Tha🤗
both of u dear *hugs*
thanks for writing this 😃
soo fab 😳😳😳
love it to core❤️
mera mood theek hogaya i missed lakshmila badly on screen
i expected Laksh and mila scene but nahi mila
guys keep writing mein jab time milega tab jarur padhlungi😃

Training khatam...Insta hai hi nahi mere paas...😆.
Tha's our star...⭐️😳

When r u coming back?😭
Riya_16 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Part II

Echoes of the past

Guru Vashisht Muni's Ashram was nestled in the midst of the bountiful nature. There were the mighty Himalayas in the north and river Bhagirathi flowed past them. The cottages of the Ashram were all modestly built and were located in a secluded section in the ashram which provided not only tranquility but also security from the prying eyes. There were dense forests all around the clearing and the students studying under the tutelage of Bramharishi Vashishtha, knew better than to mess with the wild animals in the forests. There was an unwritten contract between the humans and the natural beasts as both agreed on living in peaceful co-habitation without either parties venturing into the other's territory. This ashram was the bolthole of the learned sage that also acted as an asylum to both humans and animals irrespectively. There was an absolute serenity that prevailed all over the anchorage, and anybody visiting this pious ashram would certainly be able to sense it. This is exactly how little Urmila felt the moment she set foot inside the ashram. Her father, Rajrishi Janak of Mithila wanted to come and seek the blessings of the mighty guru and princess Urmila being all excited at the prospect of getting to see the world, quickly agreed to accompany her father.

Raja Janak, even though was a powerful and a respected king all over his land Mithila and elsewhere, he was practically defenseless in front of his daughters and their wishes. Hence, the concern of Rani Sunaina could hardly pose much deterrence to the travelling plans of the father-daughter duo. Urmila was Janak's younger daughter only six years of age yet was a prankster in her own right and a budding scholar and painter all rolled into one. She had a cheerful disposition with an uncanny ability to befriend people almost instantly. She was a little chubby and incredibly fair, her round features often made her look shorter than she really was and her long black hair was tied up in two braids. She had her riding clothes on and her big doe-like brown eyes twinkled with mischief as she looked at everything with renewed awe and appreciation. She was closest to her elder sister princess Sita and constantly squabbled with her cousin, princess Mandavi, who was just a few months older than she was. At a tender age of six, she was highly intelligent and perceptive but was equally mercurial. She was by no means spoilt, quite on the contrary she was pretty grounded and sensible most of the time yet this little girl would transform into a ferocious cub if any danger befell on her family...most importantly on her Sita didi. Her chirpy and friendly nature made her instantly likable to all.

Raja Janak helped his little daughter to get down from the horse as she defiantly tried to do it herself. He shook his head at the fearlessness of such a wisp of a girl. However, suddenly all her act of bravado left her, the moment her little feet touched the pious soil of the ashram of the great sage Vashishth. Even though she was mesmerised by the untapped and raw beauty of the place, she quickly held on to her father's arm shyly as she saw an old man approaching them with a group of men...quite possibly with his disciples.

Urmila folded her hands mimicking her father as the aged sage met them at the ashram gates. "Greetings Brahmarishi, I am Janak and this is my daughter Urmila." Rajrishi spoke in reverence. The sage smiled at him and nodded, "Greetings Rajrishi, I know who you are. After all who doesn't..., the learned and scholarly of all kings in Aryavarta." King Janak embarrassed at being praised, humbly shook his head and let the topic go. He continued, "I have always wished to pay my respects to you and to get an opportunity to seek your blessings...somehow this is the time gods seemed to have listened to my repeated pleas that I could meet you in person."

The Brahmarishi smiled at the tiny girl standing quietly beside her father and asked, "So you are the Janakputri." Suddenly Urmila spoke brightly, "Yes rishivar, I'm the younger Janakputri. My Sita didi is the eldest." The sage in an amused tone told Raja Janak, "Even if your younger daughter is a livewire, she will grow up to be just like her father, scholarly and level headed but there's an innate goodness and fierce protectiveness in her that would eventually pave the way for her future. She has an amazing capacity to love and forgive. She will make you proud one day. Mark my words, O king!" This girl is truly born of passion, thought the sage appreciating the spark in little Urmila.

