Beautiful water color sketch of Virat Kohli by his fanπŸ‘πŸ‘
mamta99 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Word Count: 0

mamta99 thumbnail

Sunil Gavaskar: "To become a good player, you need talent. To become a great player, you need an attitude like Kohli."

Saurav Ganguly: "As of now, Virat Kohli is the greatest batsman of the world."

Ian Chappell: "Virat Kohli is the PRINCE of Indian cricket."

Nasir Hussain: "If I have to pick the best batsmen in world cricket right now, only 2 names come to my mind. One is AB De Villiers and the other is VIRAT KOHLI."

Sanjay Manjrekar: "Virat's success does not surprise you. His failures do."

Michael Clarke: "Watching Kohli Bat, reminds me of Tendulkar"

Viv Richards: "I love watching Virat Kohli bat. He remembers me of myself."

Harbhajan Singh: "Virat thrives in pressure situation. The more the pressure on Virat, better he plays. There aren't too many batsmen in world cricket today, who love chasing and burden of trying to overtake a big score."

Ian Healy: "I have watched Sachin but and I must say he (Kohli) seems to have the ability to bat like him"

mamta99 thumbnail

Virat Kohli - Rewriting record books!

If you thought Kohli was one of the best batsmen of modern day cricket, think again! The prolific right hander has been batting in a league of his own. Last night, Kohli scored his fourth hundred of the 2016 IPL and again shattered many records!

Here's a list of a few milestones passed and reached by our Bold skipper during RCB's mammoth 82 run (D/L method) win at the Chinnaswamy last night:

6224 - Virat Kohli's run tally in T20 matches. He is India's highest run getter in the shortest format.

4002 - Virat Kohli has become the first batsman in the history of IPL to amass 4000 runs thus making him the highest run scorer among all seasons.

2500 - Runs scored by Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle together as a pair in T20 matches.

2042 - Virat Kohli's run tally at the M.Chinnaswamy Stadium. He has become the first batsman to score more than 2000 runs at a single venue.

226 - Kohli's strike rate during his 113 run knock of 50 balls. Apparently, this was the first instance of him scoring at a strike rate of more than 200 in an innings where he has faced 20 or more balls.

120 - The number of sixes yielded by the Royal Challengers Bangalore batsmen in this season. Only KXIP (127 in 2014) are ahead of them. MI also managed 120 sixes in 2015.

47 - Fastest hundred by a captain in the Indian Premier League. He broke Sehwag's record of a 100 in 48 balls against Deccan Chargers playing for Delhi Daredevils in 2011.

16.16 - RCB's run rate in the last 12 overs. They scored less than 6 runs per over in the first three overs of the match last night.

14.06 - RCB's run rate last night. The highest by any team in a single innings in the Indian Premier League.

11 - Instances of Virat Kohli scoring 75 or more runs in T20s this year. This is the most by any batsman in a calendar year.

8 - This was the 8th hundred partnership between Kohli and Gayle. The most by any pair in T20 matches.

4 - Number of hundreds by Virat Kohli in the 2016 IPL. The most by any player in a T20 tournament in a single season. Michael Klinger had hit 3 hundreds in the Natwest Blast. Overall, only Chris Gayle (5) has scored more centuries in the Indian Premier League.

4 - Number of Man of the Match awards won by Virat Kohli in the 2016 IPL. Joint most along with Rohit Sharma.

4 - 4th fifty run opening stand for RCB in the last 6 matches. They failed to reach the 50-run mark in their first 7 matches.

Sources: IPLT20.com, ESPNCricinfo.com

mamta99 thumbnail
exactly...where are all the viratians???
Only i use to roam here
mamta99 thumbnail

Word Count: 0

_shadesnature_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mamta99

exactly...where are all the viratians???
Only i use to roam here

Hmm some active members need here