I want d next part asap

Agent A 😎

I'm working on it Komal 😳
Tranquility123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: MaliciousAngel

A few hours back πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

BRO I LOVE WHEN STORIES INCORPORATE ISHAAN!
This was so adorable and hilarious, I'm really enjoying where this is heading πŸ˜†
Update soon bruh !
FoodSmuggler thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Tranquility123

BRO I LOVE WHEN STORIES INCORPORATE ISHAAN!
This was so adorable and hilarious, I'm really enjoying where this is heading πŸ˜†
Update soon bruh !

Thank you Nemo. Ishaan is simply the cutest lil thing.
Well i have the next update ready but i am kinda lazy to post it now
Will post it tomorrow morning or evening cos i'll be sleeping throughout the day πŸ˜†
FoodSmuggler thumbnail
So, look who's back with the next chapter? I have to warn you though, this one's really long. No kidding, its super long. Also I'm not sure whether it's up to the mark but K liked it when I sent her this for proofreading. Yesh! I'm making her work πŸ˜†
I hope you like this though. Happy reading 😳

Chapter 2 : Wait You're My Date?!

Twinkle couldn't believe her ears when her mom told her about the date with the Sarna kid. She knew her mom was keen on getting her married off but she never expected her to set her up with some random guy. Suddenly the acoustics in the Taneja residence changed.

"Maa, I am not going on a date with some stranger" Twinkle said affirmatively

"Why won't you? He is a nice guy and is one of the most eligible bachelors in town" Leela replied, trying to entice her daughter. " I met his dad over at a business conference and turns out they just moved to the city from London." She added, hoping that this piece of information would work in her favor.

"How could you set me up without telling me first? It's not done Maa" she insisted.

"I had no other option. Any guy who knows you won't be ready to do such a daredevil stunt. You've successfully managed to singlehandedly scare away half the male population of the city."

"I don't want to settle down now. That's not what I am looking for." Twinkle said pleadingly

"You can do all of what you want even after marriage Puttar, I'm getting old. Your father and I want you and Mahi to be happily settled in life before our eyes shut. Are we asking for too much?" Leela was tearing up a little. "Am I not to expect a little in return for all the love I've given you?"

"Uh-Oh" Twinkle gasped. She knew where this conversation was headed and she didn't like it. Her mom had just used the universal wepon of parents all around the globe. The-this-is-what-we-get-in-return-of-all-our-love card. This was not going to end well for her.
"Why didn't I see this coming?" Twinkle groaned and threw her hands up in the air in exasperation.

"Fine Maa, I'll go out for lunch with this guy of yours." She finally gave in.

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid and scare him off" Leela demanded

"Maa!"

"Twinkle! If I come to know that you purposely messed this lunch up, you're going to be in big trouble" Leela said rather dramatically

"I feel like I'm going to the principal's office rather than a date." Twinkle sulked

"Be on your best behavior otherwise I won't be talking to you. Ever." Leela's tone bore a silent threat

"Okay fine, I promise to not scare this guy off."

"It's settled then, You're going on this date." Leela's voice echoed in Twinkle's ears.

"It's surprising how parents always threaten to use the silent treatment" Twinkle thought. "It's just a lunch, I'm sure that Sarna guy won't like me anyway."

"Kunj will be here to pick you up by 1 pm tomorrow." Leela informed

"Kunj, hmm, nice name." Twinkle thought. "Wait, what are you doing? don't go about thinking of this as an actual date, you're just doing this to get Maa off your case." She reminded herself.

-||-

It was finally D-day and Twinkle and Kunj had no option but to meet. To say that the previous night had been a really long on for them wouldn't be untrue. They kept tossing and turning all night long in their reapective homes, envisioning how their blind date would turn out. If they were to be granted three wishes, their first one would be definitely to get out of this date. Sadly, they were yet to find a magic lamp.

Kunj's POV

I cannot believe that I'm doing this. In less than an hour, I'll be at lunch with a stranger. What was I thinking? Is is too late to call in sick? I think I'm coming down with the flu. My temperature seems to be high too. Will Maa buy it, if I tell her this?

"Kunj! You're not seven, think of something better. THINK!"
Just then Usha walked in with a fresh load of laundry. She looked over only to find Kunj, sulking on his bed. That was enough to tell her what was cooking in his mind.

