Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
TOI:

Pratyusha's boyfriend detained for questioning over her death

TNN,Apr 3, 2016

Though no foul play is suspected in television actor Pratyusha Banerjee's suicide, Rahul Raj, her actor-producer boyfriend, was detained for questioning on Saturday as he had gone incommunicado the previous night.

Pratyusha, who made her name playing Anandi in 'Balika Vadhu', was found hanging in her seventh-floor apartment at Goregaon (West) on Friday. Rahul rushed her to hospital and informed the cops. Thereafter, he dialled someone well-versed in law. On the man's advice, Rahul slipped away from the hospital and switched off his phone. Police picked him up on Saturday as he had behaved in a suspicious manner.

"Pratyusha's parents said she had told them about frequent fights with Rahul but the two used to patch up usually. Her parents have not made any specific complaint against Rahul. They want us to probe what drove Pratyusha to the edge and whether Rahul was responsible," said a senior official.

Rahul was married to an airhostess earlier and had got divorced. Her family, friends and neighbours claimed Rahul and Pratyusha were in a tumultous relationship. "Rahul was opposed to her drinking and the two bickered a lot about it. They were also facing financial trouble," said a police official.

Pratyusha's autopsy showed ligature marks on her neck and a history of asphyxia. "Around 12.30pm on Friday, I left home to drop my househelp to the railway station. I heard Pratyusha howling inside her flat. I wondered if I should knock and ask her what the matter is. But I decided against it as it was their personal matter. After learning of her death later, I wish I had knocked," said actor Anuj Sachdeva, a neighbour of the couple.

On Friday afternoon, Rahul left home to meet someone. He called up Pratyusha who sounded "very depressed". He then decided to return home and picked up food for her. But on reaching home, he could not find his keys. He went back to a paan stall where he had forgotten these. Pratyusha had doublelocked the door so he couldn't get in. He tried to open the door unsuccessfully with his car tools before summoning a keymaker.

"The keymaker struggled to unlock the door. Meanwhile, a cook working in an adjacent flat, offered to enter the window of Pratyusha's flat from outside. The cook saw Pratyusha hanging from the fan and let Rahul and the keymaker into the house. Rahul held the body while the keymaker cut off the dupatta she had used for hanging," said a resident.

Seven statements were recorded by the police on Saturday, including that of the keymaker. The CCTV footage of the Goregaon society, which shows Rahul leaving and returning, has been seized. Actor Sara Khan said Pratyusha had tried to kill herself twice in the past two months.

Sutapasima thumbnail
TOI:

TV fraternity shell-shocked at Pratyusha's tragic demise

When the news of Balika Vadhu fame Pratyusha Banerjee's suicide trickled online on Friday night, a lot of people thought it was a cruel April Fool's joke. Unfortunately, it wasn't. The 24-year-old actor allegedly took her life on Friday afternoon. Before Pratyusha, other celebs like Jiah Khan, Nafisa Joseph, Viveka Babajee and Kuljeet Randhawa had also chosen to put an end to their lives.

I am feeling numb: Kamya Punjabi

Financial woes couldn't have killed her: Kushal Tandon

Rahul is responsible: Sara Khan

She had started drinking a lot: Vivek Mishra

She was a very strong girl: Rashami Desai

Yeh bahut galat hua: Dolly Bindra

I danced with her at a party recently: VJ Andy

She was not the one to give up: Sangram Singh

(Credits: Anjali Shetty)
RainbowKitty thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Rahul parents are saying Prats was bankrupted and used to take loans from them 😕They are trying to prove themselves as greats if their son is so paisa wala then why he did not pay bills for the party he arranged for prats on her birthday ?He gave surprise to her At that time he was claiming this party is from him to her and when he did not pay bills they are putting the blame on prats she was bankrupted and did not pay the bills Wah
I think police should give two zor daar dandas to Rahul on his behind He will tell everything
Edited by Hina- - 8 years ago
Sutapasima thumbnail
TOI:

