Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
@Shivam I would have been happy if Sita had accepted that apology properly. That part I felt CVs should have concentrated. Else fine.
Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

But without that knowledge if you venture out in places with men, you put not only yourself but the men who care for you also in the mess. Like what happened with Sita. Her apaharan, what all her husband and devar went through. Today she didnt even acknowledge Lakshman's apology properly, but this man is going to take Brahmastra on himself for her sake.

I don't think I quite understand this :/
I think I do but something is bugging me. For example, I agree with the fact that your parents or the men in your life want the better of you and so that's why you should think about them too. But why should the girl always have to think about this? I know there are ravens in this world also but that's not our fault, girls shouldn't have to stand behind a laxman rekha all the time. It's just unfair :(
My mum always gets cross whenever I go out at night and I know she's only worried that's why. But I don't like anyone being restricted like that, I just find it terribly wrong.
Ram and Laxman went through a lot but so did Sita, it wasn't her fault.
Tinkerfairy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
All i will say that girls should not be blamed for men action's.Be it anything .our indian society had very deep rooted patriachial mindset .Blame always fall on women even if she doesn't ask for it ,I mean "you should not wear shorts ,you should not go outside at night alone.what abou small girls who also got raped by their own relatives who's fault is it then .Best solution is to teach boys about respect ,gender equality etc rather than ask girls not to go out. and teach girls about self defence .yes girls should be careful about surrounding but they should also not compromised their freedom . I hope SkR will present right message of sita abduction .It was not sita' over confidence ,.It was due to, ravan evil intentions his greed his actions that led to abduction .It was ravan's fault not sita's. Till now they have presented sita character very strongly I hope they dont give message that it was because sita crossed "laxman rekha " That's why she suffered.since SKR is ba🥱sed on devdutt patnaik book , they have clearly mentioned that sita was part of adishakti hence she was very much capable to destroy ravan but she didn't choose to.
Edited by meghapatel79 - 8 years ago
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Shruthi, you said exactly what Janaki, Shivam and I were discussing elsewhere 😉
The girl in Sita has not gone. I have a feeling that only during the apharan will Sita understand what Lakshman meant. Sita Ma was in no means like Satyabhama, who was a warrior princess, and could take care of herself. Sita Ma was a strong woman in her own right, but she still needed a safe place. Lakshman was right in saying what he did.
He is concerned about her. She reacts like a child to the scene.
Plus, Ram's vulnerability comes out only in front of Lakshman, as per the epic. Sita knows he is worried or what he is feeling, but only Lakshman sees the emotional breakdown. Here, Ram and Lakshman's relationship is very cold. It is like Ram doesn't love Lakshman as much anymore, and Sita replaced him. I don't mean to offend anyone here, but this is just my POV.
RadhaKrishna_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I don't liked that scene . 😒 Yes , they can show that lakshman saying this to Ram in private but if he has spoken this out of concern for sita is not wrong. Sita should understand what he meant to say afterall he is his brother in law , what he will do will be for the betterment of her. She should say this to lakshman in calm manner not in rude way. Although she felt bad , she would not spoke that way to him , it feel likes she was scolding him. 😡
Even Sita doesn't understand what he want to say , Ram should say to lakshman that he is sorry , if he he is hurt by sita words. sometimes , if feels that he only loves sita and not lakshman 😡 Sorry if anyone feels bad, but its only POV.
And shruti in your post , there was one line that she don't know that he will take brahmastra for her sake, u want to say that when ram-ravan yudh was going on ,Lakshman fell down unconscious from the attack of meghnath. Am I right??
But I want the serial makers to show that sita would feels guilty for scolding lakshman who always cares for her as her son. I even doubt that if they r going to show this???
sometimes she seems to be irritating .
I know many of will don't like my POV, sorry for that . But that scene forced me to write this. Sorry if some of u don't like it ,
Edited by Sumi-19 - 8 years ago
Shivam... thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sumi-19

