Johnny Depp-Amber Heard: Any Thoughts?

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I know it's a BW forum, but I still wanted to discuss abuse and stardom and instant vilification. B/c BW is just as big as HW with just as many scandals, male dominance, where silencing of women happens, their character is skewed so much by the press and PRs. Plus, it sort of reminds  me of all the HR-KR drama that's happened in the past few months. And how people instantly picked who they wanted to support.
I really like JD so it came as a shock to me when I heard this news. And I usually always support the woman b/c it takes a lot of guts to come and say that you've been abused. Plus, society is never kind to women when the male they accuse is well-admired.
So the evidence is really conflicting. And some of it is outright shady. Like her timing. Wanting 53K/month for alimony. The bruise disappearing in 24 hours. Security guards and policemen going against her testimony. Him being low key doesn't help although his mom died less than a week ago so I see why. Plus, all the support from his exes and daughter aka a lot of other women. Of late, there have been many male figures in HW that have done unspeakable things to women so one more isn't a surprise. But what if he didn't?

But then again, her net worth is nearly $5 million so I wouldn't call her a liar or goal digger. She's worked on films despite being married. And honestly, domestic abuse doesn't happen in patterns. Just b/c he doesn't have a history doesn't mean he didn't do it. Plus, I think there have been cases of late where we're used to idolizing the man so much that we (mainly HW) ignores what they did (Examples: Allen, Cosby, Polaski, etc.) HW as an institution (and BW too) is more forgiven towards males than females. Also, I think Gone Girl is still fresh on pop culture and some people's mind.

The thing that was more surprising was how quick everyone jumps on side. We haven't heard both sides or seen all the evidence just parts. But there's a more bunch that automatically support the woman and blame HW, PR gimmicks, JD's star power for tearing apart AH's character. And then there's everyone on ship JD b/c they love him or like his movies and can't separate the guy from the star and accuse the woman of blackmailing, manipulating, scheming, etc. There's also a small minority that choose to wait before accusing either one. I feel like that 3rd group is quite a minority nowadays b/c we're all so accustomed to having an opinion and everything. And feel obligated to say something on Twitter, FB, IG, etc. 

This might be the first time, my bias is towards the guy b/c I grew on Cpt. Sparrow and Scissorhands. And it's not right but I think I understand the discourse from the other side and I'm growing towards not picking a side right away. Even though, I have in the past  when it came to Ahuja, Salman, Ness Wadia...this time I just don't know. But I don't want to be termed a woman-hater for not instantly jumping for her support. Your thoughts? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Johnny Depp as an actor and Johnny Depp as a human is two different things. He was a bit psycho. I have no doubt he definitely beat her up. When the Fappening happened and all her nudes leaked out I saw that she was trying hard to please him by writing his name on her private parts and doing some really kinky stuff. They almost had like a 30 year gap between their relationship. Edited by TheBoss - 8 years ago
S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Gold digger.
As of now
If something else comes up will see.
hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Same sentiments here. The situation is a mess. Johnny Depp is one of my favourites and I admire him as an actor. This was a indeed a shocker.
Not supporting anyone for now.

Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
johnny depp is ghatiya insaan and his legal team is pretty strong 👏

Originally posted by: Shy_

Gold digger.

As of now
If something else comes up will see.

Are you really topless in that photo? Is it you or some model?
S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: TheBoss

Are you really topless in that photo? Is it you or some model?

Neha sharma 
Not topless
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Perfect and Imperfect victims. 
Perfect who fits the bill like Katie Holmes,Jen Garner. Naive, young with a clean record. Imperfect like Amber Heard.

Depp has had huge drug, abuse issue. he once famously thrashed a hotel room when he was with kate Moss (read up their abusive relationship)

Amber is going against not just a Hollywood superstar but he is protected by Disney , PR and a huge circle. That is why inspite of rape allegations people like Woody Allen etc still work with A-listers. 
Nothing will happen to Depp , because he has huge money riding on him. HW will protect him. At max, soon we will hear about him going to the rehab.

Not saying Amber wasn't a gold digger or cannot. Yet it was Depp, an adult who made a decision to marry her. He has a huge legal and PR ( the woman who heads this has handled very controversial stars in the past). 

it's not about justice but who spins it best in PR. You have exes lined up to give testimonies , dodgy friends vouching for him.

Repeat of Sean Penn and Madonna. Madonna was abused by him, big issue but now look at them. Nothing happens.

Also, it is not uncommon for victims of abuse, we will never know the ugly side of glamour. people fake it alot. 

I am just loving the PR spin, worth a nice read.

Petal_Pose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Will just say this, I am loathing when I turn on the T.V. how she is portrayed as the gold digger, witch etc" How she trapped him , and people mocking her sexuality.  

Edited by NepaliStrawbery - 8 years ago
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: .MissStubborn.

Same sentiments here. The situation is a mess. Johnny Depp is one of my favourites and I admire him as an actor. This was a indeed a shocker.

Not supporting anyone for now.

Exactly. If this was Leo or Tom Hanks being accused, I don't know how to react. But I know I would have this strong bias not to support the women even I almost always do. It's so shocking,