TOI:Ridhima Pandit of BHRK says will never be part of regressive shows

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Vijaya Tiwari| TNN | May 27, 2016, 
Ridhima Pandit is currently winning hearts as the 'Robot bahu' of television. The actress is extremely proud of her showBahu Humari Rajni_kant for breaking norms. She further spoke about how she can never be part of any regressive shows currently on air. In an exclusive conversation with TimesofIndia.com, Ridhima talks about her show, regressive daily soaps and the golden era of TV.

On doing something different Ridhima: I hope after Bahu Humari Rajni_kant, people are scared to offer me crappy shows because I don't wish to do that. At the cost of not sounding arrogant I would like to stick by what I believe in and I believe in doing something different.

On the current trend of Naagins and Daayans Ridhima: I have seen people watching such shows. At my home, my family loves watching 'Naagin' and my relatives are addicted to 'Sasural Simar Ka' since its launch. But as a viewer, I sometimes get confused who is married to who in the show (laughs). But apparently concepts like these work and what works what sells.

Shows should have some social message Ridhima: At the cost of not disrespecting what other shows are doing because it is equally being adored and loved by the audiences. I am very biased towards my show. We also try and include concepts which gives out social message. Like recently we talked about saving water on Bahu Humari Rajni_kant.

Shows with substance don't matter to her Ridhima: I would not like to be a part of something which is long-running but has no substance to it. Instead, I would prefer to be part of a show that gives me happiness and I enjoy working on it. It doesn't matter to me even if its shelf life is short.

Today's shows lack soul Ridhima: I remember during 90s when we had some great shows like Hasratein, Saans, Kora Kagaz, Astitva: Ek Prem Kahani. They were beautiful shows. When in Saans, Kanwaljit Ji walked out of his marriage for another women, we all actually felt bad for Neena Gupta's character. The shows had soul and we could relate to the characters. But now-a-days in daily soaps, some or the other character is marrying someone and then leaving her for someone else. Then the wife becomes glamorous and she becomes negative.

Miss the 'Golden Era' Ridhima: Logic says a woman is not just made to take care of a house. Even she has the feelings and expectations from life. Even she can go wrong and a beautiful subject can come out of it. I agree that people today are shying away from experimenting on TV. There is a herd mentality. Pople are just trying to play safe and have stopped taking risks. "I would not like to be part of something regressive and you can write this two years later also. My views will not change. I would not be a part of something that is regressive. Even if it is regressive, I will see to it that it has a message and ultimately becomes progressive.
Edited by Sutapasima - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Black_Maniac thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Proud of her for this.. I agree to her views so much.. I am happy that she won't do those shows... Not blaming or pointing, but these shows arr so regressive for the society...
Thanks for sharing..
By the way, what's your name ๐Ÿ˜ณ
powergirlpriya thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I m total agree with her current time all show become a regressive so not watch that crap๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
TFS suta..๐Ÿ˜ณ

MidnightMusings thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I love her views, this is what almost all of us feel too. Am glad she is for progressive shows and content :D Beauty with brains

thank you for sharing
life_is_fun thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Beautiful Views and hope she sticks by them ..

We would love to see her is beautiful shows which do justice to her talents and are equally entertaining as well as progressive .. 

โค๏ธ
SurAditAnjali thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
First time my thoughts are matching with someone. Way to go
MidnightMusings thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sonmusk

First time my thoughts are matching with someone. Way to go

You're so right๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Tellywood need more actors and voices like hers
SurAditAnjali thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MidnightMusings

You're so right๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Tellywood need more actors and voices like hers

absolutely! logic says to change the system we require some steps,this is the first one
usaonly thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Thank you Suta and don"t be surprise I love this show too. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
I love her answers, she knows what she wants and is not about to do just any show.