Ishita Iyer nee Bhalla: The mother on lease

-Silencia- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
This post originated as a result of a lot of thoughts after my friend's Atii's words. She said - "It's unfair that people give kids to Ishita to raise and she does a mistake and they snatch away her right to being their mother." That prompted me to put on my thinking hat. So if you want to blame someone for this rant, it's her πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

In general, I am a little more biased towards Raman. Even though I understand Ishita, let's just say I understand Raman a bit more. So for me to be brining this on, means CVs are literally screwing up with what they have built so far - The unbounded love of a mother for a child she hasn't given birth to.

So Raman came face-to-face with Ishita, along with Mani and Aliya.
Mani came face-to-face with Raman, along with Adi.

Two sets of father and child. One woman in between.

Each child claiming the woman as his / her mother. Each father renouncing her as the mother of his child.

What is with these CVs making the YHM men bring their kids to her for raising them like a good human being, and taking them away from her at the slightest hint of trouble? Is it because she cannot biologically bear a child in her womb? Is this why they treat her parenting like something to be rented on a lease? How much more inhumane can it be?

Raman, who a minute ago, was crediting her for his son's flawless upbringing. Who announced it to the world (in that police station), that it was her who transformed his boy, gave him a life, taught him to be a better person. It did not take him one second to tear that right away from her, of being Adi's mother.

And Mani, her best friend, her support system for the past 7 years. I'll keep aside his romantic intentions towards Ishita, but he did risk his own life to save hers, and trusted her with his kids (niece and nephew, but it's the same thing). He did not flinch before making it known that Aliya was only his daughter.

Just because a woman is unable to bear the pain of brining a child into this world, she has no right over the kids she nurtures with her sweat and blood? Isn't a woman allowed to love all her children, in whatever capacity, irrespective of how they became hers?

As Aani put it brilliantly in another discussion, "her grief and pain aren't considered because hey, you never took the pain of birthing anyone".

It is ok to be angry at your wife / friend for whatever reasons, it is not ok to question someone's relationship with their child. And I know the CVs will never bring back the Ishita from YHM 1.0 who retaliated, but if they just could, for one moment. If they could just let her lash out at least once.

Urghh... My head hurts.
Edited by -Nidoo- - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--QUEEN-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Atti's words formed a lump in my throat😭
Many insulted ishita many times not for her mistakes or mahaanta but for the only reason she's barren..
The only weapon everyone who fight with her possess.
The way Raman and mani behaved with her yesterday was very rude. Two people deeply in love cannot cross that line which shatters the other to the core. Atleast I don't do it with my loved ones. At this point I won't support Raman that he's angry,jealous or whatever. That's inhuman
Raman every time crroses that line and there was no proper confrontation regarding that till now..
I feel iishita has to bear it till the end. No hopes that he won't use that word later. There's lot of pihu drama coming up. They didn't leave her when something went wrong with not her biological children, she's gonna see worst treatment for abandoning her 50% biological child. I'm sure...

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
I would have been happy if Yeh Hai 'Mohabbatein' wasn't so much about the children in IshRa's life

The kids' existence kinda screws up IshRa for me tbh
-K.13- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
As always great post!

I can't say much because I'm emotionally spent after having this discussion right before I fell asleep yday. Other than raise this question - what is a mother per YHM?

But it's not fair.

YHM is not fair to anyone whether you like Ishita, Raman, and especially IshRa.

It's hard to keep seeing infertility, motherhood be botched with Ishita as the lamb for sacrifice at the hand of anyone and everyone on the show but the kids.

Some people see Ishita's grief, some see Raman's...I can see and feel both & it's tiring.

I'm not ready to watch a horrible cycle of torture FL using motherhood as a the gun and then fix ML - everyone will enjoy seeing Raman gets what he rightfully deserves but honestly it's tiring for me bc I was attached to his character first. And more so it's bc he WON'T learn to respect Ishita in he long run & he won't tame his anger bc if he does - what else is there.

