VrushanianAdity thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
*This is a pure work of fiction. No offense intended*
Giving in

Life had changed a lot after D3. We won world of dance. And our show, Bindass Naach was a hit. Of course except for a few hysterical reactions sometimes. I could rest in peace couldn't I? But believe me, I'd be grateful if I could. Physically I was relaxed. Sure. But my brain? One word for it, hay-wired. I don't know but I felt like punching myself. Agreed there was no any rational reason for it, but today the more irrational part of my brain was working overtime. Ever since I saw my cousin watching the new Vrushika show, I even planned to cut off our tv cable. I mean.. Why god? "Shan, your co star is doing a great job here." She shouts from the living room. "Whatever.." I shout back and cover my ears with the pillow to ignore the irritating background music. Didn't she join the show like just three weeks back? Damn man, they were already getting married now. And then suddenly, as if I was a pregnant woman, I feel that craving to meet her. "What the hell is wrong with you Maheshwari?" Now, even the rational part wanted me to hit myself. "Oh yes! What better than cycling. I would go around the town in the cycle. Just as I made my mind, I heard my phone ring. I was in no mood to pick it up, but the name on the screen compelled me to do so. "Hey Shantanu? Whassup?" Vrushika asked me. And like she always did, without much of my reply, she asked, "Wanna go around cycling?" And believe me, the world around me then, quite literally collapsed. Vrushika riding a cycle? "Cycling?" I repeated, definitely shocked. "Umm yaa.. There's a cycle sequence coming up.. Just wanted to learn." She answered. Ok. Teaching Vrushika to ride a cycle. I gulped. I would rather build a rocket. As soon as I spoke to say no, "Yes sure." I could not help agreeing. Damn me. I can never help giving into her. "Okay then, let's meet at junction cafe and we can start from there. "Okay." I muttered and kept the phone. My and Vrushika's home were in the exact opposites. Junction cafe, true to it's name was exactly in the middle of the way. And yes, it was damn expensive, obvious there were very less people there. Relief.

Finally Shantanu made it on time. "Punctual huh?" Shantanu looked back, surprised to see Vrushika.. On time. Another shocker. "Hey.." He greeted her with a smile. "You made it on time.. Amazing." Off he was with his usual teasing. Ya, this time to hide his nervousness. Wait.. Why was he nervous? That too seeing Vrushika.. Seriously?? "Uh huh.. I thought I may as well surprise you. But yup you won me this time as well." Vrushika replied making a face. "Okay! You win this time. It can be a secret between us.." Shantanu whispered dramatically. "But seriously, how did you make it this early? I mean we had decided to meet here after half an hour. No shoot today?" He asked, trying to get some insight to her life at present. It had been long since they had last met. And both of them were way too occupied to call. "Got an early off today. Anyways nothing exciting there." She sighed. "Why? Boring co star?" Shantanu smirked. "Hey.. Come on okay.. Just the marriage scene has quite pissed me off.." She trailed off. "Me too.." Shantanu murmured but only audible to himself. "Huh?" She asked. "Well, let's talk for sometime. Anyway the street is going to be way too crowded ...Coffee??" He asked. "Ya sure." She replied and sat down at the nearby table. "Hey.. By the way, You must have had lots of fun in Bindass Naach right?" Vrushika suddenly asked out of blue. "Ya. Sure we had lots of fun there." He replied obviously not noticing Vrushika's change in expression. "I could see that.." She murmured. And then he finally fathomed what she meant. "God! Oh please.. Not you okay.." Shantanu groaned, loud enough to gather all the waiter's attention. "I have already seen so much of that. My goodness I felt like the whole world turned upside down." He added, sighing, lowering his voice. "I saw that too.." Vrushika smiled, empathically. "How's the new show? Do you watch it?" She again asked, smiling brightly. "No. Why should I?" Shantanu teased. "Come on okay. I know you do. At least to check if I ever dance there.." Vrushika smirked. "Yaya.. Whatever.. Anyway, on a serious note, how's the new set? I mean the people n all.." Shantanu asked. "Umm.. Infact, I'll share a secret with you, way too good for me.. You know.. Like all the matured people and stuffs." Vrushika whispered, like a kid complaining for not getting her favorite ice cream flavor. It was obvious of her to think that way. The show she was doing was a daily soap. Not that she had not done a daily soap before, of course D3 too was a daily soap, but the current show was something completely different. As much as she enjoyed the new atmosphere and role, she doubly missed the older ones.

