When The Rains Cease

coveredinmist thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Chapter One: Blame Game

Ram and Lakshman proceeded towards a mountainous area after Sugriv's coronation. Sugriv had requested them to stay in his palace, but Ram cordially denied his invitation, reminding him that his exile of 14 years wasn't over yet.

The two brothers walked through the ever-mystical forest. Lakshman was lost in its beauty, but Ram's mind was elsewhere.

Lakshman sighed, feeling helpless. He knew why Ram seemed so lost, so he decided to break his reverie.

"This forest is even more beautiful than the forests of Panchvati! Right, brother?" Lakshman said in a cheerful tone.

Ram nodded with a stone-cold face. Lakshman decided to try again.

"Would you like to eat something?" Lakshman said, sounding a little irritated now.

"...later," Ram said after a long pause.

After that, Lakshman gave up for good. He didn't want to say anything else and end up loosing his cool. He had tried to cheer Ram up numerous times.

Once, he used his phulkandi antic, but all he got was a stern look from his brother.

Rain water trickled down their foreheads. While Lakshman flinched away from the cold water, Ram seemed to have turned numb.

Lakshman pointed towards a giant tree.

"Let's rest here tonight," he said.

Ram looked over, nodded, and walked towards it.

Lakshman felt both love and sorrow for his brother. He had never seen him look so miserable in his entire life.

Ram seated himself under the oak tree, observing the rain drops as they dripped down the leaves. He sighed, leaning his head against the tree bark.

Lakshman wandered off into the forest, looking for something to eat.

"Only if I hadn't given in to your wishes..." Ram said, sighing as he saw the dark clouds looming above.

He heard the sound of a twig snapping, and looked up immediately. His breath stopped.

A beautiful fawn strutted before him. It had a beautiful brown coat with white spots all over it, and it was shivering due to the rain. Ram smiled as he realized why its eyes seemed so familiar to him.

Lakshman was hiding among the trees, cringing internally. He knew about what would happen.

Ram walked towards it. He was about to caress the fawn when he froze cold, recollecting something.

He jumped away immediately, looking disgusted.

"You were jealous," he said through clenched teeth, "you were jealous of her. She was your rival in the grace of her movements and her ethereal beauty. One of your kind drew me away from her. I hope you're happy now," his tone turned sarcastic in the end.

Lakshman's heart was filled with sorrow. He observed his brother, who was crying uncontrollably now, without saying a word.

Lakshman knew that Ram had to cry it out, as he had been suppressing his emotions for a really long time. So, he didn't make any move to console his brother for a long time.

After what seemed like an eternity, Lakshman went to Ram and tried to console him. But Ram continued to weep.

"How can I have any peace of mind when my strength is not by my side? How can I rest when I know that she's suffering somewhere?" he cried.

Lakshman fell silent. He gazed at the clouds.

"Once I get my hands on Ravan," he thought, "I shall make him pay for every single tear my brother has shed."
Edited by coveredinmist - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sambhavami thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
This is simply beautiful! Captures your heart in a moment!
Do write more!
Jairamji thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Very visual and touching.. Please write more
RadhaKrishna_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
It is excellent and I was able to connect with your OS very easily . It was that much beautiful !!!!! Keep writing !!!!! πŸ˜ƒ
moviefan-pooja thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
very beautiful and touching OS, please do write more
πŸ‘
coveredinmist thumbnail

Originally posted by: Radhikerani

This is simply beautiful! Captures your heart in a moment!
Do write more!

Thank you so much 😊 I never expected my first OS to get such positive replies
coveredinmist thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jairamji

Very visual and touching.. Please write more

aww thanks 😊 ly
Shivam... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
It is a very Engaging OS
Though it was short , it summed up the scene quite Perfectly

The agony oF Ram for Loosing Sita , And the Agony Of lakshman Seeing his brother in such a state

I am eagerly awaiting the next Chapter

Do Update soonπŸ˜ƒ
coveredinmist thumbnail

Originally posted by: Justlikethat1

Beautifully writtenπŸ‘

thanks baeπŸ˜ƒ
coveredinmist thumbnail

Originally posted by: gmgi

Beautiful OS. πŸ‘

tysm love πŸ˜ƒ