farahs_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I bought jannat ke pattay novel 3 days ago and finished reading it today... So how many of you here, have read this novel?
Edited by farahs_6 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

farahs_6 thumbnail
One question whoch comes to my mind after reading this novel was
Did Ayeshe gul also love Cihan, like bahare did? I think ayeshe loved him too... But the main question is...why did Jihan gift ayeshe a ring on her birthday? What was the motive? Although later he gifted back the pearls ayeshe had given to him, to haya to make a point...but why did he gift ring to ayeshe in the fist place?he always knew he had to lose contact with them one day... So i didnt understand the motive of giving ring to ayeshe
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Me! I have read Jannat Ke Pattay.
As far as the query is concerned, yes Ayeshe loved Jihan though Baharey's love for Jihan was more like admiration and how she was impressed by Jihan. It wasn't the romantic kind. This is Nimrah's reply to a query about Baharey's admiration for Jihan:

"Her love for Jihan was , not logical, not traditional, but humane' love. Bihare was a human character and a human at the age of 9 if sees a man for a lot of hours everyday, talks to him, watches him do little and big things for him/her, likes his habits, even more likes his over-all personality, then he/she does start feeling for that person. This feeling is called "attachment" that transforms into "love". After they fall apart, it depends upon the intensity of this feeling about how much time she'll take to forget him. Bihare loved him a great deal to forget him so early though. As for her dream desire of getting married, it was a human emotion at this age. Marriage seems like a fantasy to young kids, like the only thing that can keep an adult attached to them for the rest of their lives. Bihare's thought for getting married with Jihaan was not of an unethical nature, but was due to her dire desire of living with him forever. She did not want to marry him; she wanted to keep him near her all her life. When you write a character, you have to get in their shoes and think and react like they would have done, so this was the most natural behavior, not of a 9 year old perhaps (if you argue) but of the 9 year old girl called Bahare Gul."

Link to all the FAQs of JKP answered by Nimra: https://www.facebook.com/notes/urdu-novels-by-umera-ahmed/jannat-kay-pattay-as-i-nemrah-ahmed-see-it-faqs-by-nemra-ahmed/736780403008243/

Erm... why did Jihan give Ayeshe the ring? Well you know Ayeshe and Baharey were in Jihan's life even before Haya came to Turkey. He kinda liked both the girls for their sweet nature. He even attended a wedding with them which is so unusual for someone like Jihan. I remember this line which said 'Jo bhi ho, usay (Jihan) in dono behno'n ki parwaah thi', so I feel like it was just out of care that he gave both of them gifts every year. Yes he knew he would have to part ways with them one day but still it was given out of no particular motive or reason.

Jannat Ke Pattay is like this mind-boggling novel and there are some things that you understand in second or third read. And Nimra Ahmed is such a cool and thoughtful writer, she has a reason behind every single thing that she includes in her books. She is really active on her official Facebook page, so I'd suggest you to message your question on her page. Her answers are so much satisfactory and you get what's between the lines.
farahs_6 thumbnail
Yes.. I did mesage her and she gave a similar answer to what you said...tht he gave ring to a a girl who had always been kind to him..and until then, he didnt know tht ayeshe gul was interested in him... The moment he realised,he corrected his mistake.. And tht jihan was never the best decision maker.. It was one of the mistakes tht he mase, and which he corrected ...so your answer was right actually
clockworknerd thumbnail
Haye Farah! My answer wasn't even close to Nimra's answer. She's that one who has this deep analogy behind everything, so it's always best to ask her on the page rather derive out meaning on our own.
farahs_6 thumbnail
I am probably one of those very few who love haya more than jihan.. I loved loved haya ... Maybe i had heard or read too much praise of jihan..tht i didnt like him as much as i expected to...or i was not as in awe of him...as others...esp until jihan's story starts... Adnd i know..reader is expected to start to like him mainly from then onwards.. Yes i think everyone would have loved manor ahmed before tht..
I never in my wildest dreams tht jihan would be abdul rehman pasha...tht was the shock of life for me.. And when i got to know..thht..i was like...what? My first reaction was like...Then who was tht jihan..who we have seen with haya uptil now? Was he an imposter? Did jehan send one of his friends as jehan? Lol.. I had such weird tnoughts coming into my mind tht abdul rehman pasha was jehan and tht jehan with haya might be someone else... It took some time for me to sink in...tht actually jehan major anmed, and abdul rehman pasha. All were one person

