Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Anu_TanHa

Awesome update beautifully penned down.

I'm liking the way you portraying sharon's character, i always liked sharon as strong person.
U have dress up properly for breakfast now this is some real crazy family 😆, They are more like to show off and live false life more keen to protect their repo.🤢
I never thought swayam would be like this but i think he actually is not like this and only pretend to be rude to hide hurt(something related to swayam-rey past) Bilkul khadoos nikla poor sharon 😆. For a sec i was so happy that yeah i hero protected his princess but muh khola aur sab barbad ker diya 😆
Is vicky in negative character 😳
And i'm getting a feeling that ryt now sharon might be feeling that her sasu ma is better than other "the shekhawats" but in future she'll be the one creating mu's between SwaRon.😛😆
Overall loved the update and i liking how story moving ahead. It will be treat to read how this cold hearted swayam will fall for sharon and she will own his heart
Update soon pretty soon

Hey, thanks for taking the time out to read and review.

Shekhwats are a crazy family. :D Sharon finds her sasu-mom all right because she is the only one who has spoken to her. Vicky is leaning more towards a negative character.

I am glad you like Sharon's portrayal. Hope you enjoy the future updates!

Thanks again
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mythreyii

Hola

Amazing amazing and amazing
This is jus amazing.u killed it seriously
Sharon's reaction on a girl being there to help her and the wardrobe part..
All the more funny yet sad truth was the dress code for breakfast that literally shocked and confused her.
U have described the scenes in simple yet connectable way that adds charm to the ff.
Sharon's character was highlighted when she asks her to call her Sharon by name when no one is around
U wrote Sharon beautifully here
Well undoubtedly u justify every character to the point.
The convo in breakfast table was crazy.
Taani is one another character that is yet to be explored.
I feel she could be the one with sharon in the house.
Anjali is certainly a success oriented woman who wants things under her control as is ppl.
Well Sharon is going to have a hard time arranging party.
What I like the most in the ff is how u managed to describe the business life style of the ppl. U have caught it right .
And swayum fight with Vicky was shocking though his answer cleared the shock.
I love the way its all from Sharon POV which was lacking in the show according to me . it was much of swayum.
Swayums last lines are the best..

P.s. I have not seen d3 from initial days.
It was after 2 years of the show did I c it . but still Sharon was what I loved. And still could understand the complication of her.

Lovely ff update soonish.

Thanks a ton for this lovely response!

I started wathcing D3 from the initial days and absolutely loved the Sharon character. She was layered and complex, not your typical hindi-serial heroine. I liked that she was not just a miss-goody-two-shoes. You generally don't see a lot of female leads in Indian telly like Sharon. Also I thought Sneha captured the character pretty well. Vrushika also added her own charm. Both of them did a great job portraying this character whom people didn't know whether to love or hate (especially in the initial run of the show).

I am so happy you are liking the character portrayal. Next update will be pretty soon. Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for reading :)
Anu_TanHa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrinaS10

Hey, thanks for taking the time out to read and review.

Shekhwats are a crazy family. :D Sharon finds her sasu-mom all right because she is the only one who has spoken to her. Vicky is leaning more towards a negative character.

I am glad you like Sharon's portrayal. Hope you enjoy the future updates!

Thanks again

Sharon was and will always be my fav character she held so many layers with so much complexity. She was never a typical charcater coated wid sugar or goody bahu character holding diya in mandir 😆. She always felt REAL and vibrant. And the way Sneha portrayed it so well was just Awesome and beyond any comparision. 👏
This is also one more reason which made me to read ur ff is i found that essence in your ff. And i hope u'll keep portraying Sharon that made me fall for her and won't do any compromise.
Update soon dear. 😳
Edited by Anu_TanHa - 8 years ago
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anu_TanHa

Sharon was and will always be my fav character she held so many layers with so much complexity. She was never a typical charcater coated wid sugar or goody bahu character holding diya in mandir 😆. She always felt REAL and vibrant. And the way Sneha portrayed it so well was just Awesome and beyond any comparision. 👏
This is also one more reason which made me to read ur ff is i found that essence in your ff. And i hope u'll keep portraying Sharon that made me fall for her and won't do any compromise.
Update soon dear. 😳

I agree with you. When I started watching D3 I absolutely loved Sharon's character. She was layered and complex, not your typical hindi-serial heroine. You generally don't see a lot of female leads in Indian telly like Sharon. Sneha did capture the character pretty well. Vrushika also added her own charm.

