Importance Of Kaurwaki In Ashoka's Life

NehaLovesSomya thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Ashoka Met Kaurwaki During His Exile in Kalinga

When Samrat Bindusar on the insistence of his first son Rajkumar Sushim sent Ashoka away from the boundaries of Magadh, he came to Kalinga. Being in exile, he went incognito and this is when he met the beautiful girl Karuwaki also known as Charuwaki/Kaurubaki unlike shown in Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat where Karuwaki seem to be boarding the same ship as that of Ashoka within Magadh.

Kaurwaki was Ashoka's Second Wife 

Devi was Ashoka's first wife and the mother of his first two born - son Mahendra and daughter Sanghamitra. However, Devi being a merchant's daughter didn't accompany Ashoka when he returned Pataliaputra. Later, when he was sent in exile he married Karuvaki. So, Karuvaki can be his second wife.

However, Ashoka's royal consort and the chief Queen Asandhimitra's wedding period is not known. This is the reason why there is always a confusion between them as who is the second wife - is it Kaurwaki or is it Asandhimitra. However, it is widely believed that Queen Asandhimitra was Samrat Ashoka's fourth wife, the third being Prince Kunala's biological mother Queen Padmavati.

Queen Kaurwaki was the Mother of Samrat Ashoka's Second Son Prince Tivala aka Prince Tivara

The Allahabad edicts mentions that Queen Kaurwaki was the mother of Prince Tivala. Now, Prince Tivala was Samrat Ashoka's second son and third born. Tivala supposedly was Ashoka's favorite son and also the potential successor. However, it appears that he died before Ashoka. He however served Takshila in the presence of Samrat Ashoka as the viceroy of Takshila.

Karuvaki Played an Important Role in Changing Samrat Ashoka's Lifestyle For Good

The Ashokian edicts clearly states how on the advice of Queen Kaurwaki the Samrat was changing his lifestyle. Ashoka, the Great himself emphasis on the edicts that he started a series of welfare measures for the people only on the advice of Karuvaki. This proves that Karuwaki was an influential queen.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lifeis_mistake thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thnks for sharing 😃
You are putting true facts of history.
This perfectly show the importance Of Kaurwaki In Ashoka's Life. 👏 The way she changed Ashoka and made him understand the value of life.Ashoka along with Kaurwaki started charity and series of welfare measures for the people only. ⭐️
Somulove thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing Importance of Kaurwak in Ashoka's life. Much needed this bit of information in this forum

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
as ashok history is very old no one can accurately tell anything every one just make assumption. on this forum only under historical topic on page 5 myself I think her name is this had posted imp of devi in ashok's life do have a look. different author write diff versions , that's why I said every only make assumptions no one know accuracy. forum is not against kaurvki , she is true character one day or other ashok will marry her. many of us r irritated with forced luvstory currently showing. jab ashok chand banega hi nhi to kaurvki kisko guide karegi. ashok kaurvki ki luvstory ki foundation already hai, ab kaurvki ko break de kar dusre track focus dikhaye , kaurvki ko har track mai nhi dikhaya ja salts when she has nothing 2 do.isliye kuch log kehte ki ashok kaurvki ki luvstory ko hype kiya ja RHA
kaurvki may had helped ashok in social work & charity but its was ashok own conscious which woke after kalinga war nobody forced him guided him it was ashok himself. every where it is mentione
Poonam0307 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for the info dearie🤗much needed for the forum but still I wonder why people keep saying Ashwaki track is forced😕coz in the show Ashwaki haven't been reunited yet and who the hell are they to say kaurwaki should take a break 👎🏼 she's a very important character as well plays a huge role in Ashoka's life 🤓So, why they are saying that all ? When the show is based on Ashoka's life which also included kaurwaki🤔
And infact we didn't get any single AshWaki moment for real post leap and still people are giving their so called unwanted judgements regarding the show and that's actually annoying coz I know ultimately it's just a crappy shipper war😵 coz I bet the moment Devi came in the picture , people started posting weird stuffs which honestly I don't mind if it was done properly but the thing is cvs right now are showing nothing new about Ashwaki chemistry. It was already there before as well , but then why such pathetic judgements🤓
Rest, if they think we like romance, sure we do coz we loved Ashwaki but that doesn't mean we don't want to see chandasoka's incarnation🤔, of course we do ! I mean here even people who love Ashwaki were watching the show way before they were introduced.
So, how come we are only interested in Ashwaki when we are watching the show from the beginning 🤔 and what they are saying romance is required everywhere otherwise the content will get boring sooner or later 🤔
So, what's people problem if cvs showing the same side by side 🤓
Everyday new day a post directly or indirectly targeting Ashwaki 
👎🏼 I'm an Ashwaki fan as well as Cas fan but if anyones trying to put them down , I won't take it😵 besides appreciating AshVi would be much better than putting others down and saying kaurwaki should take a break or do her Diya worshipping 😵 really showing they are letting down the other🥱
Edited by Poonam0307 - 8 years ago
aditi37 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Poonam0307

Thanks for the info dearie🤗much needed for the forum but still I wonder why people keep saying Ashwaki track is forced😕coz in the show Ashwaki haven't been reunited yet and who the hell are they to say kaurwaki should take a break 👎🏼 she's a very important character as well plays a huge role in Ashoka's life 🤓So, why they are saying that all ? When the show is based on Ashoka's life which also included kaurwaki🤔

