Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SHAhira-Swaron thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Sorry For the RES again
Pheww going to unress first sorry for unressing so late i have been trying to review since three days but now got a little time and now coming to the update
Am still in trance and getting it all in my mind with all the happenings🤢🤢
Uhh huhhh swayam has gone too far now i expected the reason behind rey behind the bars but swayam literaaly has gone out of mind now😡 like WTH mann he totally has trust issues he is a grey person so hollow and what made him this hollow utghhh swayam why cant you just think about sharon before his actions now that he has created a rift and did an idiotic action i want him to make something very special for sharon
Am feeling pity for sharon am just Loving nahh is there any other word after loving because i seriously adore her patience level😳😳 she is perfect in everything i soo wish i can be like her alas she was waiting for him and swayam so irresponsible i really didnt expect this from swayam he could atleast have confronted taani before taking any action but it might hurt his ego i thinkand literally he just didnt think about sharon for even a sec and the consequences here after throughout the update i was just holding my breath and when sharon
THAT I WAS ACTUALLY FALLING FOR YOU
And my beat just skipped and a tear formed and my mind went blank and same goes now am totally blank i just couldn't this to be happen at this point of time and when she went unconscious and the care for her by swayam i think he loves and care for her but when he gets out of his mind nothing else matters and sharon ques might realise him a bit tht he is wrong asi think after when she gained conscious and the tone in him i dont know wether he might think about it by the end sharon decision and the tear fell down she really has gone through so much now its time she stands
I literaaly scrapped this and have no idea what has gone so so sooo sorry and thank for the update do update soon love you and also PM the update
Edited by SHAhira-Swaron - 7 years ago
raksh11 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Amazingly written... He dint care nly...he ws in I Me Myself world ...thank god dt Sharon is nt giving up...waiting to knw wt she ll do to get rey out of d jail...update soon
Autumn_Hue thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
The update was so so so beautiful and on the edge and crisp.
It conveyed the emotions of your characters to the point and so beautifully.

I love how you write and the description of your characters please please update soon.

Waiting to read the next update and PM me when you do so.

Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hey plz update.. Eager to read further.
snehaswaron77 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi, please update the next part... Can't wait to read further... Every minute and days seems like an ages... Please please please update
Hp_TvD_mAnIc thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Wow aswom update ..

fiercy sharon nd now the fight

updatee soonnn
Autumn_Hue thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
When are you going to update this story it's been a month now.
Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hey please update. It's been a longgg wait.
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Chapter 18 - Reunion

Swayam came back home late that night. His mind was going over the interaction he had with Sharon in his office. She said she loved him! How he had waited to hear these words but not under such circumstances. He couldn't bear to see her like that crying and defeated.

But he couldn't let Rey walk away unhurt. He needed to be punished for what he had done. He had accused him of fraud to fire him- throw him out of his own company. He relished at Rey's expressions when he was being insulted in front of his own staff. Swayam didn't expect that the Board of Directors would take action against Rey. Though in hindsight, he should have seen it coming. One doesn't just get fired after committing a serious offence. The Board was right in acting the way they did.

It was a little over board for Swayam. He didn't think of Rey being imprisoned, but now that he was, Swayam felt he had taken it a little further than intended. Being in prison wasn't a small thing. It would affect Rey adversely.

Swayam chided himself for thinking of Rey's well-being. How did it matter if he was in prison? He shouldn't care about it. Rey made his own bed by hurting his little sister and now he had to lie in it.

His mother and father were waiting for him. They had a grim look on their faces. Rishi informed Swayam, "RanVijay Singhania was admitted to the hospital today.""

Swayam nodded, "I know. Sharon told me.""

Rishi and Anjali exchanged glances. Rishi continued, "Rey was arrested earlier today.""

Swayam nodded again, "I know. The board took legal action against him because of my accusation. I didn't know it at the time.""

"Why would you falsely accuse him? We both know he didn't commit any crime. Care to give us an explanation?"" Rishi probed, "The truth, Swayam.""

He curled his lips, "The truth doesn't matter now. I have taken care of it.""

Anjali spoke, "Our company has merged with the Singhanias. Rey getting arrested will affect our company's image too. I have called an urgent meeting with the PR team tomorrow to handle this situation. What story do you want to go with?""