The small band of guests and hosts entered the Ashram and as per the directions of the great rishi, the King and his daughter were given a guest-cottage to rest. Urmila, who loved being in the laps of nature just like her elder sister, Sita, quickly got bored roaming about the ashram and went to find her father who was deeply engrossed in an expansive discourse over scriptures with the learned sage. She stood at the doorway fidgeting with her angavastra with a slight pout on her tiny lips. Janak sighed as soon as he saw her and beckoned her to come near him. "What happened my dear?" asked Janak affectionately. Urmila looked at him and answered, "I miss Sita didi...amd I'm bored. I want to play." Janak frowned in confusion, "And who exactly is stopping you from playing?" Urmila sighed and shook her head at her father as if to tell him that he was really being silly! "Ah! So this is the problem, of course I should have thought early, our little princess doesn't have friends to play with..." surmised the amused Brahmarishi. Urmila nodded her head excitedly. "So now that we've diagnosed the problem, we need some solution for it." Vashishth asked one of his disciples something and then turned his face toward the little girl and said, "Children come here to study away from their parents, they learn scriptures, horse riding, wielding of swords and how to defeat their enemies at the time of crisis."

"I know how to ride a pony and father said he would take us to Rishi Yagyavalkya's ashram so that we too learn how to read and write." Urmila answered promptly with such brightness in her eyes that impressed the elderly sage to no end. "Did he now? AND you my child, will be Rishivar's one of most favourite pupils of that I've no doubt."

Suddenly there was some commotion outside and the disciple entered the cottage to inform Vashishth of the arrival of the young students outside the hut. "Let's go outside and meet your new friends, shall we?" asked the sage. Urmila along with Janak and Vashishth came out of the cottage. There were three boys standing with curiosity laced within their calm demeanour. The eldest of all had a smile on his face as he along with the two other boys, folded their hands in veneration. "Greetings Guruji!" Guru Vashishtha had an indulgent smile on his face the moment he saw them especially the eldest boy, "Ayushman bhava Ram!" blessed the rishi and then continued pointing toward Raja Janak, "Ram, this is Rajrishi Janak, the ruler of punya bhoomi Mithila." "And Raja Janak this is Ram, the eldest son of King Dasharatha of Ayodhya and these are his brothers...princes Bharat and Shatrughan." All the three brothers once again bowed their heads in respect.

"Who hasn't heard about a king as great as you are, King Janak! My brothers and I are definitely blessed to meet you, Sir." Janak was more than impressed with the sense of honour in the young prince and answered, "The pleasure is mine, young prince. Ayodhya and Mithila have long since acquainted. Your father is not only an exemplary ruler but also a good man. Mithila will remain forever indebted to him for his continuous help during the twelve year drought that had plagued our land not a decade ago." Ram looked embarrassed at the compliments showered upon his father and clan and replied, "It was a great honour for my father to be of any help, I am sure and please do not think about it anymore it was our duty as fellow countrymen to help each other out at the time of need, O learned king!"

Suddenly the sage felt a nudging, as if somebody was calling him. He looked behind and found a tiny hand tugging at his dhoti slightly. She had a little pout forming on her lips, and the sage understood instantly that the little princess hated to be ignored, yet was feeling shy to come out hence, as a result hid behind the towering figures of her father king Janak and the rishi himself. "Oh there's someone you all should meet and she is our guest of honour today. So let's welcome princess Urmila." Smiled the Brahmarishi as little Urmila emerged from behind her father's legs, her chubby cheeks coloured bright red. Ram looked at the tiny girl and instantly felt a bond of kinship with her...as if she was the little sister he had always wanted. The rishi once again introduced the princes and told Urmila that they are her friends and she could play with them if she wanted. "But they are all boys!" wailed little Urmi.

"Yes we are, princess Urmila, but from today we are your friends who are at your service, so shall we go and meet two of our friends standing right over there?" Ram smiled and pointed his fingers as if to show her who her other friends were. He then stretched his right hand toward her and the little girl took his hand grinning not before adding boastfully, "I know how to ride a pony." Ram laughed at her innocence and replied affectionately, "Oh so you're practically a lady and that too so brave!! I am sure not many girls know that at your age."

"My Sita didi knows too." Promptly answered Urmila.

