Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monsoonwedding1 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: ZawraMalik

no alu muslims dont..we only believe in Allah..

Salman Khan is Muslim , but even he brings Ganpati bappa home on Ganesh Chaturthi 😊
Queeen thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: monsoonwedding1

Salman Khan is Muslim , but even he brings Ganpati bappa home on Ganesh Chaturthi 😊

nah he himself says he is half muslim half hindu..jo complete muslims hoty hain like we are in palistan we just only believe in Allah bas
Edited by ZawraMalik - 8 years ago
RosyRosh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Anotuer post about thia.. i really dnt get why its an issue or it matters that she was at temple praying to ganesh just cause shes a sikh.
kingmessi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SiyapaaQueen

Anotuer post about thia.. i really dnt get why its an issue or it matters that she was at temple praying to ganesh just cause shes a sikh.

No offence but it's portraying Sikhism falsely because one of our basic fundamentals is we do not do moorti pooja or bow to anyone but our Guru :| On an individual level it's not something we can help but when it's being portrayed falsely on TV and watched (internationally even), it does make people like me, who practice the religion, uncomfortable.

Can't be helped obviously but some of us feel the need to speak up about it. Haven't seen when this was brought up earlier too much so I dunno about that since I've joined this forum not too long ago I might've missed it lol.
princessonline thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I think both of the families are Sikh. I also agree with everyone on here who finds it kind of disrespectful that the cv's don't portray the religion properly. I don't mind them showing that Twinkle goes to different houses of worship, but they need to be more consistent with religion. I feel like in any show where the characters are Sikh, the writers just pick and choose aspects of the Sikh culture they want to highlight. I know a lot shows where the characters are Sikh, but they have Hindu idols in their homes. Sikhs do not do that, and it's, in fact, prohibited like many people have mentioned. I think the writers need to be more culturally aware and portray a religion accurately.

With that said going to a temple that workships Ganesh doesn't make Twinkle a Hindu just as me celebrating Christmas doesn't make me Christian.
RosyRosh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Yeah i understand^ i just dont thinkits anything bad. If anything i find it respectful that shes shown worshipping in a temple. She respects all faiths and im sure thats a positive thing.
So idk. Sucks the show isnt portraying sikhism properly but just cause she is shown in front of shivji doing pooja or in ganesh mandir.. doesnt make her any less sikh i think at least. Im not sikh though so maybe im wrong.
amkir9703 thumbnail

Originally posted by: princessonline

With that said going to a temple that workships Ganesh doesn't make Twinkle a Hindu just as me celebrating Christmas doesn't make me Christian.

Well said. I have no problem with the show respecting other religions. It doesn't make you less loyal to your own religion (you know that saying that your candle won't burn less by lighting another candle). I am a sikh girl who fasts on karva chauth and have been to many mandirs as well as gurdwaras. I hope to go the Ganesh Mandir one day. A lot of the shows on zee show the actors going to various religious sites despite their religions.
Edited by amkir9703 - 8 years ago
kingmessi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SiyapaaQueen

Yeah i understand^ i just dont thinkits anything bad. If anything i find it respectful that shes shown worshipping in a temple. She respects all faiths and im sure thats a positive thing.

So idk. Sucks the show isnt portraying sikhism properly but just cause she is shown in front of shivji doing pooja or in ganesh mandir.. doesnt make her any less sikh i think at least. Im not sikh though so maybe im wrong.

We're definitely no one to say it makes any one less of a Sikh if they're doing so and so. I guess what I'm trying to get at is there's a difference between showing religious freedom and the makers of the show having a certain responsibility in portraying a religion correctly at a basic level.

Other than that to each their own. There are bigger problems in the world 😆
amkir9703 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kingmessi

the makers of the show having a certain responsibility in portraying a religion correctly at a basic level.

True. I agree they should show it correctly.
_Nik_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: amkir9703

Well said. I have no problem with the show respecting other religions. It doesn't make you less loyal to your own religion (you know thatsaying that your candle won't burn less by lighting another candle). I am a sikh girl who fasts on karva chauth and have been to many mandirs as well as gurdwaras. I hope to go the Ganesh Mandir one day. A lot of the shows on zee show the actors going to various religious sites despite their religions.

hey I just had few doubts about Sikhism that's why asked.

and not just bcz twinj went to ganesh temple but I also had doubts about fasting n pagdi

I'm hindu n I go to church with my friends n celebrate Christmas

I'm sorry if I hurt u guys but I just had some doubts plz don't misunderstand me.