Maybe one reason... Tht i didnt like jehan..as much as others...even after reading his side of story...tht he never really trusted haya much... I am not talking abt his professional stuff..but regarding their relation.. He for a long time wasnt sure..whether haya wants to be with him...us ne waqayi haya ko bhtt ziada azmaaya... Even though as major ahmed...he heard haya talking ap
abt her husband...i know he saw her with waleed...hence he was co fused,,,,,but then when she went to turkey...being the genius tht he was ..he should have guessed very early on..seeing her reaction on meeting him every time...tht haya really loves him...but it took a long time for him to trust her..and then tht abdul rehman thing... Haya was right when she aaid ke jitna tum ne mujhe azmaaya hai..agar us se aadha bhi main ne tumhein aazmaya hota tu tum mushkil main parr jaate...

But ofcourse..then i loved his protective side for haya too... Loved him as the protective husband...
farahs_6 thumbnail
Zaya...this is her exact reply... I am copy pasting here
" The answer to your question is, Jihaan gave it as a gift to a girl who has always been so kind to her. He didnt mean ill from it. He didnt know then that she has feelings for him. Once he realized so, he corrected his mistake. Jihaan was never the best decision maker. He has made a lot of mistakes like every other real person and this verily was one of them!!"
clockworknerd thumbnail
I'm so disappointed to know that you didn't like Jihan that much. He surpasses all my fictional crushes. Khair, just trying to clear it up in brief cuz it's 3 AM already and I have got to study so much. Basically Jihan's job made him so, the one who couldn't trust anybody, couldn't rest until he had tested people's loyalty. Plus, even after knowing that Haya loved him waaay too much he kept the mystery going because he wanted trust to develop in their relationship. He did know about her love for himself after Haya's kidnapping in Turkey.. her reactions, her call to 'Major Ahmed' because Jihan said to the secretary ke agar kisi larki ki kisi jagah pe rehne ki waja uska shauhar ho tou kya karna chahiye. He did eventually come to know that Haya loved him but the mysetery kept goign because a) he wanted Haya to discover him and didn't have the guts to tell about his real identity and b) the trust was lacking. Secondly, some events just piled up his resentment.. Haya's fiasco with Waleed, she sitting in Abdur Rehman's car and most of all, the dance video. He did get the awaara girl type vibes from her so he wanted to test and see if she was really the kind of girl he could spend his life with. Thirdly, Jihan had this deep seated resentment towards his maamu and it was kind of difficult for him to digest that his badtameez maamus' daughter could be a nice girl. He had doubts majorly because she was Suleman maamu ki beti aur Taya Furran (the villain) ki bhateeji. And yes, if you look at it closely, Jihan stopped testing Haya when her purse was snatched and she rejected the offer of marrying ARP when ARP's mom asked. He decided he wouldn't test her again because Haya wasn't interested in wealth but then it was Haya who called him again for restoring Jihan's restaurant. And then tou circumstances took a different turn and he had no option but to make Haya stay at Buyuk Ada with Ayeshe after being kidnapped. And during that time, he had to keep his identity under the cover kyunke once again, he found it too difficult to tell her what he actually was. As for Dolly, it was a timely cover not meant ot test Haya but to stop her from going to Turkey. As for Major Ahmed, erm... that too wasn't meant to test Haya. He just kept contact with her as Major Ahmed because he never wanted her to forget him and at times like kidnapping, he could talk to her because calling as Jihan would have been a problem. He tested Haya's loyalty as Major Ahmed only once when she went to Major Ahmed's office and he asked her if she would marry him. Yes, he knew Haya was loyal to him but he could never gather himself to tell her the entire story himself. He needed to form this puzzle so by the time Haya would solve the puzzle, they would have trust established and all the loose ends would be tied and eventually, Haya would even find out the truth.
farahs_6 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