"I'm prince Bharat and this is my younger brother Shatrughan." Prince Bharat smiled at the young girl and gave her a pleasing smile. Urmila was instantly taken in by this quiet and composed brother of Ram just as she was with Ram just a few moments ago. "May I call you all, bhaiya?" She looked at all three of them expectantly. Ram who had always a sister couldn't keep his happiness to himself and lifted her up instantly, "Of course you can, and all three of us are so lucky to have found a pretty little sister like you." Urmila giggled as she was twirled around and she squealed making her eyes go big and round, "put me down bhaiya, I am a big girl now.." Ram laughed at her mock anger and said, "Sure, you're so grownup that you're practically a lady." Urmila gave a toothy smile and took hold of his hand yet again and said brightly, "I like you...bhaiya.." "And WE like YOU our little butterfly." Ram hugged her as the three brothers laughed as they found out how great it could be to have a little sister like Urmi.

"So, Urmi what else do you like to do apart from playing with your Sita didi?" Asked prince Bharat as Urmila caught up to him while playing "blind man".

"I love to draw and paint. I do that when didi is busy with helping our mother out in the royal kitchen." Urmila answered rather proud of her painting skills. Bharat was happy to know that this girl of six too shared his interests. As time went on, the three brothers had to go off to complete their lesson for the day. However, Urmila didn't want any of them to leave. Whom would she play with? Father wouldn't and neither would the Brahmarishi. He was so old!! She pulled Ram's hand and whined, "Bhaiya, whom will I play with? I'll be so bored." Ram looked at his brothers helplessly. They couldn't afford to miss their lesson at any cost for that would surely anger their teachers. Suddenly it was Bharat, who had a brainwave. "Urmi, you said you love painting, right?" Urmila nodded her head in excitement. Bharat continued, "So if I get you brushes and colours, would you like do that, while we're away?" "And", prince Shatrughan added, "That way you won't feel bored and by the time you finish, we'll be right here." Urmila finally conceded albeit with a pout, "Okay!"

This was exactly how Prince Lakshman found his Mila for the very FIRST time. Sitting all by herself under a century old Banyan tree, scribbling and painting on a white canvas with the colours and brushes Bharat had given her, her tiny shoulders drooping down, her brows furrowed with utter concentration and sucking her left thumb furiously...she was already in a world of her own making. Being just a boy of nine, Lakshman was everything that the boys of his age were and more. He was taller than most and infinitely more keen. He had a volatile temper just like his twin Shatrughan, but was much more protective. Even at a young age of nine, he was fiercely protective of his brothers especially Ram. Even though he was closest to Ram, he was fiercely loyal toward Bharat too, yes, he often pulled the leg of the Kaikeyinandan and teased him relentless, Lakshman knew there wasn't a single soul as pure and genuine as his Bharat bhaiya. Lakshman had been absent busy doing some chores for the rishis at the ashram, when rest of his brothers had bonded with little Urmila. Hence, his first meeting with her was quite dramatically opposite to what his brothers' meeting with her had been. Known to have a quick and volatile temper, this Adishesha's incarnation fumed as soon as he found the girl of six crouching under the tree painting away! All he could see was that the GIRL had HIS Bharat bhaiya's brushes!!!

WHAT IS A GIRL DOING IN OUR ASHRAM!!!!AND...HOW DARE SHE TAKES MY BHAIYA'S BRUSHES...OH SHE HAS HIS COLOURS TOO...!!! Lakshman crept up behind her slowly and suddenly came up front with eyes blazing and frown on his face, he barked at her, "WHO ARE YOU? DON'T YOU know that girls are NOT Allowed here? HOW DID YOU COME? DID YOU BREACH THE WALLS?" Urmila jerked her head up and looked at him. She narrowed her eyes at the boy who also had a suspicious look on his face and seemed ready to pounce at any moment, yet didn't say a thing. She resumed her painting while murmuring, "Sita didi has aked me not to speak to strangers!" Lakshman who wasn't really known for his patience, fumed even more and glared, "HOW DARE YOU TAKE MY BHAIYA'S BRUSHES AND COLOURS!! HOW DID YOU GET YOUR HANDS ON THEM?" While he attempted at snatching those brushes away from her tiny hands, he accidentally tripped over a bowl of water that Urmi had kept for her colouring and alas! The bowl toppled spilling the water from it all over the painting ruining it altogether.