The more we discuss, the more spent I become & the more pathetic IshRa as a couple are.

I wish I were an Aunty πŸ€”
kaa1202 thumbnail
Beautiful Nidoo...πŸ‘

Ishu's plight is explained nicely...

I like Raman except for that one night where he was a πŸ€¬

Those words killed her literally...
infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Great post ! Loved it . My take is , it doesn't matter what the grown ups says to her , as the kids she raised are in love with her , all the kids have the bond with her that these moronic men would never ever feel with their own flesh and blood and for me this Mothe Ishita is just super human being , I have questioned her as a daughter of leaving her parents , as a wife she didn't fight for her rights but as a mother when ever given chance she came as a winner , yes she left Pihu but we all know what was the situation then , but see Adi still loves her unconditionally , Aaliya loves her and deep down Ruhan still loves Ishima ...
But not only in fictional shows in reality when people can not win their argument they target the other person's some kind of disability , just to win over the temporary battle , we see it all the time , female card, race card , religion card , cast and creed card , we see it being played all the time. What they shown yesterday is quite true , Men would be Men after all πŸ€”
-mujna- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
the next time either of them come to Ishita to apologise or reiterate that fact that she is their respective offsprings' mother she should just hand them the number of a reputable nanny service and walk away!!! Cut your losses and walk away Ishita Iyer... clear both these men are not worth the effort!
-K.13- thumbnail

Originally posted by: infinity00

Great post ! Loved it . My take is , it doesn't matter what the grown ups says to her , as the kids she raised are in love with her , all the kids have the bond with her that these moronic men would never ever feel with their own flesh and blood and for me this Mothe Ishita is just super human being , I have questioned her as a daughter of leaving her parents , as a wife she didn't fight for her rights but as a mother when ever given chance she came as a winner , yes she left Pihu but we all know what was the situation then , but see Adi still loves her unconditionally , Aaliya loves her and deep down Ruhan still loves Ishima ...
But not only in fictional shows in reality when people can not win their argument they target the other person's some kind of disability , just to win over the temporary battle , we see it all the time , female card, race card , religion card , cast and creed card , we see it being played all the time. What they shown yesterday is quite true , Men would be Men after all πŸ€”

I agree with you - I wrote this yesterday in Prabh's thread on a similar topic...

But the original idea of YHM is there - that relationships are made of the heart. Every child Ishita mothered still views her and gives her the sole respect of mother.

So society/men/whoever (bc men aren't the only ones to question a stepmom in society)...relationships still are made of the heart.

As Nids once told me, per EK - the core of the story is Ishita-Ruhi and by extension Ishita - Adi & Ishita - Pihu.   The "love story" comes second to this.
-Silencia- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -K.13-

I agree with you - I wrote this yesterday in Prabh's thread on a similar topic...

But the original idea of YHM is there - that relationships are made of the heart. Every child Ishita mothered still views her and gives her the sole respect of mother.

So society/men/whoever (bc men aren't the only ones to question a stepmom in society)...relationships still are made of the heart.

As Nids once told me, per EK - the core of the story is Ishita-Ruhi and by extension Ishita - Adi & Ishita - Pihu.   The "love story" comes second to this.

I can't believe I told you that, and even in the morning today, I told you to not let it affect and be an aunty, and then came here and wrote all this πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
-K.13- thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Nidoo-

<font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I can't believe I told you that, and even in the morning today, I told you to not let it affect and be an aunty, and then came here and wrote all this πŸ˜† πŸ˜†</font>

Honestly I tried to be an Aunty and succeeded during surrogacy & for a month post leap but these issues are too personal & I'm too big on an empath towards the leads to Aunty mode something I've kept up with for so long. I'm just a weirdo! πŸ˜†

I'm happy you wrote bc this issue is big despite how they show it on screen! ❀️

And man if I could figure out how to block IF on my phone - I'd be golden