tv stars fav movies part 2

silverfool81 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Kulraj Randhawa

Film: Sholay

Scene: The scene where Basanti is riding a tonga and Amitabh asks him "tumhara naam kya hai… Basanti".

Why I like it: I like the way it is executed, the characters. You can't help liking it.

Movie I can never tire of: Sholay is one. I have watched it quite a few times. And then there is the Aamir and Ayesha Jhulka movie, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar. I really liked it. And among English movies, I like The Sound of Music.

Shama Sikander

Film: Sadma

Scene: The scene where Kamal Hassan tries to act like a monkey and Sridevi has lost her memory.

Why I like it: Both have performed really well. There is a lot of passion and love towards Sridevi, it really touches you.

Movie I can never tire of: Sadma definitely. I must have watched it around 11 times.

Shweta Kawaatra

Film: DDLJ

Scene: Where Kajol realizes that the ghanti (bell) isn't a fabrication of her mind and that it is for real.

Why I like it: it is very basic and real, very well put together.

Movie I can never tire of: DDLJ. I have watched it quite a few times, but I haven't counted. I don't mind watching it again, especially in the evening time.

Shilpa Saklani

Film:
Hum Aapke Hain Kaun

Scene: I can't pick one scene, but I just love the romantic scenes between Salman and Madhuri.

Why I like it: The film was so beautiful and clean. Everything was so beautifully portrayed. I think the Rajshris are the masters of that… romance is so wonderfully pictured.

Movie I can never tire of: Top Gun, Maine Pyar Kiya and Hum Aapke Hain Kaun. I've lost count of the number of times I saw them. I used to attack DVDs earlier, but I don't mind watching these on TV whenever I can.

Tasneem Sheikh

Film:
Khuda Gawah, saw it around 10-15 times. And K3G.

Scene: The ending scene in Khuda Gawah where the older Sridevi meets Amitabh. I must have cried every time I saw it. And the other is in K3G where Jaya meets Kajol and the baby in the mall.

Why I like it: There is a lot of love and emotion in the scenes and I love that. I am a very emotional person.

Movie I can never tire of: That has to be Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. I must have watched it like 50-60 times.

Sai Deodhar

Film:
Thoda Sa Rumani Ho Jaaye. I have grown up seeing it as my Mom was an assistant in the film and my Dad was photographing it.

Scene: There is a scene where Nana Patekar enters. He is the rainmaker and is talking about how he can bring rain. It is based on the novel and movie of that name.

Why I like it: The way it was shot. It is a musical film, so even when the film was being shot, an assistant would stand with a Casio as the dialogues had to be said in a rhythm. It is a very unique concept and you don't get to see that nowadays.

Movie I can never tire of: Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa.

Shweta Keswani

Film: DDLJ… saw it 4-5 times. Kajol is the best and will be for a long time.

Scene: The conclusion scene where the train is about to leave and Kajol asks her father to let her go. He finally does and she goes and joins Shahrukh.

Why I like it: It's beautiful. The father cannot accept it but knows that is what the daughter wants. It is a moment of struggle, for Shahrukh, for Kajol and the father.

Movie I can never tire of: Sholay… lost count of the times I have seen it.

Mandira Bedi

Film: Lagaan. It's a long film. I have seen it on and off when it came on TV, as I didn't have the time to watch it whole.

Scene: The one where Aamir hits the winning run in the end.

Why I like it: It is such a movie that despite the fact that you know what will happen in the end as the hero always wins and all, it still keeps you on edge. It clubs film and cricket together.

Movie I can never tire of: Dil Chahta Hai. It's a very cool film. I like Saif's character the most. But then, all three characters were all so distinctly different. I have seen it twice. And yes, the one movie I did watch the whole length of twice was Veer Zaara. I really liked that movie too.

Sangeeta Ghosh

Film: Sadma. Watched it 6-7 times.

Scene: The last scene at the platform where Kamal Hassan is trying very hard to get Sridevi to remember everything.