Suddenly all Lakshman could see was a canon ball being hurled at him all of a sudden which was truly none other than little Urmila who, being consumed by blind rage had hurled herself at him, crying wildly and also biting and scratching him simultaneously. He suddenly found himself being knocked down on the ground and the little girl still hitting him...He tried to stop her, but being a gentleman even at the age of nine, he didn't put a hand on her. Suddenly she was lifted off him as both Ram and Bharat rushed to their rescue...or to Lakshman's rescue to be more accurate. Her little chubby legs were still kicking the wind as Ram lifted her off Lakshman. Both the brothers, Ram and Bharat never in their wildest dream had expected that they would be greeted with such a scene. A girl who was not even seven years old would dominate someone as fierce as Lakshman! Urmila ran toward Ram, hugged his legs, and cried inconsolably.

Bharat on the other hand helped Lakshman stand as he brushed off the grass and dirt from his body. "What happened to you dear? Are you hurt dear sister?" Ram asked softly as the little body shook with her sobs.

"HURT!!! HOW IS SHE HURT? SHE'S A WILD CAT!! LOOK BHAIYA HOW SHE HAS SCRACHED ME!" Lakshman outstretched his hands to show his brothers the offending red marks all over his both the arms. Ram looked at Lakshman as asked him levelly, "What did you do to her Lakshman?"... Ram found his firebrand of a brother looking sheepishly at his feet. He did detect a hint of guilt in him. Therefore, he bent down to the little girl's level, wiping her tears, asked her, "What did he do to you sister?" Urmila looked up and met the kind eyes and in a trembling voice, "He...(hiccup)...he...t-tore...m-my-p-pain-ntin-ng...t-oo-k a-w-ay m-y br-ushes. He-h-e scold-ed m-me too.." She stopped, sniffed and continued with trembling lips, "He- he (hiccup) s-said, t-those weren't m-my bru-brushes...were t-they not?" She looked at Bharat with such sad eyes, that his heart broke for the little girl. He glared at Lakshman and said, "Of course they are..." He went up to the little girl and hugged her, "I told you that all the brushes and colours that I have are for you to use whenever you want to...didn't I? Don't cry my darling sister...for it makes us sad too." Ram smiled at Urmila as she wiped her eyes and smiled brightly at them. "And now it's time for someone to apologize and say sorry..." Ram looked at Lakshman pointedly.

Lakshman, who was silently watching his brothers being so affectionate with the strange little girl, felt an irrational jealousy course through him. Does his Ram bhaiya love this pugnacious little girl more than him! Is she more dear to them than him!!! When did this shift in power or rather affection happen? Who was she again? "Lakshman, apologize to our new friend..." "But BHAIYA...she has sharp NAILS...she even BIT me...look.." Lakshman in vain tried to plead his case yet again, even though he knew he was fighting a losing battle but he COULDN'T/WOULDN'T bow down to a virtual stranger of a girl without putting up some amount of resistance.

"I DON'T...my Choti Ma cut them just before we left..." Urmila retorted indignantly. She outstretched both her palms as if to corroborate her claim. "He's wicked...and angry...BUT I'M NOT SCARED OF NAUGHTY BOYS." Ram looked at her fondly...she is one sprightly girl...he thought. Bharat sighed and said, "Don't waste time Lakshman, we saw what happened...and as a Raghuvanshi you should know better than to behave in such a despicable manner.

"Sorry...I misbehaved." Muttered Lakshman as he stalked off..grunting...Silly Girls! he thought with distaste.

"Brahmarishi, it's been an honour to meet you...I can finally breathe a sigh of relief that I did get the opportunity to meet you. My daughter and I are eternally in your debt for we didn't expect such hospitality and what an experience it had been." Gushed Rajrishi Janak as he folded his hands in front of the learned sage before taking his leave.

"Sir, would you think of it as an impertinence if my brothers and I request for your visit to Ayodhya this summer as we all go home during the holidays...We would love to spend some time with our little sister Urmila. Janak turned around to find his six year old holding the hands of Bharat, giggling excitedly. Vashisht too thought this to be a great idea and assented to Ram's request whole-heartedly. "That is an excellent idea Ram, that way the two families would get the opportunity to meet yet again." He turned to Rajrishi and said, "You should accept the invitation O king, and this time do bring along Queen Sunaina and princess Sita too for who knows this could be the making of a new future waiting to be unfurled." Was it true that a new history was waiting be written with the birth of some new relationships in the offing while others, strengthen their old bonds all over again or was it going to be a meeting gone awry as there was one face among all the happy ones that looked sullen and particularly not happy with the development.