I don't liked that scene . Yes , they can show that lakshman saying this to Ram in private but if he has spoken this out of concern for sita is not wrong. Sita should understand what he meant to say afterall he is his brother in law , what he will do will be for the betterment of her. She should say this to lakshman in calm manner not in rude way. Although she felt bad , she would not spoke that way to him , it feel likes she was scolding him. [:]
And shruti in your post , there was one line that she don't know that he will take brahmastra for her sake, u want to say that when ram-ravan yudh was going on ,Lakshman fell down unconscious from the attack of meghnath. Am I right??
But I want the serial makers to show that sita would feels guilty for scolding lakshman who always cares for her as her son. I even doubt that if they r going to show this??? [:]
sometimes she seems to be irritating .
I know many of will don't like my POV, sorry for that . But that scene forced me to write this. Sorry if some of u don't like it ,

@bold

Sumi , Meghnath fired many weapons on Lakshmana - Yamastra , Agniastra , Brahmastra , Pashupatastra , Vaishnavastra and his special weapon :

" The shakti spear or fondly known as Barchi "

It was only by the Barchi that Lakshman fell unconsious
RadhaKrishna_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Shivam...

@bold

Sumi , Meghnath fired many weapons on Lakshmana - Yamastra , Agniastra , Brahmastra , Pashupatastra , Vaishnavastra and his special weapon :

" The shakti spear or fondly known as Barchi "

It was only by the Barchi that Lakshman fell unconsious

Thanks for the information shivam bhaiya !!!! 😊
vipraja26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice analysis of te situation Shruti !
Agree with your point of view!
Showing siya's this side was important for the future plot to be justified . As mentioned it was the timing of Lakshman that was not appropriate . Also sita who was hurt on the leg and was already suffering some pain also was a little shocked with the uncertain environment of the jungle reacts in that sharp manner . I guess such things happen so commonly among humans and so the scene seem to have reflected the humanness of Sita. I only hope they show her accepting lakshman's apology and asking for her own at least a little later !
But yes , I do agree with the buildup of the situation at present .

Absolutely agree with you Shruti on the matter of using prudence on the part of women !

Well , in my point of view, the concept of freedom comes with responsibility too!
To say, when we walk into a jungle we need to be aware of its habitit and be well prepared to handle the different situations that might arise . For this both knowledge and ability is a must !

As long as we are aware that the society we live in is still subject to certain perils , it becomes our responsibility to take the precautions !
Of course , there are situations that are very questionable as to how some innocent children in the society get tortured by known relatives etc . That is the reflection of a very unethical society that is around ! This issue though can to an extent be resolved by efficient practices of law and order .

But the larger or the most effective solution is the right living practices in the society that defines the duties and freedom of each towards each other individual! Though such a society may sound very idealistic , so would be too idealistic to expect all the dangers to be under check just by some physical force !
When individuals understand the values of higher living , irrespective of the gender , there would be absolute order in society .
Right kind of Knowledge is power to lead a successful and blissful life !
To act according to the time , space and person is most relevant . One is free to act within these barriers !

sambhavami thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
@TM: I'm sorry I didn't say anything yesterday, but you did hit the nail on the head. I completely agree with you on the points you put forward. It was a two-way mistake. Both Lakshman and Seeta should have been a little more polite.
Cool_wonder thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Yesterday I saw the first glimpse of Sita who will not think twice before ordering laxman with her harsh words to go for the rescue of RAM when maarich shouts out rams name...she says some bitter words to laxman... Laxman gets hurt with her words and requests her not to cross the rekha he made
Yesterday I saw the first glimpse of Sita, who will not understand that crossing the laxman rekha will cost her dearly...

I felt for laxman yesterday... He may have used some wrong words or his timing may have been wrong...but all he said was his bhabi needs a shelter... She is a woman n the forest is full of danger.. Being their kul wadhu, it's their duty to safeguard her

Yet laxman apologies to her ...I though even she would have done the same...
Like shruthi rightly said, she will realize the importance n meaning of laxmans words once she is Ashok vatika, n waiting for Ram to rescue her...she will then realize that laxman said those words for her safety n not considering her as BHAR