Swayam raised his eyes to look at his parents- what story he wanted to go with? With money and power, they could manipulate anything they wanted to in their favour. But why was he judging them? Didn't he do the same to Rey? - Abused his power and position to frame him? Swayam closed his eyes to shut out the thoughts.

"I am fine with whatever you want to do mom,"" he replied icily, ending the discussion and walking to his room.

Swayam pushed open the door to find a vacant dimly lit room. A part of him was expecting Sharon to be here. These past few months he had been accustomed to seeing her smiling face, welcoming him. She would sit with him and talk about her day, asking about his. She would go in detail, fervently explaining him what new procedure she learnt in class. He would smile and nod but in reality everything went over his head.

And now he had driven her away from him. Somewhere in his mind he knew his reaction against Rey was exaggerated but the other voice in his head told him it was reasonable. How could he have foreseen that the company board would take this route? All he wanted was to hurt Rey in any way he could. Swayam had grown up looking after Taani. She was his best friend once upon a time. Even though they weren't very close now, he had to shield her.

There was an eerie silence in the room. He ached to hear Sharon's voice. He missed her. He knew she wouldn't come home tonight.

He flung his laptop bag on the couch and lied down on the bed. He closed his eyes but sleep never came. All he could see was Sharon's teary face and her defeated eyes.

---------

Swayam had a headache the next morning. He was still in the same clothes he had worn last night. He couldn't sleep a wink. After taking Rey down, he thought he would be at peace but he felt no such thing.

On the contrary he was in turmoil. His insides churned when he thought of his behavior towards Sharon the only person who was able to break his walls. She was the one who made him smile again, made him laugh again. And what did he do to her?

It was excruciatingly painful for him to see her like that. He could hear her silent scream, he could feel her suffocation. Yet he stood there and let her crumble.

He massaged his temples to mitigate the pain.

There was a knock on the door. A staff member came in with a tray of breakfast, followed by his mother. Once the staff left, his mother spoke, "there's some toast and eggs. You didn't come down for breakfast so I thought you could eat in your room. We have a big day today.

Swayam's headache was increasing by the minute.

Anjali continued, "I presume after what happened Sharon won't be coming back. I have called the PR team at home. We need to establish a proper story before the press starts printing their own version. I would want your inputs.""

Swayam clenched his teeth, "Do what you want mother. I told you last night too.""

His mother fidgeted for a moment, wanting to speak more on the topic, but looking at Swayam's almost bloodshot eyes, she decided otherwise and left.

Swayam took a painkiller for his throbbing head. He left the breakfast tray untouched. He couldn't even think of eating anything.

"Are you happy now?"" came a girl's voice. Swayam's eyes shot straight ahead to the source of the voice. It was Taani.

"Tell me Bhai, now that you have supposedly defended' me, does it make you happy?"" she asked again.

"Did you talk to Sharon?"" he asked her.

"Answer my question. Are you happy?"" she inquired again.

"No!"" he yelled, feeling frustrated.

Taani scoffed, "Then why did you do it? Did I ever tell you that Rey misbehaved with or exploited me? If you felt the same, why didn't you speak to me once before embarking on this vengeance?""

Swayam took a deep breath, "I was so angry on him. I did whatever I thought was right.""

Taani shook her head, "No, you did it all to quench your ego. I have lived with you, mom and dad long enough to know how inflated your notion of your self is and how important it is to keep that afloat.""

"In the heat of the moment I might have..."" Swayam trailed off.

"And now you are having second thoughts?"" Taani softened her tone.

Swayam was the verge of saying yes, but he held back. He couldn't acknowledge the truth. He had started regretting what he did but he wasn't brave enough to accept his mistake.

Taani spoke calmly, "Stop behaving like our parents. Don't go down that road else you'll lose Sharon. Are you willing to pay that price?""

Swayam listened to his younger sister preaching him. He inwardly chuckled for being worried about her. She was the youngest but most mature person in the family. She didn't need anyone looking out for her. In fact it was the other way round. She was looking out for them, for him. She was the only one who was trying to make Swayam realize his mistake, unlike his parents who just wanted to whitewash the incident.

"If you have realized your mistake, it's never too late to rectify it,"" Taani added.

