QueenofGreen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

She Is

'She is madness, sanity. She is hell and paradise,

She is everything.'

Disclaimer: All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Madness

'I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand...'

She is a blur of red and green as she whirls through the room, turning his perfectly organized life upside down. It is maddening, but at the same time, delightful in an agreeably chaotic way. It's hard to define.

If only she was black and white. But she isn't.

He often thinks that if people came with a visible aura, hers would be orange. She is like a silent flame burning, steadily, strongly - drawing him in. But he has always been afraid of fire, and so he stays away because he knows that she will eventually burn him. Only when she is gone, he lets himself long for her warmth.

Lately, she has been on his mind a lot.

So when she walks into their dance studio, he is taken aback for a moment. Despite being aware of her arrival, he freezes when she stands at their door like a sinful apparition, here to tempt him into her specific brand of indulgence.

Then she throws herself into his arms, with the enthusiasm of an innocent child. But her soft curves pressing into the hard planes of his body is a harsh reminder that she is anything but. She is a woman in every way and he must keep her at arm's length, yet he wants nothing but to indulge in her. Revel in her completely.

Her voice is warm, lilting with sheer excitement as she breathes into his ear, "Shantanu."

His ears grow hot, and he can barely hear his voice over the restless hammering in his chest. To make matters worse, he becomes aware that everyone except Vrushika, notices just how flustered he really is.

As such, he is convinced that it is all part of their nefarious scheme. The crew begs them to dance, the cameras are rolling and so they comply shyly.

Their duet is unrehearsed, but not spontaneous - they cannot be. The fluidity and harmony of their movements is born from years of friendship and physical familiarity. He knows her tells, just as she knows his. When he leads, she follows without thinking and when the roles reverse, he segues effortlessly, not once questioning her motives.

Every touch, every smile is paved with memories and it is difficult not to gravitate towards her, when she is just there within arm's reach. It's the closest they've been in months and it only strikes him then - he has missed this. Missed her.

Burning with impatient, playful energy, Vrushika is radiant under the warm, romantic lighting. The entire mood of the house changes. Everyone watches, enthralled by their display. The crew has never seen their mentor like this. They know Shantanu as the strict, disciplined leader, but the man before them, with his gentle smile and easy eyes, is unknown to them.

When they dance together, his guards are down and everyone can read the tenderness between them. Unknowingly, their touches linger and they lean in closer than they should. They are magnets drawn to each other.

Of course, Vrushika seems to be as oblivious as always. She is caught up in a moment, pleased to be dancing with him once again. She is happy to be in the comfort of his strong arms. She feels safe. He makes her feel safe.

When he hoists her onto his hips, her thin legs wrap around him easily. He tilts her backwards and he feels her arch against him. Then he raises her again and when she comes up, her long hair fails into her face. Without thinking, he reaches out to smooth it away, but she tosses her head back and laughs.

He cannot help but laugh himself. He wonders if it has always been like this. Tries to remember if her laughter has always made him smile. Did she always make his heart beat so irrationally? He stares at her and wonders if she feels the same.

But of course, she doesn't seem to understand and he does not expect any less from her.

Her skin is still as soft and smooth as he remembers, and from his vantage point, he can once again count the sprinkle of freckles lining her cheek. He can feel the warmth of her supple flesh softer, silkier than her maroon cashmere sweater, clinging to her chest like a second skin. Desperately, he wills himself not to stare.

Instead focusing on the warm chocolate of her eyes, so nave and unassuming. Her long, aristocratic nose that he endlessly makes fun of, and the small, pouty mouth, curled up at the corners. He wants to touch it with his fingertips, but he stops himself.

She parts first, when Maccy, overwhelmed by nostalgia bolts past them and grips their friends into a tight hug. Instantly tearful, Vrushika's hands slip out of his and for a moment he is lost. He stares at his suddenly empty hand and realises with a heavy heart, something is not right.

Later, he watches her furtively as she laughs at the jokes his crewmates make. Off-screen, away from the cameras, the boys are taken with her. Once the threat of her being a new participant is removed, the boys flit about like the moths to her flame. It bothers him more than it should, but he keeps quiet. He knows better than to box her into a corner.

Vrushika lacks eloquence. She has a tendency to ramble, and gets caught up and lost in her own words. But her silences are almost epiphanic; they speak volumes and her eyes have mastered their own vocabulary. She says so much without saying anything at all.

And so, when he paces unnecessarily in front of her only to catch her eye - he is left extremely disappointed when she not only ignores him, but carries about laughing. Not even a glance is spared his way.

It infuriates him. Only mere hours ago, she was crying in his arms. Shedding tears of longing for what ifs and could haves and now, she is smiling and laughing with a group of strangers, who should mean nothing to her.

The entire scene leaves a sour taste in his mouth and he seethes quietly in a corner.

From across the room, Sam smiles at him knowingly.

"Let her be wild," she whispers gently, later while he silently sulks at dinner. "Let her be free, and at the end of the day, she will always come back to you."

Shantanu rolls his eyes at her inane need to be philosophical. There is no need for such earth shifting gravity, but she has the irritating habit of examining everyone under a microscope.

Unlike Vrushika - who knows exactly when to push and exactly when to give him space.

Much later that night, after all the cameras are off and their guards are down - the group is up and dancing again. It's what they do best, and tonight, with even more spirit as Vrushika beams under the spotlight.

From a distance, Shantanu shakes his head when Vrushika beckons him toward the dancing crowd, and a fleeting thought overwhelms him.

The lines between them are blurring. They are stumbling steadfast into unchartered territory and he is unsure of whether they are even ready for it.

