Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RatiG thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
I am not her fan never was, but I was shocked to see this news while I was in gym, only thought that came was... I wished that she would have made one call to anyone and was close to .. or anyone who heard her cry could go to her and consoled her.. what pain she must be going through that she took such a step. I wish she could have founded anyone person who she could hold on to.
She should have called someone, this is the problem of strong people they don't ask for help and keep struggling and fighting with themselves
Sutapasima thumbnail
TOI:

Pratyusha and Rahul had smashed their window pane, says the security guard

Mumbai Mirror | Apr 4, 2016

nvestigating TV actor Pratyusha Banerjee's alleged suicide at her Goregaon home interrogated her live-in partner Rahul Raj Singh throughout the day on 2nd April, amid claims from her parents that their daughter could not have killed herself since she was a 'very strong' person.

The Bangur Nagar police recorded Singh's statement till late last evening, and he told them everything was "normal" between the couple and they were even planning to get married. He claimed Pratyusha was depressed because she was not getting good roles and he was trying to help her out.

He told the officials he had left home on Friday afternoon for a meeting, and upon returning around 5 pm, found her hanging from the ceiling in her bedroom. He rushed her to Kokilaben Hospital in Andheri with the help of a neighbour's domestic worker.

When Pratyusha was declared dead on admission, Singh informed her parents, but he reportedly disappeared from the hospital at night and went incommunicado. He met police officials only on Saturday morning, by which time Pratyusha's parents had arrived in the city from Jamshedpur in Jharkhand, where they live. They met the Bangur Nagar police officials and in the evening, claimed her body, after a post-mortem had been conducted at Siddharth Hospital. Doctors, who will send her viscera samples for forensic analysis, have reserved their opinion on the cause of death until they receive the report.

At the time of handing over her remains, police officials briefly spoke to Pratyusha's parents, who stated that their daughter was "a very strong woman" and could not have ended her own life. "Pratyusha's mother told us her daughter was a fighter and would never have taken a step like suicide for any reason. She said the police should investigate the incident and find out the truth behind it," said a senior officer from Bangur Nagar police station.

So far, the police have lodged an accidental death report in the case. DCP (Zone XI) Vikram Deshmane said, "The provisional cause of death is asphyxia, since ligature marks were found on her neck. The final cause will be confirmed once all the reports are out. The statements of her parents and relatives have been recorded, and Rahul Singh's statement is being recorded."

The police said they were informed about the incident around 7.15pm on Friday, and when they arrived at Pratyusha's seventh floor apartment in Harmony building, they found it locked, which raised suspicion. Her bedroom door was also locked. Later at night, after the police team managed to get in with a duplicate key, they searched the house but didn't find any suicide note.

"Her live-in partner Rahul, who found her body, rushed her to Kokilaben Hospital. Her building's security guard told us the doors probably got locked automatically when Rahul shut them on his way out. After gaining access using a duplicate key, we searched the flat for a suicide note or any other clues, but have found nothing so far," said a police official, adding that a forensic team had visited the apartment.

As per her building's entry log, Pratyusha was visited by a friend on Thursday night but was alone for most of Friday. Only a laundryman had visited her flat in the morning, as per the register. Cops said Pratyusha committed suicide around 3pm, and Singh, upon reaching home a couple of hours later, found it locked. So he sought help from a neighbour's cook, who then jumped into their balcony and opened the door, according to Singh's statement.

Pratyusha's laptop and two cell phones as well as Singh's phone have been seized for forensic analysis. Cops have also sought the duo's call detail records to ascertain if there was any rift in their relationship, as some of their common friends claim.

Pratyusha and Singh had been living in the Goregaon apartment for the last two-three months, after shifting from Kandivali. Their neighbours said they didn't interact much with the couple but were shocked because "things seemed fine between them".

Police sources, though, found out through the couple's common friends they often had bitter quarrels and were apparently facing financial problems. "The security guards said that around two months ago, the duo had smashed their windowpane during an argument. Some of Pratyusha's friends also said their fights got violent at times. We're investigating all these angles," said a police source.

