Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anam... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
^ That wasn't even the point I was making. What I was saying is that Sajal on the basis of a couple of movies (or how many movies) she was offered made a sweeping generalisation that BW might not give Pakistanis great roles, do not respect Pakistani actors enough, have their own terms and conditions (the last 2 points were implied in a couple of her interviews), etc. She said that Fawad & Mahira were the only ones working on their own terms but she doesn't know how long that will last.
Basically Sajal already had a pessimistic attitude towards BW based on whatever offers she got or whatever she wanted to believe.

Sajal even said that actors from Pakistan rush to be a part of BW movies and end up doing things which makes them lose respect in their own country.
So basically Sajal not only dissed BW but her own colleagues/contemporaries as well just to show how different she is by not jumping to do any film that comes her way. Ironically a few months after making these lofty statements she goes and signs a Hindi movie.

What I was talking about is not specific to Sajal only, other Pakistani actors have also made statements to the effect of - BW doesn't give Pakistanis great roles, actors are not respected, etc etc etc.
If I am not wrong even Fawad said that he didn't want to do Hindi movies (much before he was offered Khoobsurat) because he said Pakistanis don't get great roles in BW. What happened? Not only is he getting decent roles, he seems to be happy as well.

What I am trying to say is that it's very easy for these actors to sit and make sweeping generalisations and think the worst and dismiss the entire industry and make lofty statements, but when the right opportunity comes they are the ones eager to be a part of BW.

Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
^Oh sorry that comment wasn't for you and I don't know such things really as I hardly follow actors offscreen to know what they're saying. I only read that recent interview of Sajal I don't know what Fawad or Imran said about not getting good roles in Bollywood.
I think you have to be real lucky to land a good role recently things changed and both male and females are getting good roles as alot of male & female oriented films released and are releasing this year even big stars don't do well written roles all the time it only come to them once in awhile expect for Aamir maybe...
I-Heart-Sanz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
@Anam, Firstly, my post wasn't specifically directed to anyone! Just wrote my feelings from what I read on SNS.

I completely understand your point of view. But I think what they said isn't wrong too! Pakistani actors don't have the reach and popularity compared to Bollywood actors or even Hindi serials as a matter of fact. So even if they are offered scripts, it ought to be an average one as obviously the big production houses in Bollywood have enough people in their country to cast in movies with good scripts. What Sajal or Fawad had said in their respective interviews are in fact a very practical thought. Being in the Pakistani industry that gave them the name and fame, they ought to praise their industry over anything.

Viewpoint on Pakistani actors is changing now as they are producing quality work and also the social media helps to reach out to more people. And that is how Fawad Khan and Mahira Khan have stepped into Bollywood. Although, Fawad's Khoobsurat didn't do well in the box office, his acting was widely appreciated and he even bagged Karan Johar film. Although this actors had a pessimistic view on BW, I think this is changing now as Pakistani actors are being offered good roles now. But you have to see, this is something that is starting to happen now only. Like Mahira being offered film with SRK and Sajal alongside Sridevi. These are BIG names we are talking about. Why would any sane actor reject such an offer? 😆

What Fawad and Sajal had said is something that has always been the case for Pakistani actors but since now Bollywood is willing to welcome talented people into the industry and even offer roles alongside famous stars, why not just do it?

As for Sajal, I know that she has rejected BW offers before so the movie she has signed for is not something that she suddenly jumped into. It should be the script and of course, Sridevi! She is a legend👏 On top of it, Boney Kapoor Production! Debuting with such big names is indeed a great thing and something that no one wants to give a miss. And of course, Fawad and Mahira being welcomed with open arms into the industry would have changed her viewpoint about BW.

I also agree with Sajal that those who jump into it make a fool of themselves. Imran Khan did Creature, he hardly had a role to play in the movie! Lip locks and what not, he seemed to be in the news only for the wrong reasons. Also, Mawra Hocane, she definitely did a good job when it came to acting but it was such a weak script. More than the movie, she was in the news for her closeness with her costarAm not saying that Sajal was referring to them specifically but just giving you an example. After earning fame and respect from your hometown, you should be careful with every step that you take. Coz, even when you are shooting in another country, you are still a representative of Pakistan and it's industry. Mawra Hocane may have gained fans from India but at the same time she did lose many in Pakistan. If you search for her in SNS, you will know what I am referring to.

I agree that these actors had a different viewpoint of BW but now it is definitely changing! Mainly coz the general viewpoint about Pakistani actors is changing! They are reaching out to more people now! Even BW is starting to give them prominent roles now! That is why now many are giving a nod to BW in my opinion.

Sorry for the long post😆 Just my point of view! Didn't intend to anyone or any fan groups.

