Rii and Tha's LakshMila Corner, updated 10/9

SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Namaste! Namskaram! Pranaam! Hi! Hola!
This thread belongs to both Riya and I, where we will put up our drabbles/stories of LakshMila; the ones which we have written together :)
Please do read and give us feedback :)
Page 2- Apology
Page 4- The Separation
Page 6- Questions
Page 10- Echoes Of The Past
Page 13- Amidst Everything
Page 19- Mithila Milan
Edited by KrishnaPriyaa - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shivam... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: TwinMadness

Namaste! Namskaram! Pranaam! Hi! Hola!

This thread belongs to both Riya and I, where we will put up our drabbles/stories of LakshMila; the ones which we have written together :)
Please do read and give us feedback :)

Rishivar ka Ashirvaad , AApka prayas atyant safal raheπŸ˜†
rati_pandya thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Plz update fast...what are you waiting for...πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³
LakshMila thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hmm!hum sthaan le chuke hai!
Aaj ratri me shubhaarambh ke liye...!:P

Priya. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Two of the best writers in this forum..
⭐️

Waiting.. πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Priya. - 8 years ago
Trinaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
WowπŸ‘πŸ‘
Please update fast..
Cant wait to read your drabbles😊
Frosty_Moon thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Congrats for new thread...
Update soon...
Riya_16 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Apology

As soon as Ram left Lakshman standing in front of the Rajdwar, he knew it was going to be an uphill task for him to follow what his Ram bhaiya has asked him to do. The blinding rage that was coursing through him just an hour ago, has somehow cooled down to a more settling effect. His elder brother always seemed to have that effect on him. Yes, he is ashamed of his quick temper but he can't seem to keep this volatile temper of his in check whenever his Ram bhaiya's honour is at stake. But how did his brother come to know about his decision to travel all the way to Kekaya and fight with his Bharat bhaiya?... no he wasn't his bhaiya anymore...he was Queen Kaikeyi's son...and his nemesis. Lakshman's brows furrowed as he was once again reminded of the duo of the selfish Queen and her treacherous son.' But he has promised his Ram bhaiya that he would never raise sword on any his family members. Yet the question remained how did Ram bhaiya know about all this? Who informed him? Suddenly it dawned upon him that there was only one person who could have done this...without caring for his wrath...and his temper and she was his Urmila... But was she HIS anymore? In his anger, he did something unpardonable, something that was beyond the dharma of Raghukul and only for that sin itself, he didn't know if he would ever be pardoned. There was something big that he needed to talk to his wife about. He needed her permission for something he was about to do and he knew it wouldn't be easy. With a heavy heart, Lakshman went up the stairs of the Rajbhavan, in search of his wife, whom he had wronged so abominably not two hours ago.

As he entered the palace, the dwarpals greeted him with folded hands, but Lakshman barely acknowledged. Whom could he ask where Urmila was? So, he decided to look for her in their bed chamber. As he pushed open the huge door, the emptiness of the room startled him. The grandeur of the room seemed so subdued and the quietness echoed everywhere. The room was filled with his wife's paintings. Urmila was a prolific writer and a painter in her own right, but did he appreciate this wife of his enough? When they got married, Lakshman had promised to himself that he would never hurt his Urmila...his Mila even unintentionally...but today...he did exactly that. Lakshman left their room and headed toward his Sita bhabhi's chamber. He could hear voices coming from the room but none of them seemed to be his Mila's. Where was she if she wasn't with her beloved sisters! She couldn't have just vanished in the thin air in Lord Shiva's name! Lakshman was truly frustrated and he wanted to FIND his WIFE! "Are you searching for Princess Urmila, Sumitranandan?" Lakshman jerked out of his trance as he heard the wise words of Sumantra, King Dasharatha's trusted advisor of years. As he looked up, Sumantra smiled knowingly, "She is with your father, looking after him. You should go inside, Rajkumar."