Why I like it: I have been a Kamal Hassan and Sridevi fan always. The scene is very tragic, but I just cannot forget it. I always get goosebumps whenever I watch it. I had seen it when I was a kid, but it still has a lasting impact.

Movie I can never tire of: Dil Chahta Hai. It is very contemporary with great actors, great script, of my age. Whenever we friends get together, we get a DVD and watch it. Though Sadma has had an impression on me from childhood because it has both light and tragic moments. And in today's times, Black is brilliant. Then it also depends on my mood. Like when I need inspiration, I see Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander. But a film I always like is DCH.

Divya Dutta

Film: Chupke Chupke

Scene: The one where Dharmendraji's trying English.

Why I like it: It's pure situational comedy, absolutely real.

Movie I can never tire of: Chupke Chupke again. Must have seen it around 15 times. Besides I love Rishida and Gulzar's movies – Khoobsoorat, Guddi, Sadma.

Achint Kaur

Film:
Pretty Woman

Scene: The whle movie is fabulous. I really can't pick one particular scene

Why I like it: I think it's a total entertainer. It's a true fantasy film, and the experience of watching it is immensely enjoyable.

Movie I can never tire of: Usual Suspects and The Sixth Sense. Especially the latter keeps hounding you all the time and has an amazing grip on your mind.

Jassi Kaur

Film: Mother India. Saw it around 9-10 times, TV cable, theatre, everywhere.

Scene: The last scene where Nargis kills her son.

Why I like it: There is a lot of pain. He was the best son who always used to do wrong, but she always supported him. But then she had to kill him, and for a mother, even slapping is a big thing. It was the first time in a movie I saw a mother kill her son. Afterwards there were other movies, like Vaastav, but this was the first time.

Movie I can never tire of: I am a big Sridevi fan. So I love all her movies and keep watching them, like Chandni, Chaalbaaz, Lamhe, Khuda Gawah. Of these I think Chandni and Khuda Gawah are the best. I can watch them anytime, even now.

Narayani

Film:
Sholay… have seen it 3-4 times

Scene: Any scene from Sholay. If I have to pick, it would be Amitji playing the mouth organ when Jayaji is lighting the lamp.

Why I like it: The look in Amitji's eyes cannot be described. Also we haven't seen the combo of them both a lot, but still the look is the main thing.

Movie I can never tire of: It has to be Chupke Chupke. It's the most amazing comedy I have seen. I must have seen it 100-200 times.

Juhi Parmar

Film: Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. Have seen it loads of times; any time it comes on TV, I watch it.

Scene: That's a tough one. I think it would be the scene where Aishwarya screams and says 'Maa usne meri aatma ko chua hai'. In English films, it's the last scene in Titanic.

Why I like it: It's conceived very beautifully and differently – the intensity of love, when her mother is talking and she is talking about her own thing. She is in a different tangent altogether, in her own trance. It is very difficult to perform, difficult to concentrate on your emotions when somebody else is talking. And the change in the end, when she screams, it's amazing.

Movie I can never tire of: Titanic and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. Because they are romantic, beautiful and colourful with wonderful music. I love colours and romance; Ash, Salman, Ajay, all were so good in HDDCS. Good performance, good script, great direction, music. And as for Titanic, it is the most touching film I have ever seen.

Shweta Salve

Film: Deewar. Haven't seen it too often, but when you say one scene, that scene came to my head.

Scene: The scene by Amitji in the temple.

Why I like it: Firstly because of Big B of course. Then, it is very well-written, beautifully shot without advanced technology, in those times. And the way he cries, it all seemed filmi, yes, but then that's nice and realistic in its own way.

Movie I can never tire of: DDLJ. Its an ideal film. Every girl would want a man like that who would do anything for her, fight with her parents and all. I know it's too hard to get, but still ideal.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

scorpio_pk thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Wow !!!! interesting.......Again thanks for sharing ..

😊