S05E12 - Live to Fight - Discussion/Reviews

-Nymeria- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
S P O I L E R S  for those who haven't watched the episode:

I'm enjoying season 5b more than I enjoyed the last couple of seasons. The fast pace and the tense atmosphere. 👏

Donna-Dad-and-Harvey scenes: Young Donna doesn't resemble grown Donna much, but she acted fine. And young Donna didn't seem to be as sassy and "knows everything" as she is now, but she was definitely perceptive. And I felt bad about the no-money-and-hence-drop-your-dreams situation. It had been mentioned once before, but I felt bad anyway. The rest of it was good too. Donna wanting to help her dad, Harvey trying to protect her, Dad resenting Harvey... All of it making Harvey feel guiltier.
Same with Mike. He's feeling guiltier every second. I liked his Gerard idea. Overall, he didn't have to do much this episode, though.

Sheila Sasz - I guessed. 😃 Not much of a feat, though, considering the amount of info they released. I almost wish now that they hadn't given out so much. That whole list on the website, then the hints dropped in all the IVs... By the time the episode came out I could make a case against everyone on that list. 😆 You do feel bad for Louis, though. :(

And Rachel's got to the point that she annoys me by even appearing on-screen even if she hasn't done anything. She was supposed to be the smartest paralegal in the first couple of seasons, smarter than most of the Harvard-educated associates, so WHY the hell isn't she being shown that way now? I understand that she's worried but I really felt glad when Donna snapped at her. The only things that she's been saying in these 2 episodes - "I love Mike, I won't leave him"; "Of course betraying Harvey crossed my mind, doesn't mean I want him to do that". -__-

Gretchen, on the other hand, was AWESOME. It was kinda obvious that she and Donna would switch places now, but I loved her scene with Louis in the beginning. The only bit of humour in the entire episode. And I loved the last scene they had together even more. 😳

I like Jeff. 😃 And I'm glad he wasn't the snitch. 😃 He's cool. And I'm hoping this means Jessica and Jeff will try to get together again. :)

Gibbs is almost like a female version of Harvey. Probably what Harvey was like during the time he worked for the DA. And that's scary. Mike may gave been hopeful before the end, but I'm not. :(

All in all - Donna was great, Harvey was good, so was Mike. Gretchen was amazing, Rachel was the usual. Louis was good too. Good to see Jeff. And I DON'T want to see Scottie again (that's the Darvey shipper in me speaking). And I don't know how she'd agree to it after what she said in the first epi. :/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Nymeria- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ooh also, Harvey mentioned something about how Gibbs is subpoenaing every case and this wll turn them on each other. It's already happening.

Donna and Harvey had a tiff, Donna/Rachel, Mike/Jessica, Mike/Louis. And we know Harvey and Mike will fight over who represents him soon. :/
reshamc thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I love the tense atmosphere going on at PSL. This half of the season is going really amazing!

Mike & Rachel had a tiff in the last episode. This time we see Donna & Harvey, Louis & Mike, and Donna & Rachel say some bitter stuff to each other. Things are sure to get much harder in the coming weeks. 

Going by the "right thing to do" logic, I guess Sheila was the only choice. I still think she should have contacted Louis. She knew Mike worked with him, so she could warn him at least. 

Basically the decision of making Mike the junior partner did come back to haunt everyone. I had said this during that time only, Jessica was in the right when she asked Mike to turn down the partnership. He may be smart and he may be hardworking, but he cannot be in the limelight. Mike always knew he could not get to the top of the ladder - reason why he went into investment banking. In a normal situation, Mike's meteoric rise to junior partnership would be a celebration of his talent. Great publicity for PSL also. But in this case, it just turned out to be their worst nightmare. One innocent query into Mike's past & everything starts to fall apart.

Gretchen's confession in the end was a shocker for me!! Her idea to surprise Harvey was actually sweet. +1 to her for thinking of that gesture. And +5 to her for saying she is with them, even after knowing the truth. Another +5 for handling Louis in the start of the episode in that sassy way ;)

Letter from prof. Gerard was a great idea. It's kind of sad how smart Mike really is...but even all this smartness can't seem to help him. Oh well, at least they solved Donna's problem. 

Next week is going to be interesting with the whole firm being subpoenaed. I think we will get our mock trial soon. 

SoreThumb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nickel8

And Rachel's got to the point that she annoys me by even appearing on-screen even if she hasn't done anything. She was supposed to be the smartest paralegal in the first couple of seasons, smarter than most of the Harvard-educated associates, so WHY the hell isn't she being shown that way now? I understand that she's worried but I really felt glad when Donna snapped at her. The only things that she's been saying in these 2 episodes - "I love Mike, I won't leave him"; "Of course betraying Harvey crossed my mind, doesn't mean I want him to do that". -__-

@bold: i hear you

the problem being she's not just not doing anything but being actively obtuse and selfish 
Effervescent_R thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Suddenly Rachel's become my least fav character...she's being selfish n I dont know why but I dont think Mike n Rachel will still be together by d end of it all!!
loved Gretchin to the core!!
This Gibbs is definitely one dirty player n will go to any extend which makes this case even more interesting
I really like Jeff , he is a voice of reason
n I hope Jessica n Jeff end up together!!
Felt really bad for Luis today
Shiela as d glitch...well I would be lying if I say it didnt cross my mind...but for reason I thought it would be Trorian's character dont remember her name
sehar mehrotra thumbnail
All n all a great episode!

I felt bad for young Donna that she couldn't pursue her dreams. Harvey-Dad-Donna scenes were great, the one thing I absolutely love about Donna is that whatever she has to say to Harvey, good or bad, she'll say it without a second thought of whether he likes it or not. And when she snapped at Rachel i wanted to kiss her...👏

I understand that Rachel's scared and everything, but she's getting irritating with every passing epi. She's a lawyer so perhaps she should use those big brains of hers to figure sum other angle to help Mike and Harvey with the case instead of trying to get every person to turn on Harvey.

And Harvey is awesome when he gets all protective about Donna, gosh my OTP.

I felt sorry for Louis, poor guy!!

I've only started watching this show religiously this season so I'm not that aware of Sheila and Louis, Scottie, etc...But I'm sooo in love with this show.

Puma18 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Can they please drop Rachel from the Series 😔
-Loq- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
With the way Rachel is getting on my nerves with each passing epi I wish for her to go to a far away land.
Can she stop whining ALL the time?
It hurts to watch that.