WRITJTA thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
CHAPTER ONE:TRAFFIC JAM
Two Hours ago before the meeting.

Twinkle's Pov

New York.

The city that never sleeps.

True to its image, it is a city with lots of hustle and bustle, a lot of rush with people always walking in the busy streets, going on about their business.

Its been Five years since I made New York My home.

And well I love it.

Looking outside my car window, I realised that nature is present everywhere, in the forests as well as in the cities.

It just takes one to open one's eyes and let your hair feel the breeze to realise it.

Lost in my own thoughts, I was suddenly interrupted by a honk.

Looking up, I asked my driver," Ethan, What's the problem?"

"Nothing Ma'm . Just some person and media blocking the road, I guess."

"Media on the streets of New York City?", I wondered to myself."Is there some celebrity pole dancing or what?"

Slowly, as the rows of cars moved, I caught sight of the reason of this delay.

A man, waving his hand trying to stop any car.

Not just any car, Mr. Dean Wesley, the famous actor. I recognised him from the magazines.

I looked to his other side, to see an ambulance, by the looks of which, had a punctured tyre, as the attendants were trying to restore it.

Nearby, I spotted a media vehicle with a reporter constantly pestering and reporting the tragic incident of Mr. Wesley.

That's when I knew I had to help them.

I told my driver to stop the car and hopped off.

On reaching Mr. Wesley, I asked him," Sir. Are You Alright? Who is in the ambulance?"

"Miss, Please help me. My pregnant wife needs to get to the hospital right now. Her water has broken. There would be complications if I don't take her to the hospital fast.My wife and baby could die.Please I beg you! Miss Please help us."

" Come on! Sir! don't worry", I assured.

Calling Ethan, I helped the attendants in transferring Mrs Wesley from the ambulanceto to my car.

While they were at it, I went to the reporter who was still reporting some bullshit crap.

"Excuse me, Mr", I asked.

"The famous actor was helped by an unknown lady. Who is she? Who is she to him? Is the lady his mistress?", he was reporting.

"Excuse me sir", I said louder, hoping to catch his attention.

But to no avail, as the reporter went on reporting," the unknown lady is now standing by my side."

"Excuse me sir", I shouted , finally catching his attention as he finally stopped and turned towards me.

Swinging my purse, I bashed his head once.

Holding his collar, I shouted," What the hell were you doing when this man here was begging people to help?". The stupid reporter whimpered.

Another bash on his head.

"Huh? You were reporting some bullcrap instead of helping them?"

Another bash on his head.

"Huh? Couldn't you have helped him and his wife in your vehicle? Huh?"

With a last hit on his head, I rushed towards my car and sat in the passenger seat.

Mr.Wesley and his screaming wife sat in the backseat with a nurse.

"Ethan! Go on.Drive fast! We need to reach the hospital right now!"

"Baby! Calm down. this lady is helping us, alright, calm down" , Mr. Wesley tried soothing his wife.

"Calm down?? you are f**king asking me to calm down, you f**king horse faced asshole!!!", his wife shouted.

"Baby, dont swear too much. Its not good for the child." Mr. Wesley ministrelled.

"SHUT UPP!!!!", his wife shouted back.

Turning to the couple, I said," Don't worry alright. you and your baby will be okay!"

While I was assuring them, Ethan drove his fastest. We were at the last crossover, Times Square, the busiest ad the most famous square of the city.

Suddenly, Ethan slowed to a stop. Looking up to see what happened, I found rows and rows of cars.

Oh SHIT! Not again.

We need to get this lady to the hospital now.

I hopped off the car with Mr. Wesley behind me, trying to convince the drivers to move or give space.

But they were all helpless in this situation.

"Miss! there is some commotion in the main square. I think someone is proposing to his girlfriend. There is a road block. we are all helpless."

Oh NO! We were Stuck!!!

I had to do something fast!

An idea popped in my mind! Yes!

Running as fast as i could, using the spaces between the cars and other vehicles, I ran all the way to the square, hoping to convince the man to let us somehow pass.

The whole square was set up with balloons and what not.

Looks like the man really wants to give the dream proposal to his girlfriend.

I asked a bystander," Can you tell me who is the person proposing? I need a favour actualy."

He pointed towards a man talking on the phone with his back towards me.

I walked up to him, but was immediately blocked by security.

Security????

Security for a damn proposal????

Something doesn't add up!

But ,me being me,screamed at them," Hey! let me go! I need to talk to that damn person. Its an emergency"

The security was relentless and stubborn, refusing to do so. I thrashed around and pleaded, but was rewarded with no mercies.

"Look miss! It would be better if you just go your own way. Its a very important occasion for...", the security started.

'What is happening here?", a deep voice interrupted.

Looks like the person finally finished his phone call.

The security parted a way to let the intruder come towards me. I could see his expensive shoes.

Wanting to convey the emergency, I looked up and was about to speak something.

But all sane thoughts flew from my brain, no words appearing on my tongue When my eyes saw him.

OH GOD! Someone help me now!

