Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
i tell you funny initially i read gel and i thought why are we talking about hair gel ???? it took me few to think hinglish...lol you mean JAIL
Edited by cimba - 8 years ago
-De.De- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: cimba

@DEDE
women are treated unequal every where. when it came to keep women oppressed society used customs and when that did not work used religion. Honestly it has no religion or country that has been better. Some are open and some are closet cases. USA world's biggest and so called liberal country gave rights to vote for women way later than men. we as a nation voted black president before voting for women just to show its still boys club here.
as to multiple wives is a way something that worked in a days of war when all moguls were going from turkey /north to fight in india on feet and would return less than half and werent home for lots of the years due to wars. Burkha and multiple wives were created to avoid harrassment from few left off men in town and lots of widows survival. now this was said in the name of religion because people will believe it and obey it with out opposing it but now after so many decades later women also feel that is ok because its allah's order and men feel privileged gender. women are working and can survive with out men ever than before but our total social thinking has yet to evolve. religion was made to better social norms. police and jails were not there for social causes in society .. you tell person god said be good,do good and be fearful of wrong doing. it worked for then society for the most part. woman need to educated and smell the coffee . not need to be on fights and wars at home over this but we can change by one day at time by changing things for young girls and doing right by them. Education is the key to all and sometimes just use common sense. How can god tell anyone to have four wives and women can not even use their peripheral vision in burkha... is god really unfair/bias to women ? maybe he is a man too. ...
this is the time think out side of what was written in BC ages and apply it in today age.

I completely agree with what you have said. Ditto to everything except last part.
God allowed 4 marriages but with strict conditions and strict situations and also one of the conditions are: ONLY IF you can do justice to both wives only then think about another marriage while being married AND man can only marry if already wife agrees and he got her full consent.
People see 4 marriages rule and HURAAY but it comes with conditions only if people were bothered to read the fine print!

Allah can never be unfair to women. We are HIS creations. He loves us so much. You can tell this by the fact the after Allah it is woman who can bring life into this world. Paradise lies under feet of mother. And so many more examples I can give.

But the thing is... you can even see my point, that girls even don't know their rights and what Allah says about women, daughters, mothers and how much it is emphasized to treat woman right, take a look at example of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH).

This is one of many Judgement signs of Qayamat and this one seems more relevent to your response:

Narrated Hazrat Abdullah and Hazrat Abu Musa: The Holy Prophet said, "Near the establishment of the Hour, there will be days during which religious ignorance will spread, knowledge will be taken away (vanish) and there will be much Al-Harj, and Al-Harj means killing."

[Sahih Bukhari, Hadith no. 184]

Lastly, you are right about women being educated which I would say both worldly knowledge and correct understanding of Quran. And they have to be strong and be able to stand up to wrong and wrong doer.

cimba thumbnail
education means books and general education which can makes one capable of thinking outside of religious books and fend for her self and her kids. no means any quran or bible.
one can be impartial to all 4 women in life. that is all wishful thinking. All said and done who wants to compete all your life with three other women for attention, money and kids place in the brood. its good in books ... go and ask any one from their heart if they are happy to be one of the 4 and are treated equal?? its total crap to accept and believe that the fat one,the one who bore first son, beautiful one and smart one,one who has her own money will be in the same boat. none is at fault its just human nature to value things and prefer one over other. there is a generation of brain washing by religion and society is at work. easy to prey on weaker gender. women play equal role outside of the home going to work but once they r home where is equality for the most part?? more chores are done by girl child than boy child...
god loves all of his creations. but books are written by someone other than god.
i dont like to be influenced by religious thinking of any but i like to be moral and just in my life. i believe in being a good human being. there is good in every religion but there is more that is unjust specially to women than u think.
i am slightly feminist. women need to unite and take charge. i want four husbands so i can go unlimited shopping...lol ps. i dont even like shopping...hehe just try to think out side of the religious box and watch /see.
hope you dont take it personal.
navjotparmar thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cimba

i tell you funny initially i read gel and i thought why are we talking about hair gel ???? it took me few to think hinglish...lol you mean JAIL

GEL means serial gul e rana.
Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -De.De-

Even though, I dont watch this show, but how in the world does this makes it's any better? I don't think this marriage is valid, isn't in Islam marriage is not considered marriage if it's forced on one party. It was to be consensual on both sides.

It worries me what Pakistani dramas are showing and how it's going to effect the audience especially the young generation.

Your post made me so happy. I felt like i was the only one who disliked this drama. It makes no sense. Some younger cousins of mine are like 'I wish Adeel was our husband' and i am just like *facepalm.*

Everyone is defending this drama saying Rana is atleast speaking up😕 but i just dont get the point of this show. Its so senseless.

I highly suggest writers to stop writing about rape/forced marriages because somehow in the end, everything falls in place which is bullshit. A man can be an animal and a woman will forgive her? Whyyy???

Ugh, this show pisses me off man.
cimba thumbnail
i too agree with both of you ladies that this drama is pointless and senseless. Why force some one to marry and then both be miserable together. Adeel is another character who needs to be on medication and calm down. His leechad cousins are also another story. why adeel is cheating and always preying on other women but he looses his control if wife gets a call from male cousin??? lies.. lies and more lies... rana is practically imprisoned in her own house. The way adeel talks down to her, treats her is making me angry. I too am guilty of still watching even though i feel its a insult to womanhood.