And infact we didn't get any single AshWaki moment for real post leap and still people are giving their so called unwanted judgements regarding the show and that's actually annoying coz I know ultimately it's just a crappy shipper war😵 coz I bet the moment Devi came in the picture , people started posting weird stuffs which honestly I don't mind if it was done properly but the thing is cvs right now are showing nothing new about Ashwaki chemistry. It was already there before as well , but then why such pathetic judgements🤓
Rest, if they think we like romance, sure we do coz we loved Ashwaki but that doesn't mean we don't want to see chandasoka's incarnation🤔, of course we do ! I mean here even people who love Ashwaki were watching the show way before they were introduced.
So, how come we are only interested in Ashwaki when we are watching the show from the beginning 🤔 and what they are saying romance is required everywhere otherwise the content will get boring sooner or later 🤔
So, what's people problem if cvs showing the same side by side 🤓
Everyday new day a post directly or indirectly targeting Ashwaki 
👎🏼 I'm an Ashwaki fan as well as Cas fan but if anyones trying to put them down , I won't take it😵 besides appreciating AshVi would be much better than putting others down and saying kaurwaki should take a break or do her Diya worshipping 😵 really showing they are letting down the other🥱

Thanks dearie for giving these facts and really loved reading it😳

@poo totally agree with you , I don't know why such judgmental views all of sudden😕 and who are they to say kaurwaki should take break🤓infact why don't they let cvs do their jobs and mind their own business🤓 Fine you don't like AshWaki or in their words OVERHYPED AshWaki or Glorified whatever🥱 , why don't simply skip or wait for the moment when you find things according your way coz agree or not AshWaki fans also exist who likes them alot as well love show 🤔 and who says we only want AshWaki , we too wanna see chandashoka and we are getting same and if they not satisfied ,it's their problem infact I know the actual problem but I don't wanna comment on that🥱

But the fact is , whatever the reason how could anyone be so judgmental , I mean I have been reading such post in the past  couple of days where people suggesting and giving advice to cvs😕I mean what were they think , CVs are fools or they are idiot🤓they know what will work or what not and if it won't work they would never came up with the same idea and that's really silly to judge coz it's their concept and it's like their own baby , so why would they ruin  by their own
hands😕

Honestly , if I take my example ,I was one of them who never like to judge anyone or anyone's job beside I would surely present my disappointment or disapproval but never suggest them to do and that or to do this coz as long as I'm enjoying the show , I would stick to that but the moment it bore or disgust me , I simply prefer to skip or prefer rather quitting than judging anyone 🤔

Rest, I know this won't change the fact ,there's different kind of personalities 🤔I'm different and they are too .So, again I would say better ignore and let them enjoy their discussion in the forum and let we Enjoy our show 😎as well AshWaki❤️coz we know the reality and we should stay happy and positive😉
Deevaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: aditi37

Thanks dearie for giving these facts and really loved reading it😳

@poo totally agree with you , I don't know why such judgmental views all of sudden😕 and who are they to say kaurwaki should take break🤓infact why don't they let cvs do their jobs and mind their own business🤓 Fine you don't like AshWaki or in their words OVERHYPED AshWaki or Glorified whatever🥱 , why don't simply skip or wait for the moment when you find things according your way coz agree or not AshWaki fans also exist who likes them alot as well love show 🤔 and who says we only want AshWaki , we too wanna see chandashoka and we are getting same and if they not satisfied ,it's their problem infact I know the actual problem but I don't wanna comment on that🥱

But the fact is , whatever the reason how could anyone be so judgmental , I mean I have been reading such post in the past  couple of days where people suggesting and giving advice to cvs😕I mean what were they think , CVs are fools or they are idiot🤓they know what will work or what not and if it won't work they would never came up with the same idea and that's really silly to judge coz it's their concept and it's like their own baby , so why would they ruin  by their own
hands😕

Honestly , if I take my example ,I was one of them who never like to judge anyone or anyone's job beside I would surely present my disappointment or disapproval but never suggest them to do and that or to do this coz as long as I'm enjoying the show , I would stick to that but the moment it bore or disgust me , I simply prefer to skip or prefer rather quitting than judging anyone 🤔

Rest, I know this won't change the fact ,there's different kind of personalities 🤔I'm different and they are too .So, again I would say better ignore and let them enjoy their discussion in the forum and let we Enjoy our show 😎as well AshWaki❤️coz we know the reality and we should stay happy and positive😉

At TM thanks for sharing the true info😊 
@aditi Wow man👏👏really impressed with your thoughts👏true people are getting judgmental here but we should never let this effect on ourself but no doubt even I'm clueless why most of the posts are meant for ashwaki directly or indirectly and that too always against them 😕 
But , your right we should ignore such posts and  enjoy the show rather commenting or judging someone's job👍🏼
MuguetDScorpion thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
To be honest I don't care who did what. I don't care who was more important for him and who wasn't. What's possing me off right now is that he is not sounding like the Ashoka we heard or read about. It's more about the love story. She is shown searching him, doing pooja... He is shown taking her name in every episode. Love story here and there is ok but not in each and every episode. They have more important things to show and we to see. 
JutheeAlam thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
TFS dear... some people should know the real history...
babur1527 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I am going to quote Ashwaki fans.

"Colors is an entertainment channel and the purpose of this show is to entertain."

Most people are not entertained by Devdas and Paro 2.0. Most people were not entertained by Ashoka the movie.

And they have the right to voice their opinion.

And historically speaking Kaurvaki was a Fisherman's daughter who helped Ashok spread Dharma across his Kingdom. So much so she earned the honor of being named in his edict.

So yeah. Neither is this show historically correct. Nor is it entertaining to anyone except people who don't care about anything except romance.

I am not sorry if that offends you. This is a forum. Everyone can voice their opinion. You cannot force people to accept a lacklusture storyline and be entertained.
Edited by babur1527 - 8 years ago