Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sweetka. thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Arjun never accepted defeat n never loose hope on critical sotuation...His lyf story shows his determination...n we learnt a big lesson from arjuna's lifestory...
ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
The story now reached Ashramavas Parva that ends with Kunti,Dhritarashtra and Gandhari leaving their bodies and reaching heaven.
I would like to thank my readers who supported me to write the story of the Great Mahabharat with my own interpretation not changing the soul of the Epic.

Lakshmi
bubulswt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ltelidevara

The story now reached Ashramavas Parva that ends with Kunti,Dhritarashtra and Gandhari leaving their bodies and reaching heaven.

I would like to thank my readers who supported me to write the story of the Great Mahabharat with my own interpretation not changing the soul of the Epic.

Lakshmi

waiting for next update you have done a brilliant job dear you have cover every small detail of epic which I was never aware of don't tell me it's going to end soon
but yes I want to request you one thing I have heard that in jain Mahabharat Darupadi married only Arjun. If you have read it please write one FF about it I would love to read it in your point of view
that how epic happen in that version . It's attracting me that Draupadi was only Arjun's wife
it's request if you can fulfill it your don't know how happy I will be 😃
Edited by bubulswt - 7 years ago
TwinFlames thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Form Focus and Flow .. Arjuna's invincibility.
-------------------------------------------------------------

By IIM Kozhicode ,Former Director.

Arjuna was declared a shrestha, a hero, when he hit the eye of a wooden bird hung on a tree in Drona's school. Arjuna's most powerful weapon was not his Gandiva. His power came from ekagratathe foundation of a meditative mind. Heroes diligently cultivate a meditative mind. A meditative mind is more than just a concentrated mind. In a concentrated mind our attention is limited by our goals or targets for a certain duration of time. Even an ordinary mind can concentrate on a pleasant object or experience.

It is so easy to freeze our glance on a beautiful face or on a sensational image for a considerable period of time. The real challenge is to be able to pull out attention from what is pleasurable or preya to the preferable, that is shreya. Arjuna can pull his mind easily out of the beautiful forest and a flowing river to the preferable work at hand, which is seeing only the eye of the bird. The first stage of creating a meditative mind is to form the mind. A goal helps by giving it direction.

Goals create boundaries for our attention. This is called dharana or holding the mind to a form. Before the mind achieves a state of dharana, the hero has to gradually withdraw the mind from other competing forms. This process called pratyahara involves withdrawing the senses from external distraction. Arjuna achieves this with consummate ease. How did he do that? Arjuna selected from vast streams of information only those bits and pieces that make up the eye of the bird. Thus he is able to hold and fix his attention on the target.

In the second stage Arjuna has to maintain an unbroken focus on the bird's eye for some period of time. The process of bringing the target to one's unbroken focus is called dhyana. Whereas dharana was about fixing attention on an object, dhyana is about sustaining this attention. The difference between the two is the difference between pouring oil drop by drop from a bottle to a pan and pouring oil in a stream of unbroken arc from a bottle to pan. Like the stream of oil, attention moves from the mind to the target.

At this stage Arjuna uses his intellect to overcome the mind's distractions and keep his physical and mental actions going in the set direction. Arjuna has learnt the technique of moving from concentration to consistency. He sustains his attention on just the eye of the bird, away from everything else. This consistency of attention like the smooth flow of oil takes Arjuna to the state of dhyana. In the final stage Arjuna's mind is completely occupied by his action, like a painter who is lost in his painting.

The mental vibrations of the archer Arjuna achieve unity with the physical vibration of the target. This state of unity exists at the edge of the human mind. At this stage the boundary between mind and target is removed. The mind, target and flow of mind toward the target become one seamless awareness. This is the third stage of attention called samadhi. In samadhi, Arjuna enters the zone of invincibility. (The author, DG, IMI, Delhi, is former director, IIM Kozhikode). .

wow amazing info abt Arjuna👏
Divu55 thumbnail

Lakshmi

what a brilliant job you have done so... Such precision in writing????. U have covered basic n every small facts beautifully... Before I was just an admirer of an epic but after ur work on it I fell in love with it laxmi do... Truly... We r waiting for ur next update... Keep up the good work...
Divu55 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bubulswt

waiting for next update you have done a brilliant job dear you have cover every small detail of epic which I was never aware of don't tell me it's going to end soon

but yes I want to request you one thing I have heard that in jain Mahabharat Darupadi married only Arnjun. If you have read it please write one FF about it I would love to read it in your point of view
that how epic happen in that version . It's attracting me that Draupai was only Arjun's wife
it's request if you can fulfill it your don't know how happy I will be 😃

exactly do... I would also like to know... That would be such an interesting concept... OMG... If u could then u must do a project on Jain Mahabharata...
ltelidevara thumbnail
Thank you every one.
Edited by ltelidevara - 7 years ago
ltelidevara thumbnail

Suka ,the son of Ved Vyasa smiled at Parikshit's enthusiasm.He teased him." Prince Parikshit! My father told me the story of Raj Kumar Arjun's excellence in use of weapons. I am fortunate enough to listen to this even before he penned the actual Mahabharat. But whenever I visit you,I am forced to narrate you this part again and again. Don't you want to move ahead ?

Suka is elder to Pari but he has a great rapport with Arjun's grandson. He frequently visits him and spend time with him only. At a young age Suka gained mastery over his senses and studied Vedas and Sastras. He told his father that he will be a sanyasi and lead his life accordingly.

