realised where I went wrong, I make a few resolutions.

I will write this story out but will not pressurise myself.

I will not wait to complete the whole chapter for when I start on a chapter, the first few paragraphs itself give me an idea as to how long it would be, if I know that it will cross the 10,000 words mark and I have to split the chapter into two posts, I shall post the first part as soon as I finish it. After all the strict division into chapters is my personal fetish not a necessity of the story.

I will not be sending any pms for any updates. There are a few reasons, the primary one being, I set too many expectations which is unfair to both the readers and myself. I have learnt that half of my silent readers are not even on my pm list and most of my loving readers who do read and comment, do not even wait / open the pms. That means that the pms I sent only clutter the inboxes.

I will be prompt and quick in responding to my readers' comments. This another bad habit of mine, procrastinating on replies, if I have time to read them and I keep repeating that I love reading my readers' comments, the least I can do is show them, which is by promptly replying to their comments. Every one of us has a real life and real time commitments, so I shall no longer say I am busy or preoccupied to reply.

I will not give up on either this story or myself. It is because I chanced on this quote which touched me with its simple yet profound message "Magic happens when you do not give up even though you want to. The Universe always falls in love with a stubborn heart" I want to see the magic, and no, it is not waking up one day to find that the entire fandom has suddenly discovered this attempt of mine at a novel and decided to grace my thread, with over hundreds of likes and the pages flooded with comments. It would be nice ( a bland understatement, it would me have be doing a very long Red Indian dance, whooping in joy) but being realistic, that is not the magic I seek. I want to wake up one day finding that I have finally completed the tale, in my time and in my way, a story which did justice to the ideas I had and is what I wanted to tell.

I will finish this tale. This is a promise to myself, to the readers who have been with me since the beginning, to those who have left in between and to those future ones who might join me at a later date. I hope to see at least some of you at the end.

And thank you for reading my story so far and this long winding note of apology.

Nyna
Edited by Nynaeve - 7 years ago
Anahita_Leve thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Dear Nyna,

I have a few words to say regarding your Author's Note. I think you're thinking too much, and taking too much pressure. FM is definitely a magnum opus... For I haven't yet seen so much hard works done for an IF fiction. Even if you had given us 6 chapters within a span of almost a year... I think we shouldn't complain. I write a very simple thriller, an ant cimparted to your mammoth project. But still I have a hard time for those few tiny details which may not be noticed by readers at all! And yours is... well I can't imagine myself writing something like this...ever!

Don't beat yourself too much... Best of the jewels need time to be mined out and get polished... I'm sure forgotten memories will be a unforgettable and memorable journey for us.
Love,
Dyuti
Edited by iamreader - 7 years ago
Rumadiv thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Dear Nyna,

After reading the authors note can understand how much you are stressing your self. Relax and its nice to hear that you are determined to complete the story even it gets delayed. Am appreciating your determination and confidence. Regarding pm dont worry its people who act according to the situation. Don't feel you are getting less comments but think about the people who commented and waiting for your further update even it take time. They are your fans.

Don't let others decide your mood. You decide your self. Its your hardwork which will give you the best fruit. Keep writing and dont stress too much.

PS: If i had said anything hurted you ... Am sorry and forgive me.

With love,
Divya :-)
Nupur_5 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Nynu, I think you are stressing yourself too much! Don't take pressure, just be calm and write! And then share!

I myself could not read the last 3 chapters bcoz I was out of town but I'm going to read in coming days! So though late update can be bad but not too bad! If we readers can take our own time to read then writer also deserve their own time!

We all should be patient - be it we the readers or you the writer!

Love,
~ Nupur
phoenix27 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hey Nyna,

I don't know how many time I have commented on your story and I can't apologize enough for not being able to comment frequently. But let me tell you this story of yours is really one of the best stories I have ever come across. I can see how stressed you are, give the fact that you have to do so much research for each chapter. Don't stress yourself, Dear. Do it the way you wish it to be it's already your Magnum opus in my eyes it's brilliant. The level of hard work you have put together for this story is absolutely visible in every chapter of the story.

I know it feels bad when you don't get desired response but dear it has nothing to do with your story, your story is as good as it could have been. it just that there a people like me who forget to comment :(😭

With Lots of love

Ria
lucky.m thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
NynuπŸ€—
Don't beat yourself up .. you already know my thoughts posted on RR thread .My biggest learnings while writing .. Expectations lead to disappointment( I had my share ) and pressurizing ourselves to sit and write leads to nothing ..but an update not our best ..

I know we feel obliged towards readers and completion of story ,.. but you come first , not IF , Not reader , nor stories .. so chill bangaram .

Love
Lucky

PS; BTW I found an awesome technique for making Polaroid style pics in CS .. its so damn simple. Looking for a post to share , kaani screen shots teese opika ledu or will PM you 😳