"You're not going to bail on this date" She said

Only then did Kunj realise her presence in the room. "How did you know that? Not that such a thought ever crossed my mind." He gazed as she came towards him.

"I am your mother. Now go get dressed. It's rude to keep a lady waiting." She odered but sensed his discomfort.

"Kunj it's just a date, no pressure on you from our side." She quickly added while folding his clothes.

"I know Maa. It's just that, I don't know.. It's complicated."

"Just meet with her once, if you feel she isn't the one then we won't speak of this again. Now go get ready" Usha insisted

"Okay Maa."

-||-

A while later

Feeling more nervous than he had ever felt before, Kunj checked his reflection in the mirror. Well, everything seemed okay. He glanced down at himself, making sure that his suit and tie were all straightened out. Once he was sure that everything was in order, he made the unusually long wait for the clock to strike one.

Kunj' POV

12:50 pm - Why doesn't the clock strike 1 already. Wait, will I seem too desperate If I go a little early? Will that give away an impression that I'm into this thing? Will the Taneja's read too much into it?

12:51 pm - Whaaat?? It has been just a minute? I'd die sooner than anticipated because of all this waiting. The sooner the date starts, the sooner it will end. You want that now, don't you Kunj? Yes you do.
Or maybe the clock is broken. It has to have been more than a minute. Why am I so worried? Breathe Kunj, just a date.

12.55 pm - It's time, it's time. I should have gone with the being sick gig. Well there is only one thing to do now, go on the date and get it over with.
Here I come Miss Taneja, let's see what you've got.

-||-

Twinkle's POV

What the hell? Why does Maa always do this, she brings home a guy every alternate day, okay that's a little exaggerated but not the point. I can't go on a date with some random guy. Also, I have promised I won't scare him off. What on earth will I possibly do to get out of this one? Babaji, now would be a great time for some assistance.

"Twinkle? Twinkle Puttar!?" Leela hollered

"In here Maa." She replied

Leela walked into the room only to find her daughter lying on the bed, her face half covered with a pillow and her eyebrows furrowed in worry.

"Twinkle, What's troubling you?" Leela asked, sitting down by her side

"Nothing" came the reply

"If it's the date then don't worry, I am just asking you to meet with him. No pressure. You father and I are completely okay if this doesn't work out."

"But Maa, I don't know him. How can I just go out with him and I don't want to get married" she said nonchalantly

"You are not going to be married off this soon, And Puttar, this is how you meet people. Get to know him over lunch. He is a very nice boy, you both will hit it off."

"I don't know Maa..." Twinkle said meekly

"Get up, go on the date and decide later. He'll be here anytime now." Leela said tugging her a little

"Okay fine Maa. But, mind you, I'm meeting him just because you want me to."

"Thank you for that, and wear that red dress of yours. You look good in it." Leela mouthed. She got up and made her way to the door, " And before you ask me, it's right there in that cupboard" she said pointing towards her wardrobe

Twinkle's POV

12:30 pm : Well, since it's certain that this date is happening, I might as well freshen up and put some make up on. I knew I shouldn't have agreed to this in the first place. What if that guy is crazy? What if he is a serial killer? Okay hold your horses Twinkle, he can't be a serial killer. Mom said he is from a well to do family right? Serial killer canclled.

12:40 pm : This red dress does look good on me. Wait, Twinkle move past how good you look no matter how tough it is. You've got bigger issues, and date with Mr Kunj Sarna tops the list. May be he won't like me. Oh well, who am I kidding? I look amazing in this dress, he has to like me. No! Wait, he cant like me, should I change?
Maybe he is being forced into this too? That can be our common ground to start from.

12:55 pm : Pull yourself together Twinkle Taneja. You can do this. Just breathe.

-||-

Just then the doorbell rang and Twinkle almost choked on air.

Taking a few deep breathes, Kunj waited for the door to open.

"Hello Puttar, come in" Leela ushered Kunj in with a big smile on her face

" Namaste Aunty" Kunj said, bending down to touch her feet.
"Where is she? Is she not here? Am I going to get stood up?" Kunj wondered

"Twinkle! Kunj is here." Leela shouted

"Man, she can shout" Kunj thought

Kunj was glancing around the fancy item in the house when Twinkle walked in. Seeing her gave him the shock of his life. Twinkle's eyes threatened to pop out of it's sockets on seeing the man in front of her.

