Aishwarya agreed to do 'Sarbjit' in 15 minutes: Omung Kumar

LoveProfusion thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Aishwarya agreed to do 'Sarbjit' in 15 minutes: Omung Kumar  ðŸ˜‰

By PTI |Posted 08-May-2016

Though she will be seen in a deglam avatar in her coming film "Sarbjit", director Omung Kumar says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan agreed to be a part of it within 15 minutes.

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Omung Kumar

The film is based on Sarabjit Singh, an Indian national who was jailed in Pakistan on the charge of spying. Aishwarya plays the role of his sister Dalbir Kaur.

Omung says he wanted to cast an actress who could pull off being a twenty-year-old and a sixty-year-old with equal ease.

"There are a very few actors who are in the middle range (in age) and mature enough to play a 22-year-old and a 60-year-old also. Young actors can be aged but it looks fake. I wanted that middle person," Omung told PTI. "Nobody would think of Aishwarya in this role at all. Because people might say 'from which angle she looks like Dalbir'. I made Dalbir my way. All the mannerisms of Dalbir are there, the walk, the talk, but look-wise I've made Aishwarya not to look like Aishwarya," the director added. This will be the second biopic Omung has made after his national-award winning "Mary Kom".

"It just took 15 minutes for Aishwarya to say yes to the film. I know her for a long time, since her Miss India days and we have been friends. But I wanted to go to her with a solid role. She saw the full research I had done, I narrated one scene because I didn't have a script then, and she was on board," he said.

The film stars Randeep Hooda in the titular role. Omung was all praise for Aishwarya's professionalism. "When she is on set, she won't move from one place. If lighting is required, she will herself stand there...If it is a shot change, for continuity purpose she would retain her position for as long as one hour so that nothing should change in her style," he said.

The film is scheduled to release on May 20.

- See more at: http://www.mid-day.com/articles/aishwarya-agreed-to-do-sarbjit-in-15-minutes-omung-kumar/17211150#sthash.Paolp3vi.dpuf
Edited by MrMadonnaCicone - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
GOSH 

Aish looks like an ANGEL here !!not her fan though but couldnt take my eyes off either !
LoveProfusion thumbnail

Originally posted by: fivestars

GOSH 

Aish looks like an ANGEL here !!not her fan though but couldnt take my eyes off either !

She has that effect on people Preep.  ðŸ˜Š That is why I have been a loyal fan for over 17 years now!  ðŸ˜³
TheBoss thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
He basically called her a middle person. And Sonam was attacked for calling her auntie. Lol
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrMadonnaCicone

She has that effect on people Preep.  ðŸ˜Š That is why I have been a loyal fan for over 17 years now!  ðŸ˜³

wish her acting is equally mesmerising on people..😃
KunwaariDaayan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
In other words...no one else can pull off the 60 yr old look 
_shadesnature_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I have lot of expectations from aish in Sarabjit hope she put justice to her role 
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
It seems like this is going to be the role of a lifetime for Ash! Cant wait. 
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yesterday I was very impressed with ash on tkss It just took 15 minutes for Aishwarya to say yes .ok told this and even Jacky came to ok office they wanted ash particularly.this will be her life timerole . I m looking forward for this after neerja but hope they won't much commercialize it.
The interesting part is randeep doing role and adapting it through sarabjit letters.he Said he saw only video of his confession actually one or two small videos are there. So adapting role thru only written material its applaud worthy

Special mention she looked so beautiful I wasn't her fan initially but lately I changed my views for her.
Thanks for making topic