Edited by I-Heart-Sanz - 8 years ago
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Fawad and Mahira both maintain there dignity and is still loved and respected in Pakistan. Mahira is still working for Pakistan she had a film released this year and I think Fawad also have a Pakistan film coming up?
Sajal will work for both too but I don't think she will do anymore drama's but will focus more on films.
Anam... thumbnail
@Simplypriceless

It's okay if what you said was against my POV. Everyone has their own opinion and it's okay if you put yours across as well. I am sorry if I came across as being harsh while putting my point across.

Imran Abbas infamously said that BW actresses are kaali and Aishwarya Rai toh Pakistan ki har gali mein milti hai.
What happened then? His first movie was opposite Bipasha Basu who is a dusky beauty or kaali in his words. Since he was desperate to do a Hindi movie he chose to be a part of a crappy movie opposite a "kaali" actress.

This guy used to have a condescending attitude towards BW, not to forget his own holier than thou attitude when it comes to his own colleagues.
Now there is a sea change in his attitude after working in Hindi movies. He praises the professionalism of BW and the respect the actors in BW get unlike the Pakistani industry.

He has always put either one industry down and praised the other. First he put down BW and now he puts down the Pakistani industry.

Edited by Anam... - 8 years ago
kojagoryfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sorry. Kya ye gul e rana ka AT hay or i made this mistake ke ye pakistani actors ka statement analysis ka thread hay?
Anam... thumbnail
@I-Heart-Sanz

Sorry but I assumed a part of your reply was for me since a bit of the wording seemed like it was an answer to what I had mentioned in my previous post.

I don't completely disagree to what some of these Pakistani actors say, they are right in their own way but the way they express their point of view comes across as being extremely arrogant.
The attitude that comes across is "I am a superstar here, why should I do Hindi movies unless my co actor is SRK or Salman Khan". I wonder how many of them sign movies for the script or it's just the actor & banner that matters. It's like they are looking for a perfect launch pad. That's also okay but in the effort to put themselves on a pedestal they end up dissing others.

I think Sajal was referring to Humaima Malik & Imran Abbas when she said actors lose respect in their own country after taking up any roles.

I think these actors are grown up enough to make decisions on how they want to be portrayed in films. If they choose to expose or do intimate scenes it's their calling they can't blame the industry for not respecting the actors. Most Indian actors have also been offered B grade movies (barring star kids) at some point on their careers, they choose do it or not is their calling. Industry producers and directors can sense desperation and so quite a few actors get offered these B grade films. It's always the actor's decision whether he/she wants to do these kind of films. You can't blame the industry for disrespecting Pakistani actors. No one forces them to do these movies, they are desperate and so they end up signing these kind of movies. Randeep Hooda also started his career doing these kind of movies, now he is doing a movie with Aishwarya Rai. I don't think he ever said the industry disrespected me.
A lot of these Pakistani actors take it as a personal insult being offered these kind of movies. Fact is even Indian actors get these kind of movie offers. Those who don't have any family backing end up doing such movies to either fill their stomachs or to get noticed in some way or the other.
Pakistani actors have no such compulsion. They are known names in their country so if they take up such roles they are the ones to be blamed, not the Indian film industry.

Fawad & Mahira waited for correct opportunities and therefore got to be a part of decent movies. It's credit to them for that. Now if other actors were hasty and chose rubbish movies just to be a part of BW it's entirely their fault.

Anam... thumbnail
Sajal's decision to do a movie with Sridevi is an absolutely correct decision, atleast on paper. One can't say how the film will actually turn out to be.
I was never questioning that. My entire comment was that - it's ironic that after making such lofty statements, it seemed like being a part of BW is beneath Sajal's dignity and a few months after giving that interview she goes and signs a Hindi movie.

P.S. I think Pakistan had better dramas before (ten twenty years ago). It's just that social media and Zindagi channel made Pakistani dramas known outside Pakistan. Now there just a handful of good dramas being made.

@I-Heart-Sanz: Thanks for the long yet well worded post. I don't think you offended anyone. I am sorry if I have offended anyone. It's just that people speak rubbish about India & BW and then change their tunes which annoys me.
Recently in BW, Sonam made such an idiotic statement when she said she doesn't want to go to HW and play the exotic Indian girl, when in her Coldplay video she did exactly that. That was just an example to show how ridiculous and disrespectful these actors seem when they talk like this.

Ok am done ranting here on this topic and it's a closed chapter from my side.
Let's carry on with GeR discussions now.

Anam... thumbnail

Originally posted by: kojagoryfan

Sorry. Kya ye gul e rana ka AT hay or i made this mistake ke ye pakistani actors ka statement analysis ka thread hay?

Don't worry the GeR AT will resume after a page. For this page atleast it's a statement analysis thread😛
Anam... thumbnail
How are they going to wrap up this show in 3 episodes?
I haven't watched many Pakistani shows but this show has been a major disappointment after a good start.

Are all Hum Tv shows so badly edited?