Pratyusha Banerjee was dressed as bride for last rites

IANS | Apr 3, 2016

TV actress Pratyusha Banerjee, 24, who was found hanging from a ceiling fan at her residence here, was dressed like a bride in a designer lehenga for her last rites. Pratyusha's last rites took place at the Oshiwara crematorium grounds here on Saturday evening. The "Balika Vadhu" actress was dressed in red.

tress Pratyusha Banerjee, 24, who was found hanging from a ceiling fan at her residence here, was dressed like a bride in a designer lehenga for her last rites. Pratyusha's last rites took place at the Oshiwara crematorium grounds here on Saturday evening. The "Balika Vadhu" actress was dressed in red.

Sutapasima thumbnail
TOI:

Pratyusha Banerjee's boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh admitted to hospital

TNN | Apr 3, 2016

TV actress Pratyusha Banerjee's boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, who was detained by Police for investigation in connection with the former's suicide case, has been reportedly admitted to a hospital in hysterical state.

According to an entertainment portal, Rahul, who is currently out of detention has been admitted in Shree Sai Hospital, Kandivili East. The report stated that he has been behaving wild, shouting and yelling after Pratyusha's tragic death. The report further quoted Rahul's lawyer, Neeraj Gupta, saying that Rahul is depressed and restless after Pratyusha's death. He said that the actor was brought to the hospital and his condition is still unstable.

Shinya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: libsrocks

@leaves
Personally i feel that her parents were unwise to let her go to a new and big city like Mumbai all alone! When you take such life-changing step, you need guidance of someone older and wiser than you! Every person needs a mentor or guide! Unfortunately, Pratyusha did not seem to have one! While she was lucky enough to acquire good and mature friends like Anup, Smita, Shashank and Siddharth while being in BV, she seemed to have gotten more close to wrong people than right ones! According to news reports, most of her BV co-stars were not even in contact with her for last few months! She seemed more close to friends like Sara, Rahul, Dolly and others. Now i cannot say what kind of people they are in real life but majority of them have remained in news for all the wrong reasons. On top of that, lack of parental support and guidance did not help much in her life. Friends might be close and trustworthy but they cannot devote their time and emotions on you like parents!

What she did is indeed sad but why blame parents and friends for her decision to end her life?

She was not a child, but a grown up adult... You can tell a child what they should do and what they should not, not a 25 yr old mature person.

Also, not all people commit suicide when faced with problems. Only some have a suicidal tendencies.

In the west, depression is taken as seriously as cancer. When you visit doctor, they also check if you are going through depression by asking you questions.

Sorry, I had to write this because I felt it was not right to blame parents. As is it is they must be going through guilt.

Sutapasima thumbnail
TOI:

Buzz: Is Saloni Sharma the alleged other woman in Pratyusha-Rahul's relationship?

TNN | Apr 3, 2016,

Ever since popular TV actress Pratyusha Banerjee committed suicide, reports about her turbulent relationship with boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, started doing the rounds. Now, the latest buzz is that Pratyusha apparently learnt about her boyfriend's affair with another TV actress, Saloni Sharma. Reports further claim that Saloni Sharma often fought with Pratyusha and Rahul. Saloni is also a TV actress and was recently a part of &TV's 'Santoshi Maa'.

Pratyusha's close friend and actress, Dolly Bindra, told media that Rahul was involved with Saloni Sharma and this might be one of the reasons behind their ugly fights.

Meanwhile, when an entertainment portal contacted Saloni Sharma, she denied the news. She stated that she doesn't have any involvement with this case. She also denied having an affair with Pratyusha Banerjee's boyfriend.

Sutapasima thumbnail
TOI:

Pratyusha Banerjee wanted to file case against her parents, claims Rahul's father

PTI | Apr 3, 2016,

Two days after TV actress Pratyusha Banerjee was found dead at her residence, her boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh was today hospitalized after he complained of breathing problems before he was to face a second day of questioning by police over her death. Rahul, a TV producer, was taken to Shree Sai Hospital in suburban Kandivali after he complained of chest pain, low blood pressure and a bout of depression.

