Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SudhaSangeet thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
The only period when I saw Balika vadhu, was when Pratyusha played 'Anandi' very few serials which I followed. We all in family liked her.
Wonder why at this fragile moment so many peoples duae dont work for the person we like/love.
MysticNights thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I am still in shock that she is no more...it felt just like yesterday we saw her in balika vadhu or sasural simar ka...
among all the neg bashing at least there is something good written about her

Pratyusha Banerjee : Journey Of A Star - IN PICS - #TRIBUTE

http://www.fuzionproductions.com/pratyusha-banerjee-journey-of-a-star-pics/
libsrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: leavesandwaves

Sometimes I feel parents and elders are needed to be with their grownup children too until they settle down. Children may resent parental interference but ultimatley it is the parents who really care for them. Atleast the loneliness can be avoided. Parents also know where their children are headed.

@leaves
Personally i feel that her parents were unwise to let her go to a new and big city like Mumbai all alone! When you take such life-changing step, you need guidance of someone older and wiser than you! Every person needs a mentor or guide! Unfortunately, Pratyusha did not seem to have one! While she was lucky enough to acquire good and mature friends like Anup, Smita, Shashank and Siddharth while being in BV, she seemed to have gotten more close to wrong people than right ones! According to news reports, most of her BV co-stars were not even in contact with her for last few months! She seemed more close to friends like Sara, Rahul, Dolly and others. Now i cannot say what kind of people they are in real life but majority of them have remained in news for all the wrong reasons. On top of that, lack of parental support and guidance did not help much in her life. Friends might be close and trustworthy but they cannot devote their time and emotions on you like parents!
CosmoCoCo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Pratyusha had both kind of friends Good and bad While her friends from BV cast like Shashank , Neha Marda , Siddharth , Anup , Smita, Sheetal these all were good company of friends , even director Pradeep Yadav but unfortunately she got more closer to wrong friends and spend most of her time with them that affected her life badly Like Pradeep Yadav has said bad company of friends leads to bad decisions I think same happened with Pratyusha Till she was in BV and more in company of good friends life was going great for her but more she got in company of wrong friends life messed up for her and ended up so tragically
Edited by _Hannah_ - 8 years ago
Sutapasima thumbnail
TOI:

Pratyusha Banerjee suicide: All was not well in the actress' personal life, friends say

PTI | Apr 2, 2016,

As the Mumbai police are probing the alleged suicide of television actress Pratyusha Banerjee, some of her friends said things were not going well in her personal life. The 24 years old actress, known for her role in the TV serial 'Balika Vadhu', was found hanging from the ceiling at her house yesterday.

"There were injury marks on her nose, under her eyes. We have taken pictures (as a proof)...police are probing domestic violence angle. We will give our statement to the police," Pratyusha's actress friend Kamya Punjabi told reporters today. Producer Vikas Gupta said he had offered a show to Pratyusha, but she was not keen to accept the offer because of the trouble in her personal life.

"She was having trouble in her personal life. She had distanced us from her so we don't know exactly what happened. She was away from her family...we used to meet her everyday. As friends we know she was having problem," Vikas said. Kamya, as well as actress Smita Bansal and Vikas also denied the reports that she had financial problems.

"She was not facing any financial problem as alleged. She had never asked for money from us. She had done a reality show recently," Kamya said.

Actress Surbhi Chaterjee, who knew Pratyusha for around fifteen years, said Pratyusha was excited about her marriage with her boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh when they spoke a fortnight ago. "Pratyusha was a very bold girl... she cannot commit suicide," Surbhi said.

Sutapasima thumbnail
TOI:

Pratyusha Banerjee suicide: Autopsy finds strangulation marks on actress' neck

IANS | Apr 2, 2016

rangulation marks were detected on the neck of popular TV actress Pratyusha Banerjee, indicating death due to asphyxiation and hanging, according to a preliminary autopsy on Saturday evening.

The "Balika Vadhu" actress was found hanging from a fan in her suburban Goregaon residence on Friday evening by her boyfriend and television actor Rahul Raj Singh. She was taken to hospital but succumbed there later. A team of doctors conducted the post-mortem for over three hours and the entire procedure has been videographed. The viscera samples have been sent for forensic analysis even as the final autopsy report is expected later.

Though officials declined to comment, a tattoo bearing the name 'Rahul' - purportedly referring to her boyfriend - was found on her upper back.

Pratyusha's last rites were subsequently carried out at the Oshiwara Crematorium in the presence of her tearful parents, other family members, her friends, actors and co-stars from the television industry. Rahul was questioned by police on Saturday in an attempt to unravel the probable reasons behind her shocking suicide that left the entertainment industry stunned. The glamour industry is rife with speculation about her disturbed personal life, her suspected uneasy relationship with Rahul and other aspects that may have prompted her to resort to the extreme step.