Hopefully you enjoy the future updates! :)
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail

Chapter 4 - The Unexpected

Days rolled by quickly. Sharon still hadn't finalized anything for the party which would be in a week. One lazy afternoon, she was going through a magazine when she got a call from Rey, asking her if she would like to meet him for dinner. Sharon agreed, somewhat happy to meet her brother.

"So, how is everything at you new home?" asked Rey, as their drinks arrived.

"Okay, I guess... ," Sharon replied taking a sip of red wine, "I am still getting used to. You know they have a rule about dressing up for the meals. You can't wear a night suit for dinner or breakfast!"

Rey laughed at this, "You're joking!"

Sharon shook her head still laughing, "It feels like living in a hostel sometimes. Remember when I was in a boarding school in Mussoorie-" Sharon stopped speaking mid-sentence.

Rey noticed the slight change in her demeanor and quickly changed the topic, "Your husband and father-in-law comes in almost every day to our office. Too much paperwork and restructuring is happening. Dad is not too happy with the lack of control in his hands but it's definitely better than the alternative of going out of business."

Rey continued, "But it's your mother-in-law, Anjali Aunty who scares me the most. She is like a smiling assassin. When she comes to office I get very nervous."

Sharon began laughing, "You and scared? That's a first. Although I have to say that Anjali Aunty has been the friendliest to me. Rishi Uncle talks to me sometimes, but Swayam and Taani, they hardly-" she stopped again. She was giving Rey a glimpse in her personal life- her life with Swayam. It was almost a month since they got married and they even hadn't talked to each other, despite sleeping in the same room.

She was glad when Rey didn't notice this time. He seemed to be engrossed in his own thoughts.

"Rey, are you okay?" Sharon asked as the waiter served the food.

"Actually Sharon," he began, "there was another reason why I wanted to talk to you. It's about Swayam."

Sharon raised an eyebrow, concerned, "What is it?"

Rey cleared his throat, "I know our company has been taken over by your in-laws and there has been a big change in decision making - we don't have much say in company matters, but I feel like Swayam has some personal vendetta against me."

"Personal vendetta?" Sharon spoke, puzzled, "Why would Swayam be after you? It's not like you have interacted with him much. Are you sure you are not over thinking?"

Rey shook his head, "No I am not. I am telling you Sharon, it feels like he is out to get me, to hurt me. He has removed me from all important projects. He has, informally, demoted me. And whatever I do, no matter how good I perform, he rejects all my proposals. It's personal, Sharon. I know that. I just don't know why."

Rey spoke again, "And that is why, I was wondering, if you... you could, you know, speak to Swayam about this."

Sharon raised her eyebrows. "Wow" she exhaled. "You wanted to meet me for dinner for this favour?" It was a question but she knew the answer. Rey didn't say anything. It hurt her more.

Sharon pushed her chair and picked up her bag.

"Wait, Sharon please," Rey pleaded.

She turned away from him and left the restaurant, tears rolling down her cheeks.

---------

Sharon sat in a bench in the lawn of Shekhwat house. She had come back from the dinner a few minutes before but she didn't want to enter the house yet. Her eyes were puffy from crying and black eyeliner dripped down her cheeks. She needed some time to calm herself.

"Are you fine?" came a girl's voice from behind.

Sharon turned, startled. It was Taani.

Sharon nodded at first and then shook her head, "No, I am not. What was I thinking? That Rey really wanted to have a conversation with me? That he wanted to hear and know how I was? How could I have been so stupid to think that they cared for me?"

Sharon blurted in one breath. Taani sat beside her and put her hand over Sharon's, "I am sorry, Sharon, for what you are going through."

Sharon managed a weak smile, "Thanks. I really needed to say that out loud. I have been thinking it in my mind for so long... It feels good to let those emotions out."

Sharon went on, "I don't have many friends, not close friends and I am not even that close to Rey or dad. I thought, I hoped, at least my partner would be there for me. I feel so alone." Sharon immediately regretted her words. She had earlier that night, almost told Rey about her and Swayam's true relationship and now she said that to Taani, his sister!

"I... didn't mean that... I am sorry," Sharon apologized.

"It's okay," Taani consoled her, "You don't have to. I know under what circumstances you got married. I know how my family, especially Swayam can be like. To be frank, I don't like this version of my brother at all. You know, there was a time when he was so different, so jovial and nice. I miss that Swayam."

Sharon raised her eyebrows in shock, "Swayam and nice?"