Friends and acquaintances of the couple who gathered at the hospital gave conflicting versions about Singh's disposition. Heer Patel, a TV actor, said that Singh was a "serial cheater" involved in several relationships, and duped women financially too.

"He's a small-time actor who failed in the industry and resorted to foul means to make money. I gave him a loan of Rs 25 lakh but he didn't return a rupee, and instead tried to implicate me in a kidnapping case. We have an ongoing case in the court. He has also cheated a travel agency and numerous other women. He was married to an air hostess but got divorced and never revealed it to anyone. I have all the proof against him, and am sure he harassed Pratyusha like everyone else before her," she told Mirror.

Sheetal Malviya, Singh's former business partner, said they had started an event management firm named Magnum Opus in 2010 but he duped her and disappeared. "He has been doing this to everyone. The police must investigate his background as he has duped scores of gullible women in the industry," Malviya said.

Some friends, however, said Singh had no role in the death. "I know him very well. He has never done anyone any harm. He was involved in acting, production and event management and had a cordial relationship with Pratyusha. The two were soon to get married. They met us on Holi and everything was fine between them," she said. Several other industry colleagues attested to this version of events, and counter-claimed that Singh had never married.

Pratyusha played the popular character Anandi on TV show Balika Vadhu from 2010 to 2013. She also appeared in reality shows Bigg Boss and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.

leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Who to believe and who not to believe?
ButterflyOnRose thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
If it would be murder then post mortem report would have cleared it until or unless the doctors are bribed to change the report The report stated she died because of hanging to ceiling fan There havent been any such thing found which can show she was forcefully hanged to the ceiling fan or she was hanged to the fan after being killed

All i can conclude from various news sources That Pratyusha was very excited about marrying Rahul Like one of her friend said He last talked to her on march 28th , 2016 , when she excitedly asked him to design her wedding dress , even invited him on holi . All her friends are saying Pratyusha was very serious about Rahul and very excited for her marriage with him but i think he cheated her at the last moment ,His true face came in front of her There are news about him being in relationship with ex girlfriend too and two timing with both girls , he must have refused to marry Prats , must have been rude and violent to her Heartbroken Pratyusha under the heat of emotions took this drastic step This is her second relationship failure as much as i know Her first relation ended up quite badly as well and probably she could not bear the second time and took this step in heat of emotions , anger , frustration , heartbroken ..

i wish she would have called some of her friend, she has so many good friends in the industry She could have called her friends shared her heart with that friend instead of taking this step

Edited by BeatifulSoul_ - 8 years ago
Missesha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
@ Sidra... I also think on similar lines as you do.

Suicide is normally a spur of a moment decision taken under heat of negative emotions. Suicide is not something that people plan tactfully or thoughtfully.

Something must have enraged her and prompted her to take her life. And since she was alone, with nobody there to stop her or divert her mind; she ended up becoming a victim of her own negative emotions.

What happened is too bad. I don't why but it's too hard to digest someone in Prat's shoes could do this.

Sometimes, success is the reason why people fail. Pratyusha's glamorous success is the reason why her life turned out to be a much difficult mess than it should have been.

I truly hope her soul rests in peace and may justice be done to her.

Edited by Missesha - 8 years ago
Shinya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeatifulSoul_

If it would be murder then post mortem report would have cleared it until or unless the doctors are bribed to change the report The report stated she died because of hanging to ceiling fan There havent been any such thing found which can show she was forcefully hanged to the ceiling fan or she was hanged to the fan after being killed

All i can conclude from various news sources That Pratyusha was very excited about marrying Rahul Like one of her friend said He last talked to her on march 28th , 2016 , when she excitedly asked him to design her wedding dress , even invited him on holi . All her friends are saying Pratyusha was very serious about Rahul and very excited for her marriage with him but i think he cheated her at the last moment ,His true face came in front of her There are news about him being in relationship with ex girlfriend too and two timing with both girls , he must have refused to marry Prats , must have been rude and violent to her Heartbroken Pratyusha under the heat of emotions took this drastic step This is her second relationship failure as much as i know Her first relation ended up quite badly as well and probably she could not bear the second time and took this step in heat of emotions , anger , frustration , heartbroken ..

i wish she would have called some of her friend, she has so many good friends in the industry She could have called her friends shared her heart with that friend instead of taking this step

I totally agree with you... if it was a murder her postmortem, would have indicated that.