Then, there sitting with Shantanu, the coffee, it's warm smell, the familiar environment inside the cafe was just so comfortable that I really did not want to go out. Neither cycling, nor my home or the set. I wanted to sip the coffee for the entirety of my life. I wanted to talk so much that my mouth just gave up. There were so many things to say, to ask, to talk but they were just too much to be spoken in words, I guess. I wanted to speak so much that I just chose shut up. I knew Shantanu would listen, give some words of encouragement, humor and support. He always did. Just like he always wore that black watch on his left wrist. Shantanu was always a great listener. And of course a great speaker but that moment, I just chose to look at his face rather than listening to him or making him listen me. I could just sit there looking at his face, do nothing, just have coffee and live for the rest of my life, I knew. But only if my life allowed me to do so. Sigh* The reality I knew was that we finish our coffee, pay, take our bikes to the abandoned garden and start practicing. And yes, don't ask me how I brought the bike till the cafe. Well, I'll answer anyways, Dragging.

"So, where should we practice?" Shantanu asked Vrushika as they got up from their table in the cafe. "I was thinking of the abandoned garden. People usually don't go there. So I thought we may as well save ourselves from some juicy gossip." Vrushika smiled. "Uh huh.. Even I was thinking of the same.." Shantanu gave a knowing smile, handing Vrushika a chocolate candy. "Thank you." Vrushika went to the bowl and took a whole fistful of chocolate giving a sheepish smile to the receptionist and Shantanu. "You are still the same impossible self you were.." Shantanu smiled, taking two more candies from Vrushika's fist. "I'm glad I am.." She thought. "So what? You expected me to change in just few months?" She replied. "Come on.. Let's get going.." Shantanu, instead of climbing onto the bike slowly started to push the bike with his hands, walking along with it. Vrushika too did the same, following Shantanu's pace. After nearly fifteen minutes of silent, comfortable walk, finally they both made it to the park. Vrushika was glad to have called Shantanu to teach her cycling. Not only was he a good teacher, but equally caring and well, he knew the most unusual yet fun roads to a destination. Just like he knew the street they had just passed to reach the park. No one knew them there, no one even bothered to look onto their face. And for the first time in her life maybe, Vrushika was glad for not getting that attention, glad for the snickering of the conservative people there, assuming Shantanu and Vrushika to be a couple. It felt good in its own funny way. Same was the thing with Shantanu.

"So let's start?" I smiled. "Umm.. Wait.." Shantanu replied and for the first time in the whole time we were together today, I noticed his bag which now was resting on his cycle's seat. Where exactly was it before? Oh yes, hanging on his shoulder of course. I was the one who did not notice it. Claps to me!? And yup, as usual from the bag came two knee pads and a helmet. Uh huh.. They did bring a wave of sweet memories back. The skate dance for sure. Those were some the best days of my life. And god knows how badly I wanted them back. Okay. Back to the present. But today I was not learning skating was I? Why would I need a pair of knee pads and helmet for cycling? "I'm no way wearing those.." I insisted. "You have no other option." He replied in his stern tone. And I decided to demo him that I would be fine. I don't know what was I thinking when I climbed into that cycle because the next moment I was on the floor. Glaring at Shantanu for no particular reason. "Don't give me that look. I had warned you.. And yes to show where you went wrong, you were paddling backwards.." At least pick me up first. I wanted to shout at him. Never mind. I can stand up myself. I took the helmet and knee pad and wore them. It was not that bad. I knew Shantanu cared for almost everyone. Not being boastful, but I also knew that somehow somewhere down the line, I being the most careless one, he still cared for me the most.