I felt my throat constrict and become dry, after seeing the angel like features of that man. He looked like someone who had just crossed twenty five or something. He had well endowed features, with a sharp nose, thick eyebrows, full pink lips and a very well defined jaw with a slight stubble on his tanned face.

But I think the most attractive feature about the man whose name I didn't know, were his black hair which appeared so soft.

I felt my fingers itching with the urge to touch them.

But when my eyes met his, I was frozen.

I was wrong, it wasn't his hair that was the most attractive feature about him.

It was his eyes.

His electrifying, hypnotising blue grey eyes.

I stood there frozen, unable to look away.

I had seen many attractive people, some had defined jaws, some had defined abs, some had hypnotising eyes. But this boy, no man, standing before me was the epitome of perfection. You must be thinking that no human can be perfect and in all romance novels, the hero is always the most dashing , handsome etc., etc.

Its true and i've always resisted the urge to gag at those cheesy lines which described the hero. But looking at this fine specimen of a man, who is staring at me with warm, hypnotising eyes, i could not help but reciprocate those lines in my mind.

I stared right back at him, losing myself in the never ending, fathomless depth of his eyes, going into a trance, not wanting to be the one to break eye contact first.

He looked mouthwatering in his all black tuxedo suit with no tie on and the top three buttons of his black shirt open, giving a good view of what was hidden inside the shirt.

He looked like an Abercrombie model.

Maybe, a Calvin Klein model.

I think he is the reincarnation of Adonis himself.

" Are you done staring? I don't have time to pose for your drooling session, alright! What is it? Why are you creating so much of a damn commotion here?",he spoke up.

What the hell was I doing? Drooling at a stranger who was going to be engaged soon? That also during such a big emergency? Get a grip on yourself, damn bitchy hormones!!

I stuttered and lamely replied," I... I...was..I was not staring..or d.. drooling at you! Its um.. an.emergency...Can you...umm... please.. l-let us pass?" iIwas all flustered in front of this greek god and I dont know why.

" Cat got only half your tongue?Can't speak clearly or what?You can pass after I propose to her."

I spoke clearly this time," But you are not understanding the situation, its an emergency. Someone's li-"

He cut me off."I said you can pass after my proposal. Looks like she has arrived." I saw a limousine enter the square from god Knows where.

This time I was enraged.

"Hey! You foolish crazy horse! Arrogant grasshopper! I said let us pass through this road. Its an emergency. And its far more important than your stupid proposal .", I said , exasperated.

Seeing the amused look on his face , I wanted to swipe the smirk from his face by pulling his lips out and rearranging his face.

"Are you even listening to me? Hey Mr rude ! "

"Please Continue whatever you are saying. I am not listening." , he casually said.

"yeah thank god I have your attention now. As I was saying that its an emer..." I stopped speaking as his words sank in..."Wait! WHAT???You are not listening!?? Hey wait!!"

It was an emergency. Someone's life was at stake here. Why couldn't he understand that? He is no GOD. He had no right blocking our way like this.

Slowly I tried to make him understand that,"Look I know its a special moment for you but we really have to pass. Someone's life is at stake here"

Looking up, I saw he had started walking away towards the limo without listening to me.

That arrogant orangutan!!!!!!!

"How much arrogant can you be? I said it is an em.."

He cut me off in the middle, " And I am not interested to hear what you have to say!" And with that, he walked away again towards the waiting limo.

Unable to control my anger and impatience anymore, I swiftly walked towards him and stopped him by his arms.

Turning him around, I did something which would change my life for everything.

I slapped him.

A/N

Hi guys! How are you liking my story? Please vote and comment. Follow me and keep reading.

Your,

Adrija Kundu.
PiyaKaira thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Amazing. I think I read your book on Wattpad. Kinda sounds familiar. Anyways, this is brilliant. I loved the update. Continue soon!
hailly thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Amazing update, loved it.
Continue soon plz
WRITJTA thumbnail

Originally posted by: Perwinkle

Amazing. I think I read your book on Wattpad. Kinda sounds familiar. Anyways, this is brilliant. I loved the update. Continue soon!

Yeah!! I mentioned earlier its my book with Twinkle and Kunj as the lead characters.

I am writing the story on wattpad simultaneously with Siona and Aiden as leads.
Well if you read it, please vote and comment there too.
Thanks for your support.
WRITJTA thumbnail
Not a single person opened their mouths or made any movement.

Even the birds, if there were any, stopped chirping.

There was pin drop silence.

I have heard that silence is golden. But this silence seems deafening to me.

I panted, taking heavy breaths of air, trying to regain my energy that was used.

I glanced up to meet his eyes and gulped.

Alright! God! Prepare a very nice cosy room for me in Heaven because i am definitely dead now.

He glared at me so hard, shooting daggers towards me. If looks could kill, I would have been dead twice.

He stalked towards me, his gait like that of a predator.

Everyone watched in anticipation of his next move, including me, yet not a single soul moved.

Everyone was frozen.

I could not even step back as I watched him. It felt like two ice hands were tightly gripping my ankles, obstructing my movement.

He continued glaring at me intensely as he closed the distance between us.