Rahul is just a TV actor, not a minister's son to say that they gave a false report to support him. And the hospital where the autobiopsy was done was a govt hospital.

I cant belive they gave a false report.
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This is just shocking and unnerving, even for someone like me who is a Pratyusha basher!
😔

extremely unfortunate and the way the developments around the case are, I duno, I somehow feel even more horrible...murder? suicide? driven to suicide? all of 24 and she succumbed to the blackhole that was sucking her in..:((

its definitely a wake up call to actually the way the whole industry is functioning right now..the way vulnerabilities are being exploited, more than half of the girls starring as leads in the dailies are around 20 or below..they taste success early and then there is no consistency..half of them are thrown into oblivion, with mounting EMIs..naa ghar ke naa ghaat ke..and being in the wrong company! Pratyusha definitely had a lot of growing up to do..and its sad that she got warped into an abusive relationship, of all things, before she developed a thicker skin and a certain amount of level-headedness and street smartness..survival of the fittest is the norm of this industry..also I wish she was able to look through her creep, disgusting boyfriend..well in advance..

dont want to dig up the past though..I just wish this did not have to happen..she, like any normal twenty something, deserved a peaceful and happy life..the kind she dreamt of..

and that loser asshole Rahul should be punished..W*F was his fake crying yikes! there is definitely something fishy here..her friends seemed convinced that it is a murder..Rahul's father himself gives off sadak chaap gunda vibes..on top of it all the OTT drama of Rahul faking depression and getting admitted to hospital and all that bull!

hope truth and justice both prevail!

faryal-malik thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Pratyusha had such a tragic life Once she was living such a dreamy life but then it ended up in such a nightmarish way

When she was selected to play Anandi and all the fame she achieved with it , was a dream for every young girl who aspires to be an actor Not only young artists but even seniors would be envying the success she enjoyed with BV and became a household name She enjoyed audience and critical praise both but post BV she made very wrong career choices Big Boss being her biggest mistake which affected her public image badly and her career started downfalling and it fell down so much She fell into wrong company of friends who are always in news for all the wrong reasons . The kind of life she was leading with them is itself very depressing . She only looked sorted out and composed with her friends from BV and i wish she would have sticked with them only but she got more closer to the wrong people and was always in news with them for all the wrong reasons . Her both boyfriends were number 1 jerks She gave her heart to wrong guys who never cared for her emotions , never sincerely loved her , abused her , abused her trust and emotions and finally she committed suicide depressed with the betrayal of her second boyfriend

so heartbreaking , so saddening . Its very tragic that the girl who had all the potential to become a great actress , will now be remembered as one of tragic female actresses of indian entertainment industry 😭

RIP Pratyusha Banerjee May your soul finds eternal peace Amen

Edited by faryal-malik - 8 years ago

It all looks like a well co-ordinated plan- Kamya Punjabi

Pratyusha Banerjee's closest buddies Vikas Gupta, Shashank Vyas, Leena Dias, Kamya Punjabi and legal adviser and lawyer Falguni Bhramabhatt clarify various rumours surrounding her death

Read the article here

Vox Pop: TV stars react to Prayusha Banerjee's death

04 Apr 2016 05:00 PM

Pratyusha Banerjee was loved and revered by many in the industry and her sudden demise have left everyone in shock. Her industry friends and colleague shared their thoughts on the really bereaving development.

Sargun Mehta

I used to know Pratyusha socially. She was always vibrant and positive. I am at a loss of words. We don't lack emotional support we lack non-judgmental friends. Everybody is out there to judge you for right from what you wear to what you do to who you are dating . The stress to live up to the expectations of others or to have a happier or more successful life as compared to others lead to depression. We need to learn to be happy with ourselves, know who we are and believe in that. Let nobody else decide for us...not our work not our relationships not our success not our failures. When something like this happens you tend to look at yourself and ask yourself that why is it that we crib about so many things in life. What is it that we actually want that gives us happiness not only for this one moment but for our entire lifetime. End of a beautiful life before it's time. I hope she finds peace where she is now