Updated: Did anybody noticed?

maazkalim thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Hello Everyone! Ever since the drama of playing with schedules of 'Parvarrish' started, it has been witnessed SET experimenting with several strategies which may be construed as their attempts to calm down a "fan"'s/viewer's ire. Since last week (if not earlier), they started re-posting spoilers for the show which they weren't supposed to "till eternity" 😉 (okay, no joke, I actually meant "indefinite period of time"). 😆 And now, since this week [excluding Monday]*, they ditched their USP which is unsurprisingly viewed as "stupid" by viewers. And that is, "no precaps in repeats" [so that most people watch shows in prime-time just for the sake of precaps]...!!! While they were earlier noticed "mistakenly" showing precaps for any random show on any random day for "one-repeat airing at a time" (I'm not sure about SD feed [for now], but it was definitely a recurring case for HD feed).
*Since due to the change in our viewing patterns this week, I don't know about other 3 days but I'm sure about today. I viewed precaps at the end of episodes of 'SMH', 'Parvarrish' & 'Suryaputra Karn'. Can't say anything about rest of 2 "contemporary" shows viz. 'KRPKAB' & 'EDKV' due to the same electricity issue. But one thing more, the precap of our show was in full-screen [same presentation format as "Kahaani Ab Tak" and "Aaj Dekhiye" ("coincidentally", same words for the precap at the beginning of an episode in place of "KAT" ([episodic] recap)].

And also, the listed name of the show has been changed to full [name of 'Season 1'] i.e. 'Parvarrish - Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi[sic]' in some of [well-distributed] EPGs. 😊

What's more?? They have stopped "pasting" thumb-nails on its videos on YouTube since this week! But before anyone tries to reach the conclusion that they have lost "interest" in this show that's why such laziness.?? Well, then let me clarify here that they have done so with every other weekday show for either once or more than once this week viz. 'KRPKAB', 'EDKV', 'SMH' and even non-fiction shows viz. 'Mann Mein Vishwaas Hai' (a reboot of 'Man Mein Hai Visshwas') and 'Crime Patrol Dial 100'. That being said, same treatment with all shows except 'Suryaputra Karn' so does that means future of all shows are hanging with A BIG question mark?? When the reality says exactly opposite that 'Suryaputra Karn' is destined (read 'confirmed') to end very soon as we all know mythology, so once Warrior Karn is "martyred", there will not be any reasonable scope left for the show. And yes, I got to learn one thing more by digging in their YouTube and it's.., the least possible attempt they're making to promote our show is they've added the banner of our show in the subscription request narration segment (plays at the end of each video). But the even "special" thing is that they added it in a special video featuring one of KRPKAB's latest songs uploaded very recently. 😊 (While I usually don't care to watch videos of other shows except our very own show unless needed/wanted to occasionally so I don't know whether they've already did with other videos of other shows, too. But at least their this effort is noticeable, if not appreciable. "At least" they've decided to "slay" their laziness a bit for our show. 😆)

So what say? Is Sony TV playing "compensation-game" to tackle the online backlash given such "playful" treatment with the show and latest buzz about the fate of the show?? 🤔
Edited by maazkalim - 8 years ago