Several television industry personalities have claimed on social media networks that Pratyusha was a strong-willed personality and they could not digest she could end her life in this manner. Prior to Pratyusha, several high-profile suicides of young women rocked the entertainment capital of India, including models-actresses like Nafisa Joseph, Kuljeet Randhawa, Viveka Babajee, Jiah Khan, Shikha Joshi and Ruby Singh, in the past decade or so.

Sutapasima thumbnail
TOI:

Sara Khan: Piyu attempted suicide twice in the last two months

Tanvi Trivedi | TNN | Apr 3, 2016

y after Pratyusha's alleged suicide, in a shocking revelation, her friend actress Sara Khan says, "Piyu (Pratyusha) tried committing suicide twice in the last two months. My maid, who used to work at her place earlier, told me a few days ago that she had tried to consume poison once and on another occasion, had tried to jump out from her balcony."

Sara adds, "Both times, the maid managed to save her, but she quit the job because she was unable to handle the stress." According to her, Pratyusha was keen to marry Rahul soon.

"She constantly asked Rahul when they would tie the knot and sometimes even wore sindoor. She had even kept her wedding joda ready. There was too much tension between them, as Rahul would constantly comment on her previous relationships. That would affect her. Recently his ex-girlfriend Saloni had come to their house and they had a showdown"

Sutapasima thumbnail
TOI:

The last time we met Pratyusha...

Neha Maheshwri | TNN | Apr 3, 2016

JUst a fortnight ago, Pratyusha Banerjee (best known as Anandi from 'Balika Vadhu') made an appearance at our Times Food Guide Awards, and we could see that something was amiss.

The usually happy person had given way to an emotionally drained girl. The once radiant and stylish actress (she loved elaborate eye make-up and fancy hairdos) seemed lost. Her smile was forced and her eyes reflected the turmoil she was probably going through.

Her boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh was to accompany her to the event, but he was nowhere in sight. "He was supposed to come along but I don't know where he is," she said vaguely. A clear indication that the couple was not on the same page, not at least on that day.

Pratyusha had her share of relationships, but it was only after she met Rahul around a year ago that marriage became the focus of her life. "When we get married, the world will know. And that will happen soon," she told us on December 13, 2015, in an interview. However, in January this year, Rahul called us to inform that the two had split. But when we approached them the next day to check the status of their relationship, they seemed to have reconciled and claimed all was well. A friend of the couple says, "It was a turbulent relationship with constant fights, but they would always patch up. She also inked Rahul's name on her nape around Valentine's Day. Monetary issues and probably other addictions made matters worse."

Apparently, the couple were together on 01st April at their Goregaon residence, the day she allegedly committed suicide. According to reports, Rahul had stepped out for a while to get food when she hanged herself.

Sutapasima thumbnail
TOI:

Anuj Saxena: I heard Pratyusha crying on the phone, I wish I'd rung the bell

Seema Mattoo | TNN | Apr 3, 2016

Anuj Sachdeva, who was Pratyusha's neighbour and lived on the same floor, narrates what happened on Friday, the day she allegedly committed suicide.

He says "At around 12.30 pm, I stepped out of my home and was waiting for the lift, when I overheard Pratyusha crying and talking loudly. I could not understand what she was saying, but I guessed she was on the phone as there was no other voice. I thought of ringing her bell to check on her but the lift arrived and I was in a hurry to leave."

Anuj further adds, "I got to know Pratyusha and Rahul only three months ago. We exchanged pleasantries whenever we came face to face. I didn't even know that they were planning to get married soon."

The actor wishes he had reached out to Pratyusha on Friday, "She wasn't that close to me and that was one of the reasons that I did not ring the bell when I heard her cry. Sometimes you feel that you are unnecessarily interfering in someone's life and they may not like it. But how I wish I had."
Sutapasima thumbnail
TOI:

Rohit Verma: I suggested a coral and gold wedding dress for Pratyusha

Vinita Chaturvedi | TNN | Apr 3, 2016

Sobbing inconsolably, designer Rohit Verma is just not able to believe that his friend Pratyusha Banerjee is no more.

He says in-between the sobs: "I was in London when Pratyusha called me quite a few times on my India number and then I called her back on WhatsApp. She invited me for her Holi party, but I told her that I couldn't attend as I was overseas. She was very happy and wanted me to plan her wedding dress. She asked me what kind of dress would I plan for her and I told her an ornate dress in coral and gold would be just right for her. And she was quite pleased with the colour scheme. I asked her whether she had set a date and she told me 'It's a surprise. I haven't told anyone yet. But I want to be ready for the occasion'."

Rohit goes on to add, "Pratyusha and I spoke again on March 28, after I came back from London. She said that she would come to my store in the first week of April to look at some of the wedding dresses, as she was caught up with some work. I asked her how was Rahul and she said he was fine. So, this news of their having broken up is completely untrue. They were living together till the end. That guy Rahul already has quite a few cases against him in various police stations in Mumbai. As soon as I heard the news of her death, I rushed to the hospital. But I didn't have the heart to look at her body!"