Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TOTAL-ROMANTIC thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Awesome Shruthi.. Awesome, couldn't have said better..the episode was so amazing in every aspect. Nikhil Sinha is just awesome..πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Gets the best out of his actors..
BertieWooster thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Wonderful post, Shruthi..!

Yes, Janak's dialogue to Ravan was the standout line y'day. Stop talking and start doing and then we'll see!

All that long bashan of Ravan and just one line from Janak was enough to put an end to it. Wise men don't need too many words to make their point!

I totally agree with your point that fathers need to begin respecting their daughters themselves to begin with. Not see them as burdens to be passed off but as treasures to be shared only with the right suitors!

If this change in attitude comes about, the status of women will automatically start getting better in society!
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Bertie did you notice the way he said it. With such calm and composure, but the words carrying the necessary sting.
Father's can really play a big role in wanting a daughter. They can stand upto their families telling they are willing to have baby girl in their home. If one son stands up against his family for his unborn child, change will happen to that family, and slowly the process will spread.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BertieWooster

Wonderful post, Shruthi..!

Yes, Janak's dialogue to Ravan was the standout line y'day. Stop talking and start doing and then we'll see!

All that long bashan of Ravan and just one line from Janak was enough to put an end to it. Wise men don't need too many words to make their point!

I totally agree with your point that fathers need to begin respecting their daughters themselves to begin with. Not see them as burdens to be passed off but as treasures to be shared only with the right suitors!

If this change in attitude comes about, the status of women will automatically start getting better in society!

@bold: Even wise women don't need more words to pass on their message.
Normal women talks much to explain their views as men are very slow in understanding themπŸ˜‰

BertieWooster thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ramyalaxmi

@bold: Even wise women don't need more words to pass on their message.
Normal women talks much to explain their views as men are very slow in understanding themπŸ˜‰

I wasn't using men in a gender specific context actually...used it the way we say mankind..!

But yes, when the audience is dim, you need to elaborate 😊
BertieWooster thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Bertie did you notice the way he said it. With such calm and composure, but the words carrying the necessary sting.

Father's can really play a big role in wanting a daughter. They can stand upto their families telling they are willing to have baby girl in their home. If one son stands up against his family for his unborn child, change will happen to that family, and slowly the process will spread.

Fully agree...I think men need to start the fight against discrimination of women in their homes...the societal change will follow automatically..!
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: BertieWooster

I wasn't using men in a gender specific context actually...used it the way we say mankind..!

But yes, when the audience is dim, you need to elaborate 😊

I know but thought to make a point as the stage was provided.πŸ˜‰
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ramyalaxmi

@Shruthi: Amazing dear. I just liked it totally. So it is not only me who eagerly waits for the failure of egoistic personπŸ˜‰

Coming to manusmriti part, for me the last line is true as long as the world gets free of evils. To be clear, women really cant be given the freedom till the time men get freedom from evil thoughts.

Gandhi told "True Indian independence can be achieved only when  women with full jewels can walk w/o fear at 12 in night"

Shruthi, completely enjoying the wonderful discussions here! 

But I am going to disagree with this point made by you and Ramya 

My point is opposite - the men will respect women only when they stand up for themselves and respect and demand their freedom. 

For too Long our societies have glorified the sacrificing woman who will suffer in silence. most of the social ills of dowry female feoticide etc have prospered because we have allowed the social order to define women as lesser than men! 

Rape in Hindi has been referred to as izzat lootna- the only crime in the world where the victim is disgraced and forced to feel ashamed and not the one who commits this heinous crime. 

And all this has happened because we have glorified the woman being an 'abala ' - someone without any 'bal' or strength .

Many of Manu's sayings are very regressive and misognystic and we must strongly take a stand against such statements! Manu belonged to an era where such things may have been acceptable, but not anymore 
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
as a shakti upasak, a devotie of maa shakti, i don't think that women are "abala". women are made to think themselvs as weaker than men to florish the patriarchial views.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arshics

Shruthi, completely enjoying the wonderful discussions here! 

But I am going to disagree with this point made by you and Ramya 

My point is opposite - the men will respect women only when they stand up for themselves and respect and demand their freedom. 

For too Long our societies have glorified the sacrificing woman who will suffer in silence. most of the social ills of dowry female feoticide etc have prospered because we have allowed the social order to define women as lesser than men! 

Rape in Hindi has been referred to as izzat lootna- the only crime in the world where the victim is disgraced and forced to feel ashamed and not the one who commits this heinous crime. 

And all this has happened because we have glorified the woman being an 'abala ' - someone without any 'bal' or strength .

Many of Manu's sayings are very regressive and misognystic and we must strongly take a stand against such statements! Manu belonged to an era where such things may have been acceptable, but not anymore 

I mentioned in my previous post that women should first protect themselves before dealing with the issue. It does not mean we are abala naari. Even to play sports the players take the precautionary measures, so do we. 
When you deal with virus, u cant do expt with cell culture without any environmental secure procedures apart from ur safety. Same holds here, yes we can fight for our rights of freedom only when the person in front has the sense to understand what we say. 
So in a sense manusmriti is right first free the world especially men from evil thoughts, the rest fall in place.