What has Anupam Kher done except sing praises for PM Modi: Kader Khan

CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

What has Anupam Kher done except sing praises for PM Modi: Kader Khan DNA WEB TEAM | Sat, 30 Jan 2016-06:40pm , dna webdesk

The 79-year-old actor also said that while an award is no big thing, its importance lies in the people it has been conferred upon.

Veteran actor Kader Khan has hit out at Anupam Kher who received a Padma Bhushan this year by saying that Kher has done nothing but sing praises for Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

"What has he done except singing praises for (Prime Minister) Narendra Modi," he asked.

Khan also said that he may have not been given the Padma award this year because he never flattered anyone in his life; he added that he is glad he is not included in the awardees' list this year.

"... it's good that they did not give me a Padma Shri. I have neither flattered anyone in my life, nor will I ever. I don't want these awards if they have been given to people (in the industry) who got it this time," reports IANS.

The 79-year-old actor also said that while an award is no big thing, its importance lies in the people it has been conferred upon. "Earlier there was a certain honesty in these words but now it is not the same case. People have now forgotten to respect others and have become way too selfish," he said.

Popular

Kader Khan and Anupam Kher have starred in several movies together, including Hum, Chaalbaaz, Judwaa, Deewana Mastana, Bade Miyan Chote Miyan, Dhadkan and Umar.

Edited by White-Rose - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Its kinda sad...Anupam Kher is an exceptional and versatile actor...he is making us forget it. How many actors in their 20s can pull off a 60+ character as he did in Saransh?

Edited by .Hajmola. - 8 years ago
Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
He's one of the best Actors He's ruining his own respect.
chachichampa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Kader Khan is an ok actor mainly at only comic roles... but Anupam Khre has been exceptional in every sphere of acting. He deserves the award... and Kader Khan should stop with the sour grapes. Come on if it was between KK and AK who would you give it to? Its a no brainer - AK.
448368 thumbnail
Lol Anupam is 10 times the actor that Kader could ever be. Saraansh > Kader's entire career.
JustMySelf thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
who stopped u from singing praises of modi ji n winning one
award for urself either why howling now? try next year ok?😆
Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I don't know why these people have to bring in the PM every damn time. What has he to so with it? Or was it done purposely to seek attention?
On topic, I think Kader khan was superb with the comedy roles he has done but Anupam Kher has done way better than him. Anyone can say that. So Mr Khan chill. May be some other time.