"Rahul has been admitted to ICU. His condition is very fragile. He hasn't eaten. He is in a state of depression after Pratyusha's death. The doctors say if this continues, he will have brain haemorrhage," his lawyer Neeraj Gupta said.

24-year-old Pratyusha, who shot to fame with the portrayal of Anandi in hit TV series "Balika Vadhu", was found hanging from a ceiling fan at her home on April 1, in what appeared to be a case of suicide. The reason for the extreme step is not yet known, but Pratyusha was reportedly facing problems in her relationship with Rahul.

Speculation was rife that Pratyusha was two months pregnant at the time of her death. This was, however, scotched by the investigating officer, who said they have not received any report by the doctors which suggest that the actress was pregnant.

"She wasn't pregnant because the doctors have not informed the police verbally or in writing about it. Her viscera report which will come in a month will give a proper analysis. If there is any pregnancy indication in that report, then we will ask Rahul and her friends about it," an investigating officer told PTI.

Police said that Pratyusha and Rahul's common friends told them that the couple were planning to get married on April 14, on the auspicious occasion of Bengali New Year.

Rahul's father Harshwardhan has said that Pratyusha had money troubles and had taken a loan of Rs 50 lakh for her parents. "Pratyusha had come to Ranchi. She told me she wanted to get married to Rahul... Pratyusha had said she wanted to file a case against her parents. She never had any bank account. It was joint account and her money was being handled by her parents," Harshwardhan told reporters.

"All her money was taken by her parents. She had taken loan for more than Rs 50 lakh for her parents. She was under pressure because of this. Financiers used to call her. I used to send money to Pratyusha, sometimes Rs 10,000. If she was earning well then why did she go bankrupt." Taking the investigation further after police launched a probe in the suicide case yesterday, cops are planning to reach out to friends (particularly males) of Pratyusha who in the past may have had tiffs with the actress.

"We will further check Facebook and Twitter accounts of Rahul and Pratyusha and would also inquire with their common friends with regard to the case," a police official said here. If there is any contradiction, Rahul will be further questioned, he said.

A team of investigators went this morning to Pratyusha's house in Goregaon to look for evidence. Yesterday, Rahul's statement was recorded till late in the evening at Bangurnagar police station. Also, police searched Pratyusha's house and had found two mobile phones. According to police, the probe so far had not found anything pointing to abetment of suicide by Rahul.

Besides, Pratyusha's parents didn't level any allegations against Rahul in their statement. Her parents said Pratyusha and her boyfriend did fight sometimes, but patched up soon thereafter. Some of Pratyusha's friends, however, said that things were not going well in her personal life.

According to police, the actress, prima facie, committed suicide in her flat in 'At Harmony' building in Goregaon after which she was taken to Kokilaben Hospital in suburban Andheri by her friend, where she was declared brought dead.

As per preliminary report of doctors, "provisional cause of death" was asphyxia, a police officer said. Her viscera has been sent to a lab for chemical analysis, and its report only would conclusively decide the cause of death. Her last rites were performed at Oshiwara crematorium last evening.

Pratyusha was 18 when she was selected to play the grown-up Anandi in "Balika Vadhu". After exiting from the daily soap, she appeared in reality shows "Bigg Boss 7" and "Jhalak Dikhla Jaa". She was last seen in TV show "Hum Hain Naa".

leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This overdose of information is making me numb. Too much to digest. Blamegame and accusations.
A life is lost. Definitely due to someone. That someone does not want to admit it. Various theories. I only hope some famous producer wont give him a role in a movie to encash the tragedy. Or someone wont make a half baked movie or TV soap on it. Let her rest in peace.
tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
theres article in TC abt her frnds adaa khan, vikas gupta,shashank vyas, sumoders doing press conference 2 clear sum of the controversies on prats death.
i can't post the link & article as its rival site but ppl can open that site & see it.