"You're Twinkle?!" He asked, still in shock

"You're Kunj?!" She almost screamed a little

"Wait, you're my date?!" He interjected

"Oh dear lord, please no! Not you again!" Twinkle exasperated

-||-

A few weeks back

Steering a trolley haphazardly loaded with four suitcases, Kunj Sarna navigated his way around the Amritsar airport, trying to find his way to the exit. He paused, looking around him to find his bearings. How was he supposed to find the exit when he had no idea where he was? Sighing in frustration (and silently cursing his luck), Kunj put his sunglasses back on and moved on, determined to find his way around. He left his trolley by his side and decided to take a note of where he was.
He decided to call up his mom and inform her of his arrival and maybe ask her for directions. While he was busy on the phone, Kunj failed to notice the girl comming towards him with a trolley and she ran her trolley into him.

-||-

"Yes Maa, the plane has just landed" Kunj said into his cell phone. "No Maa, you don't need to trouble Anand Bhaiyya, I'll come on my own. No! Maa, listen to me, don't trouble dad, I'll find my way around. I promise. Relax."
Flying around the world wasn't so bad, but coming home was the worst part: he called home the minute he landed, and he was always reminded of how much he had missed being at home.

So engrossed was he in his phone call that Kunj didn't see the girl with the trolley coming straight at him. If he had, perhaps he could have avoided the collision.
Instead, the trolley collided into him, sending him sprawling on the floor, his cell phone flying off in the other direction.

-||-

Twinkle stared in horror at the man on the floor. "Oh, shit, please let him be fine!" She hurried over to him just as he sat up. "Oh, god, I'm so sorry," she apologized. "Are you okay?"

"Do I look okay to you?" the man replied, angry. "Can't you see? Maybe if you get rid off those giant sunglasses, you'd have better vision "

Twinkle stood up, indignant. "I apolosgised right? What else am I to do? FYI, you could have avoided the collision if you had not been glued to your phone. You yourself are at fault and you're going about, blaming me? Wow. What class."

He stood up. He was way taller than her ( even in her Manolo Blahniks, of course) if she wasn't so annoyed at him, she might have found him attractive.

"Oh, hello Miss Amritsar, you are at fault for wearing such giant sunglasses. Which by the way don't match with your outfit. And what are you even wearing? " he pointed out

Twinkle stared at him, aghast. The last person who had insulted her dress sense had ended up with fuchsia hair. " You think of yourself as Tim Gunn?" she asked, digging her manicured nails into her palms and cursing her luck more and more every minute.

"And you're obviously Tyra Banks right?"

Twinkle had had enough. "Whatever!." She returned to her trolley, fuming as she left.

"Real nice comeback," he shot back.
She shot a death glare his way, then, with a toss of her head, she left the area. A cartoonist could have drawn her with smoke coming out of her ears, and they wouldn't have been wrong.

-||-

Back to the present

"I hope you enjoy yourselves! Go have fun on your date" Leela announced

"You've got to be kidding me" Kunj complained

"This can't be happening to me" Twinkle gasped

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

piu22 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
A funny interesting piece of work.. Plz do update soonπŸ˜†
Edited by piu22 - 8 years ago
FoodSmuggler thumbnail

Originally posted by: piu22

A funny interesting piece of work.. Plz do update soonπŸ˜†

Thank you 😳
neverlandspirit thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Yup it was long and yup I LOVED IT!!
Dude this was amazing!
There was so much subtlety and yet everything was so clear!
I love your writing style!πŸ‘πŸ‘
The characterization and the story flow is brilliant!

Amazing amazing AMAZING!
Edited by neverlandspirit - 8 years ago
amlavs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Nice..I enjoyed it..
Its quite funny...but i loved it..
Excited to see Wats gonna happen next..
Plz continue soon..
Komal1298 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Dis looks so interesting Agent A..
I am so super excited...
Agent Ko is waiting for the next part.. hope soonish!
Nd thnxx fr d pm dear..
Amazing πŸ‘πŸΌ
livelovelaughh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Aich ! I loved the twist !! Please update soon :D