"The grounds are extensive yet so beautifully maintained!" appreciated Queen Sunaina as she and the three Queen mothers were strolling around the famed royal gardens of Ayodhya. "They are Maharaj Dasharatha's favourite." explained Kaiyeki, the second queen of the King Dasharatha. "Yes, and the best of landscapers are appointed from all over the Aryavarta to look after these gardens." smiled queen Kausalya. "Mithila too has a lot of gardens from what I have heard, isn't that true?" Sumitra, the youngest yet the wisest among the three, asked Sunaina. "Yes, we do but they are mostly the extensions of the woods that surround Mithila." Sunaina said with a fondness in her voice. "That sounds delightful...I wish we could all go there once, don't you didi?" Sumitra was excited just with the idea of getting out of the confines of the palace and visit a new place. Sunaina said, "All of you should, now that we have kept our side of the bargain by accepting your invitation and then honouring it, we shall soon expect your entire family next in Mithila." Kaikeyi laughed and replied, "Just think about what you wish for Rani Sunaina, as it is I feel that your younger daughter has managed to wrap all of us around her little finger...only Lord Shiva knows how, we might not even want to come back to Ayodhya ever again after visiting Mithila and staying with all of you." All four of the queens laughed as the entire palace was under the spell of the six-year-old tornado barring one.

Lakshman who was dreading this meet for the past three months felt relief course through him, as he saw the older princess about same age as him bow to him with folded hands. "I'm Sita, Raja Janak and Rani Sunaina's elder daughter. You must be prince Lakshman...but strangely you don't look at all like my little sister's description." She laughed a little and added, "She has always had a vivid imagination, little devil that she is." Sita had a calm exterior, and was quite tall. There was serenity in her eyes and her smile was almost divine. Lakshman was immediately reminded of his favourite Ram bhaiya as he looked at her. He slowly bowed and extended the greetings, "Greetings Rajkumari Sita, yes you've guessed it right. I'm Lakshman and...and I want to apologize for my thoughtless behaviour at Guru Vashishth's ashram some time back." He sighed and continued, "I am sorry for ruining your sister's painting and snatching away the brushes from her...I-I didn't know they were a gift from Bharat Bhaiya." Lakshman looked apologetic and kept his head down. Sita smiled and said, "From all this, what I can see is your unflinching love for your brothers. I'm sure my sister too must have done enough...what with all the scratching and biting. I want to apologize for her too. She doesn't always behave like this...please forgive her." Lakshman looked at her reverently and asked almost in awe, "Does she tell you everything?" Sita laughed again, "Why, yes she does albeit with adding a lot of colours from her imagination...but by now I know how to skim the truth out from the rest." Lakshman nodded as they both headed toward the Rajbhavan. After quite some-time curiosity got the better of him and he asked, "Hmmm...what exactly did she say that I looked like?" Sita's head jerked as she looked at Lakshman almost scrutinizing him and then with a smile answered, "Are you sure you would want to know? She has a very colourful imagination, mind you." Lakshman scratched his head and asked, "Was it that bad...?" Sita laughed and said, "Well that depends on how you look at it. She described you more in the lines of a green- eyed monster with fire blazing from both the eyes and the mouth."

Sita had been combing her little sister's hair when she had started blabbing all about her experiences at the Maharshi's ashram. Even though Sita herself was a young girl of eight, she knew her sister well enough to recognize her penchant for cooking up stories to suit her imagination. "Didi, the monster really had a huge tail and sharp claws too..." Little Urmila described her recent scuffle with Prince Lakshman in such animated way that her older sister had to try hard to hide her smile at her sister's antics. "So the monster that had green blazing eyes with blood dripping from his mouth a while ago, now has a huge tail too...anything else that you would like to add here Urmi...maybe he had big horns too?" Sita arched her eyebrows at her tiny sister who was still churning the wheel of her imagination in her head. "Oh HE DID...yet how did you know? You're the best didi just like my Ram bhaiya...you know everything..." She hugged her elder sister, kissed her cheeks..., and then promptly continued with her story, "So this green-eyed monster also had two big horns on his head...!" Exclaimed the little princess making her eyes go big and bright with excitement. "But I am not scared of monsters and I'm as brave as Ram bhaiya...so.." Sita had rolled her eyes at her younger sister and asked, "Now...who is this Ram Bhaiya again?" Urmi shook her head impatiently and replied, "He is the BEST and he is my brother...you listen to my story." "Okay." Sita gave an indulgent smile. "So, being a brave girl, I pounced on him, scratched him and taught him a good lesson." Urmi huffed as she genuinely appeared pleased with herself at being able to vanquish the evil forces of Prince Lakshman all by her herself, single-handedly. "Aren't you proud of me didi?" Little Urmi asked her sister looking all too expectant with her big doe like eyes. Sita laughed and kissed her cheeks. She loved her adorable little sister even when she was obviously being such a storyteller. "Very...my Urmi is the bravest girl on this Aryavarta...but I would be even more proud of her is she'd tone down a little bit and not mix as much colour as she likes to mix while telling me stories."