As Lakshman entered his ailing father's bedchamber, he found whom he was searching for. Her mere sight filled him with indescribable joy. Urmila sat beside a sleeping Dasharatha, frequently changing wet bandages on his forehead. She was also humming a quartet, which he couldn't remember. Suddenly this entire scene was so touching and eerily idyllic, that Lakshman felt his eyes moist. In some other world, his Mila would have been a wonderful mother. What a life is he going to bestow upon her? She probably hates him by now and wouldn't want to do anything with him. Lakshman sighed and went up to his ailing father's bed. As he kept his hand on her shoulder, Urmila didn't even turn and whispered. "He has been running high fever. He has delirium too. We shouldn't make any sound. Let him sleep." Just at that very moment, the king decided to open his eyes ...his sight was all glazy and the eyes looked bloodshot. He slowly raised his hand and kept it on Urmila's head. In a barely audible voice, he murmured, "You are a true Janak and Sunaina putri. At such a young age, you're unsurpassable..." and the ailing king started to cough. Urmila bent her forehead and in almost a cajoling voice , "Pitashree, please don't stress yourself with such trivial matters. Try to sleep longer."

The doors of the bedchamber opened as the two Queen mothers entered, both looked tired and worn out especially Kaushalya, who was about to lose a son due to a prior commitment made by her husband to his favourite wife Kaikeyi and also quite possibly the husband in question too. Queen Sumitra on the other hand looked more composed yet her eyes betrayed her feeling of premonition. King Dasharatha nodded his head slightly as if to acknowledge the queens and then spoke in a feeble voice to Lakshman, "Take Urmila to your room...putra, she is as unique as her elder sister Sita, don't ever hurt her son...". Urmila bowed her head and folded her hands in reverence. She looked up at Lakshman with an emotionless face and left the room silently.

Lakshman followed his wife to their room; he waited for two minutes to let her get her bearings before opening the door. Gosh he was nervous...he WAS actually scared of his wife's reaction. She was unassuming most of the time, but if hurt she would curl herself into a shell and never get out. He found her in front of the huge window, facing the vast expensiveness outside. She wasn't as tall as her cousins Mandvi or Shrutakirti. Urmila had round features with big doe like eyes. Her eyes were mirror to her heart. And it was only Lakshman who knew each and every expression that reflected in those impressive eyes by heart till now. This room itself held so many memories for them. This is where she waited for him during their wedding night, this is the room where have made love for umpteenth time...it has witnessed Urmila in all her moments, sometimes playful , other times lovely, seductive, naughty, intelligent, child-like even vexed and annoyed. However, what it has never witnessed was a cold, broken and impassive Urmila. Well as they say, there's a first for everything sighed Lakshman. He was about to take a step toward his wife but suddenly stopped in his stride when he heard her speaking to him facing away, not bothering to turn around in a rather aloof voice, "You should be with Jijashree and not here, just as I should be with my Sita didi." At least she's speaking...thought an impassioned Lakshman... it could have been worse with her shutting him out altogether! So he retaliated in the same way, "Then what are you doing here?" Lakshman asked offhandedly. Yes, he wanted her to speak, to talk to him...quarrel with him but what he wasn't prepared with was her nonchalance and her reply to his snarky question was kind of a forceful whiplash. "She doesn't need me anymore. She wants to be alone. It's really funny if you think about it, that no one has ever needed me per se, neither my parents, nor my siblings not even my husband!" She was still facing him away, but Lakshaman felt he has been struck physically. The woman in front of him was only of five feet and two inches tall, yet her sense of self-preservation never ceased to amaze him. Urmila moved away from the window and was about to leave the room when Lakshman spoke up, "I know you're upset and you have every right to be. But won't you listen to what I have to say?" Urmila sighed and looked up, "I am not angry with you Swami, I am yet to process the entire turn of events."

Lakshman knew it wasn't going to be easy, his apology alone cannot thaw the ice that has formed between both of them. He tried again, "I had no right to shove you away, in my defence, I can only say that I was angry and my temper knows no bound when somebody tries to hurt Ram bhaiya."

"I know about your love for jijashree, remember I promised that I would never come in between you two, but what I saw a couple of hours ago, was no love, it was blind rage and a rage that snatches away your ability to separate right from wrong shouldn't be encouraged. As your wife I tried to do just that...but to you...I was..." Urmila didn't feel the need to finish the sentence as she trailed off.

