Surrounded by gold, even iron starts shining (On casting)

-Silencia- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
What draws us all to this show with a sick plot now, as moths to a flame? The storyline is cringeworthy (and has been for quite some time) Yes, there is curiosity, and a little freshness because of the new generation. Yes, there is an inherent interest in understanding the complications of relationships being portrayed on the screen, simply because there are so many knots that demand untying.

But the strongest reason that was, is, and will remain so, is the perfect CASTING.

BT & SP have struck gold with this show, whether it's the leads or the ensemble, or even the younger generation. 

It is KP who still makes Raman so believable that half of us understand his pain, and the other half want to tear him up, because he manages to portray both the emotions so convincingly.

It is DT who breathes so much life into Ishita that we can empathize with her as a woman / wife / mother / daughter in an instant.

It is RD who first gave depth to Ruhi, and now, despite us all hating the surrogate baby, is making her charm work once again in the form of Pihu. 

It was GA who gave voice to Adi, first as a hateful child, and later as the adorable elder son and brother, who made us hate him and love him in the span of a year.

It is AB (Aditi) who has taken over from the young RD as Ruhi and progressed it to Ruhaan / vengeful Ruhi that she has grown to be, that we feel for the child who got lost in the process.

It is Abhishek who has so charmingly carried forward Adi, that we can not only see traits of both Raman and Ishita, but also GA, because that's the Adi we knew.

Even though we might not like Aliya as a character, it is still a compliment to Krishna for playing her so convincingly, that exaggerates our annoyance.

The entire ensemble cast has been brilliant from day one.

Surrounded by all the golden talent, I can count the reasons why we all keep coming to watch this show, but what makes me wonder is why the lacklustre iron script still prevails. It is demeaning to the actors, AND the audience. We expect to see brilliance, the actors are capable of delivering it too, but...
Edited by -Nidoo- - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

traveller_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Lovely writeup and going with the eps presently only the cast draws us towards the Eps with their brilliant portrayal of characters
bscorp13 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Word..and holds so true on days like today when I wonder why exactly am I still watching this crap storyline ( occasionally)๐Ÿ˜†.. and then I see your post๐Ÿ˜†
Would add the character actors like raj, Aly and pankaj to tjhe cast too..shrutiIB and mihika were excellent pee leap too