Taani nodded, "You would have liked the old Swayam too. He had a way with everyone. It was difficult not to like him."

"What happened? To him?" Sharon inquired.

Taani shrugged her shoulder, "I don't know."

They sat outside on the bench for an hour, chatting about their lives, their hopes and everything under the sky. When they entered the house, Anjali, Rishi and Swayam were all sitting in the drawing room, talking.

"I trust your dinner with Rey went well," Rishi asked politely. Sharon nodded.

"We were just discussing about your and Swayam's honeymoon," Anjali added.

Sharon stiffened as she sat on the sofa. Honeymoon? With Swayam - Thanks but no thanks, she wanted to say.

"But given the takeover and the heaps of work, Swayam said he wouldn't have time," Anjali spoke and Sharon breathed a sigh of relief.

Anjali continued, "So I told him to take you out for a nice dinner at least. He has been so engrossed in work; it will be a good outing for both of you. You can celebrate your 1st month anniversary."

Sharon smiled and looked at Swayam. He was busy typing in his laptop. He didn't even say a word or nod or acknowledged.

Great, Sharon thought to herself, the dinner with Rey was a disaster and now she had to brace herself for a "romantic" dinner with Swayam. She took a deep breath, mentally preparing herself.

---------

Night of the Dinner

Neha laid out a light pink colored gown on the bed for Sharon. "Do you like this Sharon?" Neha asked.

Sharon said "yes" without even looking at the dress. She was busy reading a magazine. What was the point after all? Why would she take any pains to get dressed for this supposedly romantic dinner? It's not like Swayam would do a complete u-turn and become a nice person, like Taani said, he was once upon a time.

Her doubts proved correct when the chauffer informed her that Swayam would reach the restaurant directly from office. On the way to the restaurant, she was contemplating if she should return. She had half a mind to go back but stopped as she saw the set up. The restaurant had arranged a private table for them near the beach. There was a pebbled path which led to the table. They had decorated the 4 posts on each side of the table with beautiful white flowers and lit candles all around it. There was a bottle of rose wine kept in a silver bucket with ice. A few feet away from the table soft waves gently touched the sea. It was beautiful.

She was admiring the excellent arrangements as she took her seat. Swayam came a minute after. He was dressed in a light blue shirt and brown trousers. His hair was messier than usual and he was carrying - his laptop! Sharon groaned inwardly at the sight of the laptop.

"It's beautiful," she said as he sat opposite to her, "Thanks."

"I didn't do this," he stated blankly.

Before she could reply, the manager of the restaurant came to the table to greet them. He gave a little info about their menu and took his leave after Swayam placed the order.

"So..." Sharon began, "how was your day?"

"The usual," he replied, without looking at her, typing on his cell.

She frowned, "You know, it's rude to use your cell-phone and not look at someone when they are talking to you."

Swayam raised his eyes slowly. She was pretty, up close. Her hair fell to back, the breeze swaying it. Her cheeks and lips were pink, just like the gown which she was wearing.

"What?" she asked.

Swayam realized he was staring at her, "I am looking at you."

Sharon blushed.

Swayam smirked, enjoying her reaction, "You said it was rude not to look."

"Oh, yeah," Sharon acknowledged, a little embarrassed.

"What did you want to talk about?" he asked her.

"Umm..." Sharon was at a loss of words, "I don't know..." What would they talk about? They had no common ground.

"I thought so," he spoke in a triumphant tone and started typing in his cell again.

Sharon bit her lip in anger. "Okay, let's talk then. Why don't you start by telling why you have been treating Rey unfairly in office?"

Swayam scoffed, "Rey came running to you to complain?"

"So it's true," she said, contemplating his words, "what do you have against him? Why were you so angry at him during our wedding?"

Swayam tapped his fingers on the table. She had noticed, he thought.

"None of your concern," he quipped and started browsing on his cell.

He was trying her patience. She banged her hands on the table, with a little more ferocity than she intended, but that is how he affected her. "What is your problem Swayam? You do realize we have to spend quite some years together. It's been a month since we got married. We can't live like strangers our entire life. I am at least making an effort."

Swayam kept his cell phone away, his full attention on her, "I know what I have signed up for. If you are thinking that we can have a fairy tale happy marriage then let me stop you right there. This," he said gesturing with his hands, "is a marriage of convenience- nothing more than that. We just have to pretend. I won't expect anything from you and I expect the same in return."