Little Urmi looked down at the floor of their room sheepishly and mumbled, "He might not have had a tail or even horns or claws..." However, instantly lifted her head and replied defiantly, "BUT HE HAD BLAZING GREEN EYES...AND...AND HE WAS A VERY NAUGHTY BOY...AND MEAN TOO. URMI DOESN'T LIKE HIM AT ALL." She crossed her tiny hands across her chest and looking annoyed. Sita laughed at her memories when Lakshman grunted and muttered, "I knew it all along...little fibber."He gave a tight smile to Sita and said, "Well...I shouldn't have expected any less."

Urmila was elated to get her hands on so many dolls!!! Queen Kausalya had given them to her to play as they belonged to her elder daughter Shanta who was already married. Urmi was never a dolls person really but the moment she saw the huge chest full of varied colourful and obviously the most beautiful collection of dolls, her eyes shone bright and she gave a huge grin and ran to Queen Kausalya and hugged her tight. "You've officially become her favourite person for the day it seems...didi", laughed queen Sumitra. Kausalya lifted the tiny girl up in her arms and kissed her chubby cheeks, "If this can win me my Urmi's favour for even a day, I'm game." Smiled the eldest queen.

Queen Sunaina shook her head as she saw her younger daughter dragging her older sibling along to play with the dolls... "Urmi'll always share things with her older sister, whatever be it. The bond between the siblings is too strong. " "Just like our four sons...they'll willingly lay down their lives for each other." replied Queen Kaikeyi.

Prince Lakshman had been waiting for an opportune moment to exact his revenge and quite soon enough found his arch nemesis...engrossed in playing with her dolls in one of the rooms of the palace. "Ah ha...so there she is...look at how calm and serene she looks. Everybody even the mothers are all fascinated with her. What is so charming about her? She's short and cries a LOT...even her nose RUN when she cries...how on earth was she even a princess? She must know how to do magic...or how else Ram bhaiya and Bharat bhaiya both seemed to be under her spell even...that devil twin of mine!!! Why couldn't they see that all girls are silly except for Sita didi of course...Lakshman thought reverently, she was so decent and regal and her sister? A hurricane and a prankster. Even at an age of six she was such a fibber! How did she describe me? A green-eyed monster? Huh!! I'll show her that she is in my territory now and she'll pay for her over imaginative thoughts. Lakshman tiptoed into the room where both the sisters had been playing a moment ago. He had waited until Rajrishi Janak took his elder daughter away as Queen Sunaina had summoned her. This was his perfect opportunity thought the young prince.

As he slowly tiptoed into the chamber and stood behind Urmi, who was sitting on the carpeted floor, fascinated, talking non-stop with the dolls that lay on the ground and also on her lap, her tongue sticking out, as she was trying to feed medicines to the sick doll who apparently according to her was being a naughty girl. Urmi imitated her mother's stern voice and reminded the doll of the green-eyed monster who would come and eat them up if they were naughty. Lakshman would've laughed at the serious expression on the little girl's face if he didn't know the identity of the monster! He crept up stealthily and slowly without making any sound opened the ribbons that were tied around her braids and ran off with them. Urmi too ran after Lakshman as those ribbons were her Sita didi's favourite. She had to get them back anyhow. She tried chasing him as much as her little legs would take her. The lawns were extensive and she could see Lakshman mocking her standing far away with waving the ribbons as if beckoning her to get them from him. Ah serves you right. Thought Lakshman with distaste...he would now have the sweet revenge, as the girl could never catch him, after all he was the fastest runner among all his brothers.