Slim hips sway to the beat, her fluffy maroon sweater riding up to bare tantalizing, creamy skin - he desperately tries to look away, but he can't. As Vrushika dances, wild with abandon - long hair bouncing, skin glowing under the light, Shantanu watches mesmerised.

He thinks about her. Really thinks.

She's zany and moody but her laughter is infectious. She is overly sensitive and often too dramatic, but it only adds to her charm. More often than not, she does not know what to say, but on those rare occasions when she speaks from her heart - he realises there is a wealth of thought and emotion that makes her the person she is.

She is anything but perfect, but that knowledge alone can never really quell the absurd attraction he feels for her. It confuses him and grips him at the same time. The more he tries to escape that feeling, the harder it hits him in the face.

Turning away from the lights, and the pounding party music, he finds himself in the peace and quiet of the closed balcony. Even though they are separated by glass now, his eyes still search for her instinctively.

At one of Maccy's pathetic jokes, his muse, throws her head back and laughs heartily. Intrigued, Shantanu admires her long, slender swan-like neck and the shapely line of her shoulders. The yearning to map her skin with his fingers, grows stronger until he cannot bear to watch her silently from afar.

And so he flees without a second look.

In the dark recesses of his bedroom, he sits with his back against the locked door and stares at his hands. Why do they crave to touch her? He stares at them, mutely demanding answers.

He is tied to her in a way that he can't explain and it scares him. The uncertainty, the anticipation overwhelms him. Thoughts of her, make him crazy. For the first time in his life, he feels as though he has lost his footing and he knows nothing for sure.

Except for one thing.

If imperfection really is beauty and madness is truly genius, then he cannot help but think, that she is madness.

A/N: Lyrics are from Keane's, 'Somewhere Only We Know'

Edited by parthianglory. - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shreyabiswas03 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
fabulus work
its always treat to read a vrushan ss
vrushika is epitome of madness
agreed with shan
plz continue
update soon
Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Reserved
*Unreserve*
It feels so good to see you back! And well about the piece what can I say!...It couldn't have gotten better than this!.. Since it was a piece on Vrushan I already adore it ,but with the way u've written it highlighting every little feeling and the deepest emotions so intricately, makes its appear so real and I really wish to forget about the disclaimers and watch my fantasy turn into reality. It was Shantanu's voice throughout for me even though I know its a third person's thought or idea about what kind of love it would have been, had VruShan been the SwaRon for real!...Cuz it felt that real!

Also the way you've potrayed Vrushika is amazing given that the resemblance of thoughts match so well!She may be a naive ,crazy kid but surely she does appear as a person whose a lot more than that with sides probably not yet discovered to the world but maybe to him and that is why knowing Vrushika through him does convince you that she is actually just the way he sees her..

A work totally worth an applaud!.. 👏Loved it to the core!..
And my happiness just doubles knowing that since its an SS there's more to it! Update soonish!

~Shreya <3
Edited by Spark.Shreya - 8 years ago
Phantasm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Now that was a good read. I'm reading your work for the first time and the write-up says you ain't a novice. Such an in-depth focus on intricacies of characters, what an narrative you've written. Let me tell you I haven't read such a piece in quite a long time. Flawless work with so much attention to every emotion. Really loved the way you handled the mental state of the character, such a meticulous work man! I have read the part not once but thrice, just to find out I deciphered different insights every time I read. Now that tells what a potential writer you are. Coming to the story, ah it touched my soul not because the character as such but the way you have portrayed it that it almost feels true. Disclaimer is very much needed but I couldn't help but smile on the resemblance. I'm happy it's a SS and waiting in anticipation that you write next part real soon. The wait otherwise would eat me. Now that we have seen one side of the story I hope I'm not mistaken to expect the other side , cause that would be like an icing on the cake.
Loved loved loved it, is the least I can say.

-Rutu

ExpectoPatronus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
dis is simply awsm... d way u write girl... just mindblowing... keep writing... god bless... 😊
.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Paridhi, I must tell you how much I admire and respect the way you present your characters. You put forward just the right about of information needed, not too much, not too less.
The description of Vrushika through Shantanu's eyes literally turns me into a puddle of goo because it's so pure, so perfect. The way he can't stop looking at her/thinking about her while demanding an answer for the same is amazing.

I'm incredibly grateful that the VruShan fandom has a writer like you.

update soon. :)

Cheers,
Nishi.
asthamehrotra thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wohooo!!! Vrushan ss honestly I was dying to read something on vrushan nd when I finally read it I was like 😲 seriously this is soo good 👏 it feels like u wrote everything that I used to imagine...everything that I used to think exists between them...girl u wrote everything that I wanted to read!! It seems like my thoughts bounced inside ur head 😆 it was great 👍🏼 never ever stop writing on VRUSHAN coz not everyone has the ability to give words to the rapport which vrushan share in such a surreal yet pleasant way 👏 lots of love 😊 keep writing nd plz update soon 😃
prachi_vrushan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
omg this was beautiful
awwe that dance it was vrushan...
beautiful start
update soon
n if possible pm m
angels007 thumbnail
nice concept ...it's treat to read vrushan ss. continue soonnn...
.Shanaya. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Hey. Im Shanaya.
I just wanted to tell you how much i loved the first part of this story. I mean, there arent many stories based on VruShan but whenever i come across one, i start smiling like a complete fool. I guess that is the 'VruShan' effect huh? 😆
I'm already in love with this story, even more because i've always been in love with the song you used in this chapter. And so, im hoping that next time you update you would remember to send me a PM, cause i would love to read more of this amazing SS.
I cant wait to read more from you so, update soon. 😊

PS: You are an awesome writer. You go, girl! 👏