Astitva - India Update 22 November 2004

RTee thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Simran's house. Abhi is there. Simran tells Abhi that it is good he met Manas and apologized since he needs lots of support. Abhi tells her that we have to be very patient wth Manas. She tells Abhi that she used to tell Manas that he was more mentally strong than her.

She then asks Abhi that how is he here. He said that just to tell her that they have decided to shift. Even Radha was of the same opinion and Neha has decided to agree to his parents request. Simran tells him that this is good and she is happy to know that it is Mummy who took the first step. She then tells him that she should go and meet Manas.

Manas is thinking of what Abhi told him and thinks that Abhi will not be able to understand his feelings.

Abhi and Neha come to their new house that looks huge with a huge lawn and they are discussing how to furnish the house. She tells him that they need to shop. He tells her that he cannot come with her, he gets bored. She suggests that he could ask Simran to accompany her since her taste is good and she would know what to get where in Bombay.

Riya Sen is talking to doctor and jailer and tells them that till now the case is in their favour but she needs to know lots more. She needs to know whether the allegations laid against them are true since she will have to base her arguments on these facts. The jailer tells her that he does not know much but when there are requests from higher ups they have to be fulfilled. She asks him whether the previous jailer was promoted because of this. The jailer says naturally since promotions are seldom granted for honest work. She then asks the doctor whether any documents are available for the women who were aborted a few months ago. The doc says that nothing can be traced to them since they never keep documents and even the nurses are in their employ. Riya Sen says that now things are ok and there is no problem. She has a strange smile on her face.

Simran goes to meet Manas and tells him that whatever Riya Sen may do but nothing will happen. It is never easy to go against jail officials. Manas tells her that he too has been overreacting. She tells him that they have been through very rough times but have always come through because they believe in themselves. Abhi apologises to her for his rough behaviour against Abhi and Simran. They make up. Simran asks him whether it would be ok to broach this subject with women's forums. That would carry some weight irrespective of what Riya Sen comes up with. She wanted to get his assent lest he accuse them later of taking decisions against his desires. Manas playfully scolds her for getting formal with him and agrees to her suggestion.

Neha is in Abhi's parents house and tells Mummy that she must accompany her to shop for the house. Mummy says that she is busy but she could take Radha for this and then when she goes to buy kitchen stuff, Abhi's mom will come with her. That way they will share responsibility. In any case Radha must be kept busy since she too has been left alone now. And she would enjoy shopping with her daughter and setting up her house.

Simran is attending the women's forum meeting and their president tells her that this forum is to discuss the general problems of women and not that of an individual. Simran tells them that she does not understand. She has proof that lots more women other than Urmila have undergone torture. She shows them the written and signed statements. They tell her that they had formed their opinion based on newspaper reports but now they know the truth and will support her.

Radha and Neha are in Neha's house after shopping. They are discussing the shopping and while talking Radha and Neha get emotional. Radha tells her that she has got all the things she never had in terms of family through Neha.

Shaguna brings coffee for Simran. She looks troubled and tells Simran that she is not being allowed to meet Shankar since long. Simran tells her not to worry and she will ensure that she will be able to meet him.

Manas is home having b'fast and bell rings. It is Riya Sen. She comes to meet Manas. He roughly asks her why she has come. She tells him that she has obviously come to meet him and there was no point in calling him up since she would be the last person he would be wanting to meet. He tells her to come clean. She tells him that she has come to tell them to change their lawyer. He asks her why should they do that. She tells him that they should do it because their case has become very weak. He tells her that their lawyer will handle it in the next hearing. She tells him that she does not think so, he has a contempt of court charge against him and that is serious. Manas asks her whether she is suggesting that they get a clever, foxy lawyer like her whose only aim is to win irrespective of what happens. She tells him 'exactly' that is what "I am saying. I want to fight your case". Manas looks confounded and asks her why. She says "because I don't want you to lose this case and also because of you and what you said the other day, it opened my eyes and I have taken the first step to fighting this case. I have resigned from my post and am no longer the public prosecutor. I want to get justice for you Urmila and all other women".

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

thanks arti...

wow Riya Sen took a bold step and I am so happy to see that. I think from here it may be more interesting....

😊

zeus thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Thanks Arti for the detailed updates. I became a member just to thank you! ;😊

I had gone on vacation, and had missed a week, and good to see detailed updates. (Note Z-USA today is same 22nd Nov of Z-India; I really do not understand why there is such a difference). Hope this is not the case with NEWS too !!

Thanks again for your updates and the forum.

-Zeus