Little Urmi ran as fast as she could, but sadly her plump little feet couldn't take her far and soon she was out of breath. Yet, she tried dragging her feet as far as she could but suddenly she tripped on a rock and fell on the ground.

Lakshman looked round to see if Urmi was still running after him, but was shocked to find her on the ground, crying clutching her knee. He ran at the speed of a lightening toward her only to find her wailing crouching down and her little body shook as sobs wrecked her. Lakshman felt a hard punch in his guts as he found her in tears. HOW DID SHE FALL? WAS SHE BADLY HURT? WHAT A STUPID IDEA WAS THIS ENTIRE THING?

He slowly bent down and called her, "Urmi...are you hurt? Can you talk to me?" Urmi on the other hand shook her head crying harder and then suddenly said, "I want Sita didi." Lakshman sighed and pried her hands away from her face. He was rather astonished to find that there was blood in her mouth. As he asked her to spit out the blood, he found the little girl had also lost a tooth. "Yes, I will get you to your Sita didi but before that can you walk a little bit? There's a stream nearby, you can wash yourself after all you're a brave princess aren't you?" "Think you can trust me for some time?" Lakshman smiled at the girl who eyed him suspiciously. "Why are you being nice to me?" she asked.

"May be because I'm not as bad as you think I am." replied Lakshman. Urmila seemed to be thoughtful for a couple of minutes and then stood up slowly and took Lakshman's outstretched hand and walked slowly toward the stream.

Lakshman fetched some water from the stream and helped Urmi wash her badly scraped knees and mouth. He then asked her to sit quietly on the banks of the stream as he went to fetch some medicinal herbs from their royal garden. Urmi was so overwhelmed with everything that as the minutes passed with Lakshman gone, she felt scared that that he wasn't going to return leaving her all alone and started sobbing. Lakshman hurried back with the herbs only to find the six year old crying her heart out. He dropped down on his knees and wiped her eyes with his angavastra... "Why are you crying Mila..? Is it still hurting..? Look I have medicines with me...you will be better in no time." The girl stared at the nine-year old and then took some time to answer in between hiccups. "I..(hiccup) t-thought...you...you were gone l-leavv-ing m-me- here." "NEVER, I will never you Mila, you'll see." Lakshman said vehemently with a comforting smile so that the child would believe him. He applied the herbal paste as he talked to her to distract her.

"What will happen to my tooth that I lost?", asked Urmi after a long time. Lakshman scatched his head as he searched for an appropriate answer. "The king of the mice has it...you will get better and stronger teeth now." "Really?...But how do you know?" asked the little princess a little sceptically. "Because, mine were once broken too. And now I have bigger and better ones." Grinned Lakshman. Lakshman took out the ribbon, tied it around her braids, and suddenly was fiercely hugged by the little princess. Lakshman, who was nine year old, thought himself to be quite a grown up and felt activities such as hugging is silly and childish. "Silly girl, why do you go around hugging everyone?" Urmi latched on to his neck like a monkey and grinned, "Because I like you...you are very nice. But why do you call me Mila? Everyone calls me Urmi...but I like it." Lakshman sighed and shook his head, untangling her little arms from his neck he took her and asked, "Now can you walk back to the palace you think?"

Ram scooped Urmi up as soon as both Lakshman and Urmila entered the Rajbhavan, "Where have you been all morning, little butterfly? And what happened to your tooth?" Ram looked straight at Lakshman's direction as if to gauge if his brother was in any way an offender. Urmi squealed and giggled as Ram put her down. She nudged him and said, "My tooth is with the king of the mice and it is time for me to get newer and stronger ones. And it's not even hurting anymore."

"Oh! Yes you will surely get them... the strongest of teeth for the bravest girl in the country." Ram smiled kindly.