She had had enough of him. "Enjoy your dinner," she said and walked away.

Swayam was left dumb-founded as he saw his wife's retreating back.

---------

"What do you mean you won't go?" Sharon angrily asked the chauffer when he said he couldn't take her home. She was standing at the car park outside the restaurant.

"Ma'am, Swayam Sir has sent the other car back. He told me that you both will go back together," the chauffer replied, clearly scared of Sharon, who looked like on the verge of breathing fire.

She cursed Swayam and herself. Why did she ever agree for this dinner? What was she expecting? She quickly hailed a cab and gave the driver the directions to the Shekhwat House.

----------

Sharon was taking off her earrings when Swayam entered the bedroom. He immediately bolted the door.

"What was that?" he asked angrily.

Sharon ignored him.

"You left me there, alone?" He got even angrier.

Sharon still didn't reply. She kept the earrings in the jewelry box and headed for the closet.

Suddenly Swayam grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him. His grip tightened on her arm, "Don't ignore me."

"I told you we need to keep up appearances. And make it the last time you pull a stunt like that in front of the staff," he spoke irately.

Sharon knew she was getting under his skin. She was enjoying his irritation and frustration - just like he enjoyed back at the restaurant. Sharon still didn't speak a word.

She tried to wriggle her arm out of his grip but he didn't let go. He gently pushed her back on the door. Sharon was pinned to the door and that is when she realized how close Swayam was to her. Their bodies were lightly touching one another. Her hand was on his chest, trying to push him away. She felt his breath on face.

She raised her eyes and looked at him. His face was just inches apart from her - his look wavering between her eyes and lips. For some reason, it made her heart flutter. Slowly he raised his other hand and touched her cheek lightly with the tip of his thumb. She quivered at his touch.

---------

Swayam traced his thumb from her cheek to her lower lip and let it linger. He could feel her breathing quicken. Her lips were trembling at his touch and he liked it. He liked how she closed her eyes for a second when he laid a finger on her cheek. He liked how she was looking at him, as if she was waiting for him. She didn't move a muscle. Her skin was so soft, he thought. He always considered her pretty, but at this proximity, she looked beautiful - big brown eyes, soft skin, and her pink lips. His breathing slowed as he moved his lips towards her when she abruptly pushed him away.

"What are you doing?" she demanded, her voice a mix of confusion and anger.

He backed off, muttered a "sorry" and left the room swiftly. What was he doing?

He was furious at her for leaving him at the restaurant. On confronting her she had a look of defiance in her eyes. It was a long time since he had seen such brazenness. It stirred something in him. She was a challenge, not merely the meek girl he assumed she was. Is that why he felt drawn to her all of a sudden?

He had been down this road before, he thought, as he sat down in the lawn of his house.

He couldn't, not again.

---------

Edited by BrinaS10 - 8 years ago
yadnyasawant thumbnail
superb loved it
nxt update soon
awesome
koms_vrushan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wonderfull nice ff. looking forward for awesome update.
SHAhira-Swaron thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Awesome chappy Shani's tlks ws nce nw sharon knw a ltl abt swayam lvd swaron scene der convo d fght nd der fiercenes nd wid ur wrtng ts jst mndblwng der clse proximty gosh he ws abt to kis her i lvd t totly nd tq fr shwng swayam pov wld lve to read mre tq
mythreyii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Heya
Yet again a beautiful update.
Loved it from the top to bottom.
The meet of Sharon and rey.as guessed rey had his own worries and solution is Sharon to speak to swayum.
And Sharon in a moment was happy and was talking happily.
She sure needs a time alone. Her convo with taani was a surprise. It was well written. Their short heart-felt chat was really good and much needs from Sharon side.
Now is the best part of update their dinner oops "romantic" date. I really liked Sharon's initiative to talk and his blunt answers. She did the right by walking away giving him a shock and the scene in room was reaaly well penned.she loved getting on his nerves.
And swayum getting lost on her for a small time and his thoughts on her.
So rey has no idea u swayum hates him. Swayum last woed s has been in this road before.probably its kria the connection between rey and swayum may be ..

P.s. I love Sharon for the same reason she is not the typical bechari. She was complicated layered and rude and grey. She is not oh-so good and does not care if she is rude to stranger. At times she herself fails to understand her actions. A very well written and portrayed character in d3. The very reason swaron were hit. Angry girl calm boy is rare in Indian TV.

I love Sharon here too
ShradhaP13 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Awesome...
loved it to the core...😊