Handing her the knee pad and the helmet, I felt for no particular reason proud. I was happy that she did not bring them herself. I wanted to show her that I still cared. She knew I cared for everyone. She also knew that I used to care for her the most. I wanted her to know that I still did. As she wore it and climbed into the cycle, I taught her the basics of paddling and and handling the brakes. Being the quick learner she was, Vrushika learnt the whole thing in four hours.. And it took all my childhood for me.. Wow! As expected, I would have had to take her to a clinic if it there was no knee pads. She fell down seven times. And escaped a major crash onto a tree once. By the time we were done, Vrushika and I were tired even to stand. Getting into a shed of a tree, I handed her the packet of sandwiches I had prepared. "Shantanu.." Her eyes suddenly widened. "What?" I asked, ignoring her overwhelmed tone. "Bindass Naach success party today.." She squealed. "I'm not going.." I murmured and then realized that it was next to impossible. "Palki ma'am will kill you.." Vrushika whispered. "If you don't come, she'll kill you too.." I replied. "I know that okay.. But I'm too tired to go.." She sulked. "Maybe I can cover up for you.. Like you had shoot or something.." I suggested. "You're going right?" She asked, royally ignoring my suggestion. "Yes.." I showed my irritation. "Then I'm coming too.. Anyway I don't want to miss it.. Everyone will be there.." She squealed. "Let's go shopping.." She all of a sudden added excited more than a kid. "Are you nuts?" I asked her, completely baffled by her thought. "Please.." She made her signature puppy dog expression and well, that moment, I knew I was doing it again.. Giving in to her..

Like I always did.

This piece was with me since few months now,, So just thought of posting.. :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Wow! A Vrushan Os is always a treat to read!

There were many small small moments which I thoroughly enjoyed. Shantanu's irritation with the marriage sequence, that craving to meet her, the usual teasing ,their tensed looks when the talk about the 'fun' on BN sets came up, Everything felt realistic and even if its fiction, its not difficult to imagine such a moment between them happening for real,coz well as a Vrushanian I imagine quite a few moments myself but I know they aren't happening in reality...but yup my hope never dies! 😆

The part where she denies wearing those kneepads and then she's on the floor glaring at him ,typical Vrushika 😆
And yes even I feel (or I want to feel) that Shantanu cares for her the most and for a change he decided to show it,which was cute!

I wish you wrote about the shopping too.I become too greedy when its Vrushan 😛

All in all , a very cute Os.

P.S. I love the title!❤️

Love,
Shreya
Edited by Spark.Shreya - 8 years ago
shreyabiswas03 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
3-4 abhi bhi bache ho toh post kr dena
because the vrushan os makes us very happy
this one is a great piece of work
Rockingbhardwaj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Amazing...
Haye mere Krishan...
Sooo sweet and caring..

Plz post more...
prajana thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Omg..its soo beautiful!
I miss them even the more now
Plz write more vrushan stories
This one is awsome!
ShradhaP13 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thats so awesome...
loved it...😊
mythreyii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey aditi
This is a beautiful piece of write-ups
Indeed a perfect title on vsm
Giving in
He does give in to her at the end every time
Every vrushanian thinks and wants vsm all through out.
Well this was beautiful
--lavanya-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Adityy !!!!
This is so awesome!!
Hearts in my eyes *__*
The entire thing was so so cute and beautiful 👏
Loved the small moments ..loved everything!
Both the Monologues were so perfect..could actually visualize your entire OS.
You wrote VruShan to such a perfection!its commendable 😃
Do write more and more VruShan Drabbles ...they are amazing!
A chotuu request..can u write the shopping and party drabble as well ...i'm too greedy u know..u being an amazing writer .

Best wishes
Lavi di ❤️
prachi_vrushan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
this was so sweet
totally our vrushan
awww i jst loved it