"We kept our promise now we would be expecting you all in Mithila and I can promise you Maharaj Dasharatha, you will not have any reason to complain. Rajrishi Janak and Rani Sunaina thanked for the hospitality of famed Raghukul dynasty and invited the entire family to their kingdom in Mithila. "We know that you have to leave, but I wish we could keep our youngest visitors back with us." spoke Kausalya as she hugged Sita. "Yes, of course in fact we are really jealous of you, Raja Janak and Rani Sunaina." smiled Queen Kaikeyi. "Jealous? What for? Maharani?" asked an amused Janak. "Looking at Sita and Urmila make us wish if we had a daughter to pamper. They are so level headed and learned. I'm sure you must be very proud of them." Janak smiled proudly at his daughters and nodded, "Yes, I'm...I thank to Lord Shiva everyday for blessing me with not one but two beautiful and intelligent daughters." As if just in cue, the four brothers entered the guest room along with little Urmi tucked beside Bharat. Queen Sunaina walked up to her daughter and mildly rebuked her for all day in sun. "Hey, Lord Shiva, look at this girl, where have you been running around all day? Look how dark you've become!" Urmi ran toward her mother and kissed her cheeks, "I was playing Ma with Ram bhaiya, Bharat bhaiya and Shatrughan bhaiya..." Sumitra smiled fondly at the wisp of a girl and said, "She is so adorable, I wish I could keep her here with us forever." "And how on earth did you get your clothes so dirty, Urmila?" Asked Sunaina sternly. Urmi ran to her elder sister and nudged her, "I fell didi... on the ground, and then I cried but Rajkumar Lakshman helped me, he even gave me medicines. Now I am ok. My knee doesn't hurt anymore." Sita hugged her sister tight and mouthed a thank you to Lakshman who turned pink in embarrassment. Ram had already intimated the elders about the incident so everyone was quite composed as little Urmi narrated the whole story which made Lakshman come across like some courageous and brave prince of 25 and not merely a nine-year-old.

"So he doesn't look like a green eyed monster to you now, does he?" laughed King Dasharatha, obviously been privy to the entire colourful story beforehand.

Urmila looked at the king and proudly declared, eyes shining with excitement, "He is very nice and when I grow up, I'll marry him." Everyone in the room including King Dasharatha's trusted advisory Sumantra roared with laughter except for Urmi, who frowned hard as she couldn't think of why the elders started laughing at her declaration and obviously Lakshman who had turned crimson at the comment.

"And why would you want to marry Lakshman, when you grow up Urmi?" asked Queen Sumitra as she tried in vain to keep her facial features neutral. Urmi triumphantly replied, "Because he would help me fight with my Rakshashi." "Rakshashi?" asked Kaikeyi. Queen Sunaina rolled her eyes as she replied, "She's talking about her cousin Mandavi. Urmi is younger by few months and they are always at loggerheads even when they are best of friends."

"I will never marry a girl, who talks so much and can't seem to keep her mouth shut in Lord Shiva's name." Huffed Lakshman and stalked off with his head held high. His face still held the remnants of the crimson colour. "We shall see brother." smiled Ram "We shall indeed see in a few years time."

Thanks for reading

Love

Rii and Tha

P.S- I very big thank you to all LakshMila fans especially Tha and Sru. None of this would have been possible without them. This is a work of fiction. An AU obviously. I do not want to offend anyone with this work.

Edited by Riya_16 - 8 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Res 😛
Cause I have to be the first
SanjanaKhan_2 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Wowww what a story. Loved it very much.👏 please update the next part soon and please pm me when you update.
Trinaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wonderful
I dont know where to begin from
I too have under our little Urmi's spell😆😆
Aww so cute she is
Laksh as a green eyed monster with blood dripping from from teeth🤣🤣
Ram's brotherly concern for Urmi so sweet
Little Urmi has already decided to marry Laksh😳 and Laksh's reaction😆
I always wanted to read a story on little Laksh and Urmi and u have fulfilled it
Gosh I cant wait for the next update, do continue whenever u have time
👏👏👏
Shivam... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I am In Love with his Story , Specially the way you showed the Bond Between Urmi and Rama Bharatha .
That Line was epic " when I grow up , I will marry Rajkumar Lakshman "😆

so next part we are going to have mithila chronicles , do update soon
sreevijayan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This was one of the most adorable os i have ever read in my life...loved it sooo much...
radianteyes. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This is such a beautiful piece of work
When I read your first piece Riya di , I told u you have a beautiful flow that everyone can float inside the depth of ideas .
Its just beautiful , I am drilling at the dialogues , so refined , so well put up
This girl is made of passion , mark my words ...
Jairamji thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Wow! What a story! Kudos! Thank you for writing and sharing!
Riya_16 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: SanjanaKhan_2

Wowww what a story. Loved it very much.👏 please update the next part soon and please pm me when you update.

Thank you Sanjana😃. Tha and I will surely pm you as and when we update. Keep reading👍🏼