"I know...I was harsh...and I did something that no Raghukul men had ever done before. I'm ashamed of myself...I haven't understood you yet it seems..." He at least had the decency of looking down at his feet. Later as Lakshman looked up, he found her staring hard at him.

"No. You haven't ," She said quietly and was about to leave once again when Lakshman held her by shoulders and apologized once again, "Please forgive me my love." Urmila jerked herself out of his reach and let out a metallic laugh. "Your love? You don't love me! Not two hours ago you thought I was your enemy, when it was YOU who were hell bent on travelling up till Kekaya and kill your own brother!"

Lakshman tried in vain, "Not Bharat Bhaiya...Queen Kaikeyi's son."

"And trust me when I say there wouldn't have been a battle to fight in the first place. Bharat Bhiaya would have died first , before even thinking about raising his sword on you!"

"I know" Lakshman looked ashamed like a little school boy scared of being reprimanded.

Urmila softened her tone as she could see clearly how torn up her husband looked. "I know you love your Ram bhaiya. The world can see it; I can see it. But not like this, swami. Have you ever thought of the fact that what would have happened if you had gone along with your plan of fratricide? You would have ended up killing not only Bharat but also Shatrughan Bhaiya...your own blood. And what would have been jijashree's reaction to all of this? So, this is why I went to him, because I knew he was the sole person who would be able to straighten you out. He is the only one who can take your anger and channel it the right way." Urmila stopped midway as if to breathe in some air before adding softly, "That is why, I went to Jijashree." Her eyes were filled with sadness as she smiled tiredly, "I am sorry to speak up as I keep forgetting this is not Mithila, my Lord."

Lakshman looked as if he was in physical pain, as he took Urmi's hand and caressed it, "I already knew that it was you who must have got Ram Bhaiya there. And I cannot thank you enough for this. You have stopped me from committing a grave sin my darling, and for that itself your Lakshman will forever remain grateful to you." Urmila couldn't stop herself from hugging her husband who was looking so small and broken. Her arms enclosed his waist as she murmured, "I thought you didn't love me, it was your promise to your father and my love for you, are the reasons why we are together. Tell me is that true? Please tell me the truth Swami?" Lakshman was shocked to hear something like this coming from his beloved Mila! Had he managed to hurt her so much that now she doubts his love for her! Urmila disentangled herself from his grip, looked up in his eyes defiantly, and said carefully, "If that is the case my Lord, from henceforth I release you from any..." Lakshman swiftly puts his hand on her mouth and closes it. "How can you even think that Mila? We are together because we love each other not because of some promise my father made to yours. Is this how you think I feel about you? I know I have sinned but don't ever insult my love for you...Mila, I wouldn't have it. Whatever I said in the morning, I am ashamed of that but please do not be unfair on both our accounts. I love you Mila with all my heart and that is the only truth that both of us need to know." Tears ran down Urmila's eyes as Lakshman took her in his arms as if never to let go. "I am sorry, Swami for my brazenness." Urmila whispered as she was still cocooned safely in her husband's embrace.

"Shhh...I know you are my love, I am too...so much..." Lakshman kissed his wife's head and wondered how would he tell her what he had to. How would she react? An unknown feeling of dread gripped his heart as he held the shaking form of his wife's body in his embrace.

P.S- this is an episode tag...from yesterday's episode...there's no intention of hurting anybody's sensibilities with this work. This is clearly a work of fiction.

A very big thank you to Tha...for being a constant inspiration, this entire work has been a fruit of her labour. I have just penned the thought. I hope you'll like it. Constructive criticism is always welcome. Without her, none of this would have been possible.

Love

Riya😊

Edited by Riya_16 - 8 years ago
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Riii πŸ€—
You are the best :D
This might have been my idea, but you wrote it πŸ˜ƒ
I love this and I love you ❀️
Thanks for the mention, but you din't have to πŸ˜ƒ
Riya_16 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: TwinMadness

Riii πŸ€—

You are the best :D
This might have been my idea, but you wrote it πŸ˜ƒ
I love this and I love you ❀️
Thanks for the mention, but you din't have to πŸ˜ƒ

I know I had to...what i wrote was the truth...none of this would have been possible hadn't it been you dear.😳

So shush.