currentchaos thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sai Deodhar has bagged a lead role opposite hubby Shakti Anand after a long time. The actress who was last seen playing a central character in Sara Akash has replaced the pretty Kanchi Kaul in Sony's Ek Ladki Anjaani Si.

Sai talks to Sneha Hazarika about her role, look in the serial, Shakti Anand and more.

Have you replaced Kanchi Kaul in Ek Ladki Anjaani Si? Because we've also been told that you are going to play Anuradha Rai and not Ananya. Please clarify.
All I can tell you now is that I am playing the lead role. The rest will be revealed gradually.

What changes will you bring to the character?
The character will definitely grow. The maturity level will be much more intense. After giving birth to a child a woman certainly grows as a person. The character has forgotten its identity. Besides, every actor has a different style of performing. Now you would definitely see Sai's shades in this character.

How long is your track?
God only knows that. I can only do my work.

Is there a special look in mind?
I would be wearing sarees. But it wouldn't be a stereotypical look. It's a more girl/woman kind of a look. I have a soft look.

It's been a long time, since you last worked with your husband Shakti Anand. It must be a very happy re-union on the sets.
Obviously. Shakti and I started off as co-stars and have always had a good working relationship. I am thrilled to work with him again. It's not only because he is my husband but also because he is a good actor .

Do Shakti and you discuss work at home?
We do. Work is an integral part of our life. Besides, couples are not only the best of friends, but are also each other's greatest critics. This quality is very necessary. This is how you realise where you are going wrong. Acting is a passion for both of us. Even if we are not working together in one project, we do discuss our respective jobs and point out each other's mistakes.

How was your experience working with the unit of Ek Ladki Anjaani Si?
I was surprised by the warm response I got from everybody. I had heard a lot of positive things about the unit from Shakti and I am lucky to be part of it. Most of the actors are people with whom I have worked with in the past. Indira Krishnan and Karishma Tanna were a part of Sara Aakash. It feels like we are back to the past.

What are the other projects you are working on?
At the moment, I am just concentrating on Ek Ladki Anjaani Si. As I am playing the lead role, most of my time would be taken up with this project.

Like the other Nach Baliye contestants, would you and Shakti also be hosting any of the Nach Baliye 2 episodes?
Yes we are hosting an episode. Shakti and I are very excited to be back in the family. It's like travelling back to your old days. It's going to be easy this time around as there is no competition now

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
her wig looks weird.....t4s! 😊
priyav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mamis

her wig looks weird.....t4s! 😊

πŸ˜†she shud remove that wig,doesnt suit her...why cant go with original hair...

CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: priyav

πŸ˜†she shud remove that wig,doesnt suit her...why cant go with original hair...

ya...they can just show it as her hair got cut off during the surgery😊

ClassE thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It is a wig? πŸ˜• And I was wondering how all actresses have long and beautiful straight hair!!! πŸ˜† . Now I am not all that jealous! πŸ˜›
Amna@20 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ClassE

It is a wig? πŸ˜• And I was wondering how all actresses have long and beautiful straight hair!!! πŸ˜† . Now I am not all that jealous! πŸ˜›

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...Thanx

Word Count: 1