Ved Vyas was sad but finally accepted Suka's wish. Strangely Suka who never interacts with anyone developed a soft corner for the future hope of Pandavas,Arjun's grandson Parikshit. He liked the dark handsome boy of fourteen years who has a dual personality. He lives the life of a prince but he has this detached mindset that peeps out of his Royal countenance,that attracted Suka so much.

Parikshit insisted." I want to swallow the extraordinary excellence of my grand father Arjun. That also listening from some one like you who got it from Sri Vyasa himself.it is too tempting. As much as I want to make it fast in my weaponary training My grand father is moving it slow. He says I don't need to hurry up since situation in Aryavarth is not like it used to be in his time. I may not need to fight that many wars.Still I want to learn atleast one tenth of what my grandfather mastered."

Suka nodded his head and continued.

The science of arms (Dhanurved) classes arms under four heads, viz ., Mukta, Amukta ,
Muktamukta , and Yantramukta . A Mukta weapon is one that is hurled from the hand, as a discus. An
Amukta is not hurled from the hand, as a sword. A
Muktamukta is one that is sometimes hurled and sometimes not, as a mace. A Yantramukta is one shot from a machine, as an arrow or a ball. All Mukta weapons are Astras, while all Amukta ones are called sastras.

There are four kinds of weapons -

1). Mukta weapons ( weapons which can be hurled by hands such as discus,dart and other things such as trees and stones)

2). Amukta weapons ( weapons which cannot be hurled by hands such as sword,noose and bow)

3). Muktamukta weapons ( weapons which can be sometimes hurled and sometimes cannot be hurled by hands like mace,lance and spear )

4). Yantramukta weapons ( weapons which can be hurled only by a machine like arrows or ball

Accomplished in all weapons, Arjuna became the foremost of even the foremost of car-warriors; and his fame spread all over the earth to the verge of the sea. And although the instruction was the same, the mighty Arjuna excelled all (the princes in lightness of hand). Indeed, in weapons as in devotion to his preceptor, he became the foremost of them all.

'Thereafter Drona began to teach Arjuna the art of fighting on horse-back, on the back of elephants, on car, and on the ground. And the mighty Drona also instructed Arjuna in fighting with the mace, the sword, the lance, the spear, and the dart. And he also instructed him in using many weapons and fighting with many men at the same time. And hearing reports of his skill, kings and princes, desirous of learning the science of arms, flocked to Drona by thousands."

Suka stopped as Arjun entered with Uttara. He stood up and Arjun greeted him.He asked him." Did Ved Vyasji arrive from Ganga teer? I want to know about my mother and Gandhari mata and Ofcourse Jyesht Pita."

Suka replied." He may come within one week. I will inform him about your wait for him" He glanced at Parikshit and nodded his head to take leave.

Arjun stared at his disappearing figure and wondered.How could a person look so splendid in such a young age? Suka's face shines with the light of his knowledge.

Arjun turned to Parikshit and asked." How is your practice? Shall I help you in anyway?"

Parikshit clung to him and protested." Who helped you in your training? Still you surpassed everyone. In spite of having you with me I can't make it fast."

Arjun kissed on his forehead and assured." You will learn but where is the hurry? Still you are a kid only."

Uttara laughed and remarked." He is fourteen years old still he is a kid for you. Don't pamper him that much."

Uttara took Parikshit with her and Arjun reminisced his training days at Drona's gurukul.

Gurudev,You are partial to Arjun as always. How could you instruct all the four kinds of usage of weapons? We are still to learn the first one." Duryothan complained.

Bheema laughed loudly." Duryothan! Don't try to catch Arjun. That is impossible for you. Let us both proceed at our own pace. Good for you. Right?" His voice displayed his pride for Arjun's skills.

Duryothan fumed at him." I don't want to be with you. I want to be on par with Arjun"

Bheema laughed uncontrollably. He warned Duryothan " Don't ever compete with my brother. It is impossible not only for you but for anyone else."

Arjun did not realise he reached his favourite spot,the lake side garden. He placed his hands under his head and lied down on the lushly grass bed.

The full moon is shining brilliantly and the cool breeze enveloped him with blue lotus fragrance. He opened his eyes and there she stood extending her hand." See how long you delayed today. Don't want to have your dinner? Chitra and Subhadra are coming in search of you.I came to offer Aarti to Durga and found you here on my way back." She gave explanation.

Arjun clasped her hand and pulled her down." Don't tell lies Yajnaseni. You intentionally came in search of your wander lust husband. Your puja must have finished a while ago."

Panchali's face turned red. He got it. Her puja done at a right time but she stayed back to find him out. Dinner arrangements were over and Vijaya is attending on the King and his brothers.

Panchali stood and said " I am going. You come with your Chitra and Subhadra. "

Arjun again pulled her down and smiled." See how red your nose turned. Accept your love queen. You desparately wanted to meet me since I was away from you for forty hours."

Draupadi crossed him." How could you know it? Don't always take me for granted."

Arjun hugged her close and whispered." Your word is command for me. I won't take you for granted but I will take your love for granted.I hope you won't object."

Panchali smiled sensing his smartness. The ambience is intoxicating for both of them. She should disperse before Subhadra and Chitra reach there. Arjun kissed her passionately before allowing her to leave.

Subhadra and Chitra's voices together rang through the silence." Where are you? We are here to reach you."

Edited by ltelidevara - 7 years ago
Sweetka. thumbnail
Amazing update...dis was so good di
bubulswt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
amazing update Ved Vyasa son name was Suka I never know this
thaks for telling us new information, Parikshit is also very found of Arjun
so he want to listen his excellence stories again and again
so much details about Dhanurved first time I am reading some thing like this