I'm so disappointed to know that you didn't like Jihan that much. He surpasses all my fictional crushes. Khair, just trying to clear it up in brief cuz it's 3 AM already and I have got to study so much. Basically Jihan's job made him so, the one who couldn't trust anybody, couldn't rest until he had tested people's loyalty. Plus, even after knowing that Haya loved him waaay too much he kept the mystery going because he wanted trust to develop in their relationship. He did know about her love for himself after Haya's kidnapping in Turkey.. her reactions, her call to 'Major Ahmed' because Jihan said to the secretary ke agar kisi larki ki kisi jagah pe rehne ki waja uska shauhar ho tou kya karna chahiye. He did eventually come to know that Haya loved him but the mysetery kept goign because a) he wanted Haya to discover him and didn't have the guts to tell about his real identity and b) the trust was lacking. Secondly, some events just piled up his resentment.. Haya's fiasco with Waleed, she sitting in Abdur Rehman's car and most of all, the dance video. He did get the awaara girl type vibes from her so he wanted to test and see if she was really the kind of girl he could spend his life with. Thirdly, Jihan had this deep seated resentment towards his maamu and it was kind of difficult for him to digest that his badtameez maamus' daughter could be a nice girl. He had doubts majorly because she was Suleman maamu ki beti aur Taya Furran (the villain) ki bhateeji. And yes, if you look at it closely, Jihan stopped testing Haya when her purse was snatched and she rejected the offer of marrying ARP when ARP's mom asked. He decided he wouldn't test her again because Haya wasn't interested in wealth but then it was Haya who called him again for restoring Jihan's restaurant. And then tou circumstances took a different turn and he had no option but to make Haya stay at Buyuk Ada with Ayeshe after being kidnapped. And during that time, he had to keep his identity under the cover kyunke once again, he found it too difficult to tell her what he actually was. As for Dolly, it was a timely cover not meant ot test Haya but to stop her from going to Turkey. As for Major Ahmed, erm... that too wasn't meant to test Haya. He just kept contact with her as Major Ahmed because he never wanted her to forget him and at times like kidnapping, he could talk to her because calling as Jihan would have been a problem. He tested Haya's loyalty as Major Ahmed only once when she went to Major Ahmed's office and he asked her if she would marry him. Yes, he knew Haya was loyal to him but he could never gather himself to tell her the entire story himself. He needed to form this puzzle so by the time Haya would solve the puzzle, they would have trust established and all the loose ends would be tied and eventually, Haya would even find out the truth.

Abt haya sitting in Tht... I think there, jehan was a bit harsh in judging haya there...bcoz driver named jihan sikandar and she obv automatically assumed tht the car was sent by jihan...
Another time...when i thought jihan was bit unfair in judging haya was regarding niqab... When she asked him.in th restaurant...are u ok with my niqab? Then jihan thought..is she doing it for me? Comeon... She did it on her own.. Jihan never asked her to do niqab before tht.. As major ahmed yes..but not as jihan...until then, haya didnt know the whole truth of jihan being major ahmed and all... Why did he think tht haya was doing it for him? She had seen her family giving negative reaction..so it was natural for her to ask him...it didnt mean tht she was doing it for him..and then tht fiasco at home..when hayas mother asked jihan to stop haya... Tht whole scene of jihan was really unneeded.. When he said ke agar main na chahoon? And then he left..for turkey..without saying anything... I really felt bad for haya... Yes...it was unfotunate tht Irum heard the whole convo and told it to everyone and jihan later said tht i didnt know irum was listening..if i knew..i wouldnt have done it... But even if irum hadnt listened the whole convo... It was really bad for haya...esp tht he left..without saying anything.. It was again him testing haya for niqab...without any reason... Uptil then, he had known haya much to know tht she was doing it on her own...haya was already frustrated at everyone's reaction at home.regd niqab, and then taya reaction at her joining office.and then he added to her woes

But then, i also liked his protective side for haya too