"It is too late. She hates me,"" Swayam confessed. "Rightly so. I don't know what came over me. I saw Rey with Vicky and then I heard about you and Rey and I messed everything. The worst part is I hurt her. I didn't want to but I don't know what came over me.""

"Do you really think she'll forgive me?"" Swayam asked earnestly, though he knew Taani's answer wouldn't indicate the reality.

Taani shrugged her shoulder, "I don't know if she'll forgive you but you have to try.""

Swayam walked up to Taani and hugged her, "Thanks little sister."" He knew what he had to do. It was never too late.

---------

Ranvijay Singhania was discharged from the hospital by noon. Sharon got him home and helped him lie on the bed. She made him a light lunch and chitchatted with him till he fell asleep. She was trying to take his and her mind off the events. She didn't want to give any stress to her father.

Once he fell asleep she sat in the couch. She had been calling the lawyer, Malhotra uncle constantly to get any update regarding Rey's bail. They had applied to the court for bail and the decision was awaited. On his persistence about the reason for Swayam's erratic behavior, she had begrudgingly told him the truth that in Swayam's mind it was for his sister, for his family.

Sharon's put her head on the table. There were so many things going on in her mind mainly Swayam. How could he be so indifferent towards her plight? How could he not care a bit for her? She confessed her true feelings for him and he still didn't budge. He had reverted to his old self. This was the same guy she had married nine months back cold and ruthless.

Why did she ever think he would change? She was a fool to believe that he had let her in, that he could ever love her. She felt hot tear form in her eyes. She sniffled as it rolled down her cheek. She was so lonely...

Despite of what he had done, she missed him! She couldn't believe herself. When did she become so weak? Swayam's words rang in her mind- never let anyone hold so much power over yourself. And yet she had let him. She started to fall in love with him; her first love not realizing how and when. And now she felt like she was in a tug of war between her head and heart.

She felt a hand on her shoulder and whirled around foolishly expecting Swayam. It was Kria.

"The guard let me in,"" were the first words out of her mouth, "I hope it's okay.""

Sharon was so relieved to see a familiar face that she instantly pulled Kria into a hug. She broke down in tears.

Kria ran a hand over her head, "Ssshhh... you've to be strong Sharon.""

Sharon pulled back and nodded. She wiped her eyes, "How did you know?""

Kria sat beside her, "A mutual friend of mine and Rey informed me. I wanted to see if Uncle was doing fine.""

Sharon nodded, "He is fine; resting now.""

"And Rey?""

Sharon wringed her hands, "Our lawyer is working on it. I hope he gets bail today. He is not in a good condition.""

"Time will heal everything. You have to be positive,"" Kria comforted her.

Sharon pressed her lips, "I have behaved horribly with you. I ruined yours and Rey's relationship and you are here... with us in these rough times.""

Kria smiled, "I really cared for Rey, I still do.""

Sharon spoke in between tears, "You know Swayam did all this because he thought he was looking out for his sister. And I used the same reasoning when I confronted you that I was looking out for Rey. I did the same and I guess I am getting the payback now.""

Kria shook her head, "I don't know everything that transpired between Swayam's sister and Rey but don't blame yourself for anything Sharon. I do understand, now, your point of view. At that time I was furious at you but these past few months, I have given it a lot of thought and I know I was in the wrong. It's not right to start a relationship on lies. Rey had told me every single detail, no matter how trivial, of his life and I hid this big fact from him. Maybe if you never confronted me I would have gone through life without ever telling him about my past.""

Sharon snorted, at herself, "I sat on my high horse and judged you. I arm-twisted you to tell Rey everything. Yet, you are here for my family. I can't even begin..."" her sobs cut her words.

"This is the time to be strong,"" Kria encouraged her, "This is not the time to be reminiscing about old incidents. Uncle and Rey need you.""

Sharon didn't know what to say. She placed her hand on Kria's and gave a light squeeze. Kria smiled in return.

----------

Sharon smiled as she saw Ranvijay talking excitedly with Kria. He always adored her. He didn't know the full details of Rey and Kria's break up so the conversation between them was not that awkward.

Sometimes Sharon wondered if Kria was more of a daughter to Ranvijay than she was. Sharon had spent almost all her life away from her family. She never had that strong familial bond especially with her father. But Kria seemed to gel along with him so well. It was as if the Rey-Kria break-up never happened.