My breath hitched at his close proximity. I inhaled his scent and blushed.

He smells so manly and raw, of musk, sweat and Old Spice.oh Gosh!

I gulped again.

I watched in anticipation, as he lowered his head and whispered slowly through clenched teeth.

" You. Will. Regret. This."

4 words.

Just hearing those four words, I saw red.

I screamed," I will regret this? You big hypocrite! I will regret this? Pathetic human being. How dare you? Someone's life is at stake and you talking about this stupid revenge?!. You!!"

I was about to take a step towards him, when security and Mr. Wesley came and gripped my hands, preventing him from throwing another punch.
"Let me go!", I thrashed.

" Miss, please calm down. Let's go from here. Ethan has managed to pull some strings and and airlift my wife to the hospital. Let's go Miss.", Mr. Wesley soothed.
Hearing this, I nodded at him and stepped back, following him. Just as I was about to vanish into the crowd, I turned back and took a last kook at the man I slapped.

He was standing there, a cold cruel smirk on his face.
Seeing me , he mouthed.

" GAME ON"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One Month Later.

What do you think happened in this one month?

Ha! Nothing.

There was nothing from that man's side.

I had almost forgotten about that man's existence.

Key word: Almost

The day after the incident, there was a huge media uproar and scandal, but somehow I had managed to avoid all forms of media for a while now. I hadn't even read a newspaper or checked my twitter for a while.

All the paperwork, files and legal work about the delivery of my godson, Alexander Wesley, engaged me.

By this time I was free, all the uproar had died down.
How?

I don't know.

"I know we only met but lets pretend its long... " Live while we are young by One Direction rang on my iPhone 6s, Carla, my new best friend's ringtone.

Breaking out of my thoughts, I picked up my phone and was immediately greeted by her chirpy voice.

" Helloo!! My dear, dearer, dearest fab bestie! How are you? Taking care of yourself right?

" Carla Wesley, I am your only best friend. And yes I am fine and taking care of myself. How is my godson Alex doing ? Does he still disturb you at night? Where is bro?"

After that fateful incident, Dean had pretty much taken up the role of my brother.

Flashback

He said gratefully," You have helped us so much, you are practically our saviour.. Thank you. Thank you very much"
I cheekily replied," I don't want to be your saviour, maybe ...um...ya!, maybe I can be your sister!? And you can repay me with lots of chocolates?"
He laughed and side hugged me," Your wish, my command, 'sis'."
I replied, " Okay 'bro'!"

Flashback ended

" Yeah !yeah! Your bro and godson are okay! Both of them are sleeping beside each other after being awake for the entire night. They both miss you. They are both waiting for you to visit LA during summers. Enough about us. Now, you missy, tell us about your life. Any new boyfriend or not?", Carla asked excitedly.

Ever since we properly met after Alex's birth, we have been very close. Dean and Carla were practically my bro and sis. They resided in LA but were here for Dean's shoot when Carla went into labour.

And Ever since she came to know about my practically non existent love life, she has made it her life's mission to hook me up with someone.

" Carla, how many times did i tell you this? You know that I don't have time nor faith in them. "

"But...-"

Ting Tong.

The doorbell rang cutting her off.

" Hey Cal! Someone's at the door. Talk to you later."

" alright then ! Love you, bye!"

" yeah! Love you , bye!"

Hanging up the phone call, I opened the door of my apartment.

No one.

If no one is outside, then who rang the doorbell, I wondered.

Confused, I was about to close the door when my gaze landed on a parcel, lying on the floor.

Curious, I picked up the parcel and closed the door.

Taking a seat on my couch, I saw it was addressed to me and then proceeded to open it.

It had...What?

Transfer papers to the head office ?
I did not ask for a transfer.
But then how?

With so many questions swarming in my head, I called my boss.

"Sir, Twinkle Taneja speaking here. Do you have a minute? I wanted to discuss about my transfer. There must be a mistake. I did not ask for a transfer to LA. How did I get transferred there?"

" Oh! Miss Taneja . I was expecting your call. The head office has specifically requested your presence. I have no choice or authority in this matter. I will transfer your belongings directly to your cabin in LA. It was nice working with you. Best of luck . Goodbye." With that , my boss cut the call, without giving me a chance to argue.

Blame my suspicious mind or my mania of reading detective thrillers, I found my transfer very mysterious.

And right on cue, as if to answer my question, my phone rang.

Frowning to see the unknown caller ID, I picked it up and answered it.
"Hello? Who is this?", I enquired.

"Miss Taneja ", a deep husky voice replied in the other side and continued.

" The Game Starts Now."

He hung up.
My eyes widened as my phone fell from my grasp on to the floor .

It was Him.
The man I slapped.

A/N

Finally guys the next chapter is here!! Sorry about its length.

I am pretty much busy with my final exams .

Also I am writing this chapter secretly from my mom as she has forbidden me to use the computer any more.

So please excuse this shitty chapter.

Keep reading and smiling.

Please like and comment

Yours,

Adrija Kundu
priyanvs thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
read all the parts in one go
loved it dear
now what will happen dear
continue soon