Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ankita.11 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Ramyalaxmi

Kaushalya was the princess of Dhakshina Kosala and Dhasarath ruled uttara Kosala. I read somewhere (no ref maybe in Valmiki's Ramayan), that the dakshina kosala was given to dhasarath during his marriage.

thanks for the info.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ankita.11

So indirectly it means that the kingdom belongs to Kausalya and only she had the right to be Maharani,so there also she was deprived!😡

Absolutely. That is why the kosala was divided between Luva and Kusha.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks Ramya for the info. Actually I didn't know the dividing part between Luv and Kush.
@antika Kausalya was the Lakshmi of Ayodhya. By giving over importance to Kaikeyi, Dasrath disrespected the Lakshmi of Ayodhya. And he paid the price for it dearly for keeping Kaikeyi over and above Kausalya.
That's why Ram does everything in his power to ensure Lakshmi of Ayodhya Sita is not disrespected. Though separated he never gives her place whether in his heart or in the palace to anyone else. Ram Rajya was in a way possible because of this respect Ram gave to Sita. Lakshmi did bless the land.
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Exactly. When Lakshmi comes, you have to respect her. That's why Ram Rajya is the very pinnacle of household. For a prosperous household, we pray to the Ram Parivaar, as Lakshmi had blessed them.
On the point of what I hope to see, I want to see a strong Urmila, and a beautiful LakshMila farewell scene <3
attubaby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
u brought a good point here..
Indeed, Kaushalya was a great woman...Kakayi always said Y Ram was not born from her womb...and d reason is herself...how can the one with all 'i, me, myself' chant become a mother of Lord...never..

On the other hand, Kaushalya has always been an example of sacrifice and love. She never discriminated and was never biased in her love. It was always 'WE'.

With kaikayi, it had always been imbalance/differentiation, I mean the aim to become King's most loved wife, loving Ram the most, then craving for throne for Bharat...there was never a sense of equality...she always wanted to be ahead in everything, which reflects competition (a feel not very much needed at least in a family).

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: TwinMadness

You know, it was originally said that Maharaj Dasharath married Sumitra and Kaikeyi on the pretext of begetting children. But Kausalya had Shanta; she could give birth, Dasharath had no rights to bring two new wives.

See, Kaushalya having Shanta as a daughter is a folk story. The validity of it is debatable, as none of the main sources by either Valmiki or Vyasa confirm the existence of Shanta. In Valmiki, it is written that Dashrath married Sumitra and Kaikeyi because Kaushalya was childless and the kingdom needed an heir. In no puranas are a king or queen who have a daughter called childless. They may be called son-less or not having an heir, but they are not called childless.

So by taking a folk story as basis, we cannot say Kaushalya was able to have children and thus Dashrath was unjust to her. As per the main sources, Kaushalya was childless until Ram came along. While I am interested in the story of Shanta, I don't really believe in its validity, because if she had truly existed, she would have been mentioned by the main authors, who gave a lot of importance to women in their epics.

Moreover, Kings having multiple wives in those days was not considered wrong. Forget treta yuga, even in the dwapara yuga and the early stages of kali yuga it was rampant.