The door bell rang and Sharon went to answer it. Her jaw hit the floor when she saw Rey standing at the entrance. She pulled her brother in a tight embrace, tears of joy running down her cheeks, "Thank God you are back.""

Rey didn't respond or react to Sharon. She furrowed her brows at her brother's reaction. "What's the matter Rey?"" she asked, praying that there was no more bad news.

Rey looked away from her and gave a smirk, "Nothing, sister."" The way he said sister didn't sound endearing.""

"Rey?"" Sharon prodded.

Rey scoffed and looked at her, "l was just released from jail, Sharon. I was in police custody. All because of you and your husband!""

"What?"" Sharon was befuddled, "How is any of this my fault?""

"Malhotra uncle told me everything. You do know in Swayam's twisted mind this was all for Taani. And you were the one who shoehorned herself between Taani and me. You had to interfere!"" Rey was almost yelling. "You told him that it was me. You painted a target on my back.""

Sharon shook her head fervently, "I told him only because he would have found out. And then he saw you with Vicky and thought that you two were conspiring against him.""

"No, he wouldn't have found out. The same day you came to me, Taani and I broke off our affair. We decided not to meet any more. Only if you had simply kept your mouth shut, none of this would have happened.""

"Rey... I..."" Sharon stammered, thinking hard of how to explain her brother the situation she was in.

Rey was about to say something when he saw Kria at the entrance to his father's bedroom.

Sharon followed Rey's gaze. She quickly wiped her cheeks when she saw Kria. "I'll... I'll tell father you are back."" She muttered and walked inside.

Rey and Kria stared at each other in silence.

Kria cleared her throat, "I am sorry if I over stepped my boundary by coming here. When I heard you were in jail and uncle was not well, I had to come.""

"Thanks."" Rey muttered.

Kria cleared her throat, "This may not be the right time but I really needed to tell you how sorry I am to have kept you in the dark about my past. I really mean it.""

Rey scoffed and shook his head earning him a quizzical look from Kria.

"I was just thinking how trivial our fight was compared to all that has happened now,"" Rey explained, "I called off our wedding because you hid your past with Swayam. Now that I look at it, it seems so unimportant.""

"But Rey,"" Kria spoke, "what I did to Swayam, all those years back was horrible.""

"And I have done worse in my life. Swayam has too,"" Rey countered, "We all have.""

"No, Rey, she countered, "what I did was awful. I don't want to whitewash my mistakes. I want to own up to them.""

Rey gave her a smile, "If it's really that important to you I forgive you.""

Kria eyes teared up and she smiled. She had been gearing up for this moment for so long. She had contemplated so many ways in which it could go wrong. She had imagined that Rey might not even bother to listen to her. His swift and simple reaction lifted a heavy weight off her chest.

"Thanks, she muttered with a hint of smile and then added, "I should be leaving now.""

As Kria opened the door, she heard Rey speak from behind, "Is it fine if I call you tomorrow?""

Kria turned to face him, "Yes, I would like that.""

Rey nodded and bade her a goodnight.

Ever since their break-up, he had been spiraling down. Going to prison was the last straw. The only good thing that came out of it was he was now completely cut off from Swayam and the Shekhawats. He could begin afresh. He wanted to get back to normal and in his heart, he always knew that would begin with Kria. Ever since the break up, he had been acting out, trying to get over her. But he couldn't. What was done was done, he decided. Now it was time for a new beginning.

---------

Edited by ErisedWitch45 - 6 years ago
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Applef

Awesome update..

Swayum did really wanted to believe what he wanted only..
Just as Sharon said..
He by hook and crook wanted to take revenge on Rey..
And he did it..
Sharon was so exhausted both mentally and physically..
I'm really amazed and proud of her.. That she's still not giving up yet.
And finally she did confessed to swayum..
But totally in an unexpected situation..

I'm really impressed with your writing skills..
It just seems so real..
Update soon..

Thanks for reading and reviewing!
Swayam was in a ... self-centred (?) state of mind, like you mentioned - by hook or crook. I wanted the reader to feel Sharon's exhaustion and it makes me happy that you took note of that. Yeah, the confession timing wasn't ideal for the poor girl.
Thanks again for continually supporting the story.
Sorry for the delay - was out of town for a long time.