Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Anam...

According to an Instagram page, Sajal is in India for some work.

Wonder what it is because Sajal made it extremely clear that she wants to work on her terms and conditions and is not desperate to do a Hindi film.

She also said she was waiting for the right roles to come to her as the roles she was offered before didn't appeal her.
Anam... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
In a couple of interviews I read, Sajal didn't seem interested in doing Hindi movies. She said she would rather be a part of a Pakistani movie that would gain acceptance outside the country.
Not just Sajal but a lot of actors make such lofty statements and then jump at the first opportunity they get to do a Hindi movie.

Midnightsorrow thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anam...

In a couple of interviews I read, Sajal didn't seem interested in doing Hindi movies. She said she would rather be a part of a Pakistani movie that would gain acceptance outside the country.

Not just Sajal but a lot of actors make such lofty statements and then jump at the first opportunity they get to do a Hindi movie.

I agree she didn't sound desperate at all but I still felt one day she is going to accept an offer one day and this role might have attached her. She seems to have a very good role in the film as it's a mother/Daughter based story.
.Intoxicated. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
all i hope is that she maintains her dignity...bcz i dont want to hate sajal.
.Eesha. thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I heard Sridevi saw her in a drama "Chup raho" and was impressed by her thats why she offered the role to her
candyblossom thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Rperhaps get won't be coming this Saturday due to pak-india match
I-Heart-Sanz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Sajal didn't say that she would never do a Bollywood movie! But that she prefers working in her hometown more! She did say that she would do it if the script is good. Moreover, from the story, it seems like she liked it coz it seems to be performance oriented movie.

Even if people "jump" into Bollywood, what is wrong about it? As an actor, they would want to work with wide range of people and learn from other well established productions. And if someone decides to cross the border, it seems like a big sin in Pakistan! Not only Sajal, am referring to Fawad and Mahira Khan too! People term term as betrayers! Like seriously!

In my country, shows are not that widely popular but if a talented person goes abroad to shoot something, we all will be so proud of the person as he/she is representing our country in a sense. It is definitely something to be proud of.

I understand that Pakistanis follow the culture and tradition very closely. And Bollywood is somewhat a complete opposite of what Pakistanis are! But I think even these actors would have kept such things in their mind before accepting the projects. So even before watching these people's films, it is not right to pass comments on them. Hate them if they represent your country in a bad light once you have seen their films. But if they happen to showcase their talents and that too even better than the Bollywood actors than it is something to be proud of!

Edited by I-Heart-Sanz - 8 years ago
-MitwaIshqPe- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I don't think we'll get an episode this weekend due to the Pak-Ind match
Anam... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^ Firstly, I have no problem with Sajal or any other Pakistani actor coming to India to do a Hindi movie. It's their choice, their decision to take up work wherever they want to, be it India or China.
Secondly, Sajal is grown up to know what she is comfortable doing onscreen and what she isn't comfortable doing.

My comment was to do with the fact that in her interview Sajal did kind of diss the Indian film industry and said she would rather be a part of a Pakistani project than a Hindi movie. Nothing wrong with that as well since it's her point of view. My question is why does their opinion change as soon as they are offered a Hindi movie? Then suddenly BW and India is great place to work in.

Even Imran Abbas sitting in Pakistan had a lot of nonsense to spew about how Indians look and this horrible snooty attitude towards BW. As soon as he was offered Hindi movies he changed his tune.

The hypocrisy of some these actors annoys me. Sitting in Pakistan they go on dissing Indians & BW, but jump to do a Hindi movie as soon as they are offered one.

Edited by Anam... - 8 years ago
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
^And no one wants to do a filler role just for the sake of it. She never accepted her other offers because the roles didn't attached her and her debut isn't with anywho but Sridevi is a legend and well respected in the industry by many, big PH will get to see her and might approach her also Bollywood films these days are doing well base on concept and raved reviews so if the concept of the film and reviews are good I'm sure it will do well.