Rithvik hosting ' So You think You can Dance 'Ab India ki Baari '

arbi_loves thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Rithvik to host Indian 'So You Think You Can Dance'

Mumbai, April 5: Actor Rithvik Dhanjani has been locked as the host of upcoming dance reality show "So You Think You Can Dance 'Ab India Ki Baari'".

Rithvik, who has previously showcased his anchoring talent in shows like "India's Best Dramebaaz", "Yeh Hai Aashiqui" and "Nach Baliye 7", says he is excited to be a part of the show.

"I'm excited to be part of the world's biggest dance show. What attracted me towards the show, apart from its global popularity, was the format of street versus stage," Rithvik said in a statement.

"So far, we have seen many dance forms. But a concept like this is unexplored and I am sure that the audience will be thrilled to see such a show," he added.

Internationally, "So You Think You Can Dance" features a tiered format wherein dancers from a variety of styles enter open auditions held in multiple cities to showcase their unique styles and talents.

If allowed to move forward, they are put through additional rounds of auditions to test their ability to adapt to different styles. At the end of this process, finalists are chosen.

"So You Think You Can Dance Ab India Ki Baari'" will feature actress Madhuri Dixit, and choreographers Terence Lewis and Bosco Martis as the three judges.

The show will be aired on &TV.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arbi_loves thumbnail

I act even when I am hosting: Rithvik Dhanjani

Rithvik Dhanjani has been part of the TV industry for almost five years now. Besides acting in popular daily soaps like Pavitra Rishta and participating in reality shows, the actor has also garnered popularity as a host. As he readies to anchor a dance-based reality show, which is the Indian adaptation of a hit international series, the actor talks about how he balances acting and hosting, his Bollywood debut, and more.

Are you afraid that people might start considering you more of a host than an actor?
I think I have balanced hosting and acting pretty well. I like doing both, but maybe because most of my recent work has been related to hosting, people remember me more as a host. I like to offer something new every few years. But deep down, I am an actor. I act even when I am hosting, as every show is different. With kids, I am like them; with the youth, I am like any other youngster. So, people haven't seen the real Rithvik yet. There is much more to what I want to do.

Do you get offers for daily soaps?
Yes. I am all for TV, but I want to be part of shows that stand out. Currently, there are only a handful of serials that stand out from the 50-60 shows on air. Most of the content on TV is regressive. On the one hand, we talk about moving ahead, and then, on the other hand, we have shows that are setting us back by 10-15 years. As an actor, I feel there isn't much to explore on TV. So, if I get better work as a host, why wouldn't I do it?

What is the update on your debut film that's being produced by Ekta Kapoor?
It is coming along fine, and is near completion. It has been a great experience, and is going to be massive. But I can't talk about it yet.

You and Asha Negi (girlfriend) have been open about your relationship from the very beginning. Does that put pressure on you two to tie the knot soon?
Not really. The only pressure you put on yourself is the one you want to. No one else can pressurise you. We are too young and happy in love. I am only 27. Let us live our lives.

http://read.ht/BCyr

arbi_loves thumbnail
Comment for Rithvik:

Rithvik Dhanjani to host the Indian version of 'So You Think You Can Dance'

Actor Rithvik Dhanjani has been locked as the host of upcoming dance reality show "So You Think You Can Dance -Ab India Ki Baari".

Actor Rithvik Dhanjani has been locked as the host of the upcoming dance reality show "So You Think You Can Dance -Ab India Ki Baari".

Rithvik, who has previously showcased his anchoring talent in shows like "India's Best Dramebaaz", "Yeh Hai Aashiqui" and "Nach Baliye 7", says he is excited to be a part of the show.

"I'm excited to be part of the world's biggest dance show. What attracted me towards the show, apart from its global popularity, was the format of street versus stage," Rithvik said in a statement.

"So far, we have seen many dance forms. But a concept like this is unexplored and I am sure that the audience will be thrilled to see such a show," he added.

Internationally, "So You Think You Can Dance" features a tiered format wherein dancers from a variety of styles enter open auditions held in multiple cities to showcase their unique styles and talents.

If allowed to move forward, they are put through additional rounds of auditions to test their ability to adapt to different styles. At the end of this process, finalists are chosen.

"So You Think You Can Dance 'Ab India Ki Baari'" will feature actress Madhuri Dixit and choreographers Terence Lewis and Bosco Martis as the three judges.

The show will be aired on &TV.

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/31175-rithvik-dhanjani-to-host-the-indian-version-of-o-you-think-you-c.htm

Profile PM Like
style14 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for making the thread Uma..
All the Best Rithvik!!!
style14 thumbnail
AshVik Land FC Retweeted
Alicia @aalu_RD Mumbai, India

RD in between the shoot.....Sorry for clicking u without telling.. but #Ashvikans ke khatir.....

Rithvik Dhanjani
style14 thumbnail
srashtikushwaha

With the humble and cute host @rithvik_d
#soyouthinkyoucandance

style14 thumbnail
HT Entertainment @htshowbiz

.@rithvik_RD to host So You Think You Can Dance's Indian version http://read.ht/BCvW

style14 thumbnail

Rithvik Dhanjani to host Indian 'So You Think You Can Dance'

Actor Rithvik Dhanjani has been locked as the host of upcoming dance reality show "So You Think You Can Dance 'Ab India Ki Baari'".

Rithvik, who has previously showcased his anchoring talent in shows like 'India's Best Dramebaaz', 'Yeh Hai Aashiqui' and 'Nach Baliye 7', says he is excited to be a part of the show.

"I'm excited to be part of the world's biggest dance show. What attracted me towards the show, apart from its global popularity, was the format of street versus stage," Rithvik said in a statement. "So far, we have seen many dance forms. But a concept like this is unexplored and I am sure that the audience will be thrilled to see such a show," he added.

Internationally, 'So You Think You Can Dance' features a tiered format wherein dancers from a variety of styles enter open auditions held in multiple cities to showcase their unique styles and talents. If allowed to move forward, they are put through additional rounds of auditions to test their ability to adapt to different styles. At the end of this process, finalists are chosen.

"So You Think You Can Dance 'Ab India Ki Baari'" will feature actress Madhuri Dixit, and choreographers Terence Lewis and Bosco Martis as the three judges. The show will be aired on &TV.

style14 thumbnail
AshVik Land FC Retweeted
Lehren SmallScreen @LSmallScreen

Rithvik Dhanjani And Mouni Roy To Host New Reality Show | So You Think You Can Dancehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KH6FtLJQNQ ...

style14 thumbnail
TOI - TV Times @toitv

.@rithvik_RD to host the Indian @DANCEonFOX with @Roymouni @AndTVOfficialhttp://goo.gl/5zNnHZ