Posted: 8 years ago
Everyone , have a look at SKR shurpi nose cutting shoot =
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NgfZwhqUhHQ&client=mv-google&gl=IN&hl=en
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: attubaby

So now, Lakshman is also well aware of the incident😲

inconsistency of Star Sita rxn and two different rxns for the same request shows two different writers for the same situation😆

saw the promo today...seems like Laxman's quota of getting the scoldings is not yet full...wasn't Sita quite harsh in the promo !!!

Harini, can u plz shed light on Sita ji's rxn for cuttin Shurpnakha nose in Ramayan?

So in Valmiki Ramayan Surpi was a hideous Rakshashi who changed her form to come entice Ram and then Lakshman. There is a story I 've heard about Surpi actually asking Sita about whether Shri Ram would be ready to marry her. Sita ma is said to have told her to ask Shri Ram herself and then smile as Surpi walks away, very content in the fact that Shri Ram would not even see her face😊

When Shri Ram and Lakshman make Surpanakha go back and forth, she realizes that they are playing with her and she takes a huge form.. In Valmiki Ramayan, when Surpi advances towards Sita ma, it is Shri Ram who signals Lakshman to go punish Surpi before Sita ma can come to any harm. So there is no question of Lakshman doing the wrong thing. I remember reading that Sita ma trembles with fear as she sees Surpi's hideous roop approaching her. So one can safely assume that there is no pravachan from her to Lakhshman on being saved.

divine_ram thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Due to 7 days a week they are showing few scenes which are not important or a drag to the story like surpanaka dressing or drowning...even actor playing hanuman is sick and don't know when he will be back to work. They will stretch till actor gets well. Why cannot they have 5 days a week show.
RadhaKrishna_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: pri_tanvi

Hello. I have been a silent reader in this forum for quite sometime now. I like the show except some aspects like Lakshman being made the punching bag. The latest promo has got me on the edge.

It indirectly puts the blame of haran on Lakshman. According to me the promo shows Lakshman as the villian and Surpi as innocent. It says Lakshman did apmaan of a Naari, while in reality he did it for defending Sita, as an act of defence.
This wrong portrayal of Lakshman makes my heart weep 😭
He is my favourite character from the epic because of his love and devotion for his brother and SIL. The sacrifices he has made, certainly he doesn't deserve to be treated like this

Totally agree with u !!!!! 😊
I don't , what happiness does Star Sita gets in scoding Lakshman !!!!😡
I hate the scene when Star Sita scolds lakshman for each and every incident!!!!!! 😡🤢

feeling very bad for lakshman !!!!! 😭😭
divine_ram thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Justlikethat1

So in Valmiki Ramayan Surpi was a hideous Rakshashi who changed her form to come entice Ram and then Lakshman. There is a story I 've heard about Surpi actually asking Sita about whether Shri Ram would be ready to marry her. Sita ma is said to have told her to ask Shri Ram herself and then smile as Surpi walks away, very content in the fact that Shri Ram would not even see her face😊

When Shri Ram and Lakshman make Surpanakha go back and forth, she realizes that they are playing with her and she takes a huge form.. In Valmiki Ramayan, when Surpi advances towards Sita ma, it is Shri Ram who signals Lakshman to go punish Surpi before Sita ma can come to any harm. So there is no question of Lakshman doing the wrong thing. I remember reading that Sita ma trembles with fear as she sees Surpi's hideous roop approaching her. So one can safely assume that there is no pravachan from her to Lakhshman on being saved.

There is criticism too about the way both Ram and Lakshman played with surpanaka about her feelings.

Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
There is always criticism about everything that the epics say 😆
The brothers first tell Surpanakha very kindly that they are not available for marriage. Shri Ram tells her that he is a ek patni vrata and tells her to ask Lakshman who is without his wife. Lakshman of course says no.
But Surpanakha does not listen to reason. When she keeps jumping her choice between the brothers, the brothers decide that they would make her realize in another way that she is asking the impossible.

But unfortunately Surpi's bad temper gets in the way she targets Sita ma which incites Lakshman.

Lets not forget that Surpi was no innocent and would not take no for an answer. While we empathize with women when they are in a similar situation, men do not get the same consideration because they are considered the 'stronger' of the two. In this situation though, Surpi was certainly much stronger but yet, we have romanticized the stories so much that she is pitied.
pri_tanvi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Justlikethat1

There is always criticism about everything that the epics say 😆
The brothers first tell Surpanakha very kindly that they are not available for marriage. Shri Ram tells her that he is a ek patni vrata and tells her to ask Lakshman who is without his wife. Lakshman of course says no.
But Surpanakha does not listen to reason. When she keeps jumping her choice between the brothers, the brothers decide that they would make her realize in another way that she is asking the impossible.

But unfortunately Surpi's bad temper gets in the way she targets Sita ma which incites Lakshman.

Lets not forget that Surpi was no innocent and would not take no for an answer. While we empathize with women when they are in a similar situation, men do not get the same consideration because they are considered the 'stronger' of the two. In this situation though, Surpi was certainly much stronger but yet, we have romanticized the stories so much that she is pitied.

Totally agree with you. Surpi was no innocent.
Don't know how far my comparison is right, but if Shri Ram punishing Jayant fr his misbehaviour with Sita can be right then why not Lakshman punishing Surpi for misbehaviour?

If Jayanta lusted over Sita then Surpi too lusted over Ram nd Lakshman
pri_tanvi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Gender equality doesn't mean putting the female above the male! I believe for true equality men and women should be treated equally in all aspects, be it reward or punishment. We cannot consider a woman to be innocent just because she is a woman
tssvenkat thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
So far the story has been moving in a decent pace. They are showing the essential scenes for the story by showing some variations from Valmiki or other writers.
What I feel like many viewers here are there are many writers for this show and I don't understand why they are not consistent with Sita's POV. Yes, when Lakshman protected her with Lakshman Rekha she did not like it but the least she did not use a tone that was harsh but rather spoke her mind with conviction that she can protect herself.
I also liked the part where Lakshman too spoke his mind and fears of the jungle and his fears should not become a reality and Ram and Sita just looked at him with concern.
Today when Ram said the same thing to stay in the house and not go around, she quietly accepted it as she felt that Ram was genuinely concerned about her safety.
I think this discrepancy is what irks us but hopefully the Soorpanaka scene makes sense.

What the writers have failed to show the words of Sumithra to Lakshman to look at Sita as mother(Sumithra). If they had shown this relationship many times then we would not have felt very offended whenever Sita tries to correct Lakshman.

One characteristic of Lakshman that we fail to understand is his anger which he could never control.
I remember from Swayamvar and also Parasuram scene where he was not able to control his anger but Ram had to calm him.

Yes, we all know the sacrifice of Lakshman and no words can describe that but I am also aware that if anger takes control of us, then at the spur of the moment we fail to do the right thing and the consequences of it comes back to us in many fold.

I hope I have not offended any viewers or actors here, just clearing my head may help some of us here.

attubaby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Yes goin by the natire of sita ma, she can never scold Lakshman for cutting the nose dat too wen it was cut as part of defense.
Regardin madi expressns, yes she z quite gud in soft scenes. Earlier as unmarried princess, she was okay in arguments as well. i remember her scene with malyavan in mithila..dats wat is d apt one...it's mostly hard for me to relate to vanvaasi Sita of SKR wen she z in an argument...